Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: What is the crappiest Square Enix game you ever played?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Rianoa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeZipster View Post
    FFX-2
    yeah i agree but Drakengard is i duno Caims in love with his sister Furie acording to the dragons hints the things she says ew i lurv ff but its just gros
    Caim loves Furiae (I forgot the name...) as a sister.

It's Furiae who loves Caim more than a brother... She unfortuanetly pays for it in the end...

Drakengard has one of the most unique stories in RPG history (though it did not always tell it so well...) and Drakengard 2 includes a wonderful story and actual gameplay.

wooh~

FFXIV Character

Aydin Yamisama (Sargatanas)

If movies were involved. I would say FFX: AC but since it's not...

I would say that FFVIII was my least favorite. Too boring and the 'draw' system was really tedious and too time consuming.

Wait, now that I think of it, FFXII was so much worse than FFVIII! I hated the system so much! I mean what was so bad about the battle system where you input commands and don't move at all! T_T

[QUOTE=Tsukasa;2231875]
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    I thought FFTA was terrible and boring as heck.
    This and FFXI. Thought I think FFXI wins my award, mainly for costing me so much just to play it for ten minutes and decide that it sucked.
    -slaps- You can't just decide that it sucked after ten minutes if game play. By the way, it gets better later in the game when you get to party and it's fun as heck!

Judging an MMO based on 10 minutes is just full on stupidity.

Anyway, the worst Square-Enix game has to be FF7: DoC.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_lover666 View Post
    If movies were involved. I would say FFX: AC but since it's not...

I would say that FFVIII was my least favorite. Too boring and the 'draw' system was really tedious and too time consuming.

Wait, now that I think of it, FFXII was so much worse than FFVIII! I hated the system so much! I mean what was so bad about the battle system where you input commands and don't move at all! T_T
    ya i agree
    :shoot:yo im new to this sig thing so id appreciate comments and suggestions to my pm box k thanx :shoot:

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Judging an MMO based on 10 minutes is just full on stupidity.

Anyway, the worst Square-Enix game has to be FF7: DoC.
    I played it for a month.. decided it sucked even after reaching higher levels.. and stopped playing

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    I played it for a month.. decided it sucked even after reaching higher levels.. and stopped playing
    So, do you have a point?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Everyone would be supprised if I said this, but...

FFVII and any other spinoff besides Crisis core. I just... didn't get in FFVII at all, it bored me. Many people say Midgar was cool... I didn't get that part. I'm sorry guys, but FFVII... it's just not that good, unless you like being bored to death.

My favorite Squaresoft game is Chrono Trigger ^_^. Probably their only good game besides FFVI, FFV, FFIV and FFIX IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 50calCerberus View Post
    i would have to say musashi and 12...i cant believe some people hated ff10 and threads of fate though
    One-on-one, the enemies are easy to slice through. It's only the situations where Musashi is being attacked by a group where the game poses some difficulty. So if there's a hassle afoot, it's just a matter of backing up and slice, slice, slice.
    Musashi had a predictable story, bland characters (aside from Istara, I dig her), and a horrible duplication system. I've already compiled a system which works better for implementing the various abilities learned in the game. One of my biggest peeves comes from the focus gauge that could be broken the second the enemy made a sudden movement like jumping. That wouldn't be a problem if the enemy attacked strategically instead of at random.

I do not agree with the quote. I mean, it's true, but there's nothing wrong with it. Check the title. It's called Musashi: Samurai Legend. Now go watch Rurouni Kenshin and listen to what Mr. Himura has to say about one-on-one fighting.

I like the game, but it is crappy. Did I mention the crap voices?
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 02-05-2008 at 11:14 PM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I have to say the worst one I ever played wuz Final Fantasy Tactics the battles wuz long and I just couldn't really stand playing it. Like just one battle took like almost 30 min. Levelin up on that game would take forever.

The best Square game is 2 hard for me to decide I love their games lol even though some don't...everyone has his or her own option XD

~Gamer 4 Life!!!! ^-^~

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    I thought FFTA was terrible and boring as heck.
    This and FFXI. Thought I think FFXI wins my award, mainly for costing me so much just to play it for ten minutes and decide that it sucked.
    -slaps- You can't just decide that it sucked after ten minutes if game play. By the way, it gets better later in the game when you get to party and it's fun as heck!
    I listened to my housemate bitch about the formation of parties and how you always got stuck with some American player expecting you to do nothing but cast "Refresh" on each party member or something, and he's the one who tried to get me playing it! Then he'd mention how annoying it was that he spent most of his time running after monsters who he'd nearly defeated and would then just run off.

Ten minutes is an exaggeration. I played long enough to level up a few times and still found it boring. Don't you DARE tell me I didn't give the game a chance or else I'll happily pick up the chance I gave FFX, roll it into a ball and throw it at you so hard you'll explode like a victim of Sub Zero's snowball Fatality!

NEVER accuse a person of not giving a game a chance after ten minutes, especially one who played through to the end of FFX and then some just so people would stop accusing him of "not giving the game a chance". I've masochistically "given it a chance" to enough games to last fifteen lifetimes and as far as I'm concerned I'll have seventy times the leg to stand on when talking about games I gave a chance. Now I just don't bother reading gaming news, let alone playing them, as when I form opinions of games (ever walked out of a movie that you actually paid entry for? I actually haven't, just so you know. I know what a "chance" is, especially after reaching Penance and conceding I couldn't be bothered.) people just give me for it because they can't handle this idea that somebody might not agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver
    You must CHOOSE OR DIE and BE KILLED if your choice is not THE CORRECT one. Gamers are fun that way.
    I should put that back in my sig.

P.S. The question on the thread is "Worst SE game you played". Get back on topic, bitches. I could just as easily bash anyone who slagged off FF7 in this topic until I'd realise I have no adequate reason to do so other than my own fan bias.

P.P.S. Final Fantasy VII. Final Fantasy V. Parasite Eve II. GoldenEye 007. Yoshi's Island. Zelda: Link's Awakening. Mortal Kombat Deception. Soul Calibur. Tomb Raider. DOOM. Starwing. What do they all have in common? They're games I didn't initially like, gave them a chance anyway and really got into.

P.P.P.S. Super Mario 64. Final Fantasy X. Both games I've completed almost 100% and still hate, but people kept telling me I wasn't giving them a chance. They still do.

tl;dr : The "ten minute" thing is an exaggeration, I played longer than that, still couldn't get into it, and I've done the same thing with so many games that I've no longer the patience for it, especially with the "you must love this or else you're not my friend!" attitude of most gamers these days.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 02-10-2008 at 04:38 PM.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I strongly disliked Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring because it seemed like a horribly incomplete fighting game experience. From what I remember of the game, I hated its Quest Mode about the two archeologists looking for treasure and ending up in a strange, remote village.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

My least favourite Square-game is Kingdom Hearts. I don't think mixing FF and Disney was a good idea at all, and I never got used to having Goofy and Donald in my party. Sora to me looked like a bad and simplified version of the typical FF-hero.

My favourite Square game is FF-X.
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Ten minutes is an exaggeration. I played long enough to level up a few times and still found it boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver
    You must CHOOSE OR DIE and BE KILLED if your choice is not THE CORRECT one. Gamers are fun that way.
    P.P.S. Final Fantasy VII. Final Fantasy V. Parasite Eve II. GoldenEye 007. Yoshi's Island. Zelda: Link's Awakening. Mortal Kombat Deception. Soul Calibur. Tomb Raider. DOOM. Starwing. They're games I didn't initially like, gave them a chance anyway and really got into.

P.P.P.S. Super Mario 64. Final Fantasy X. Both games I've completed almost 100% and still hate, but people kept telling me I wasn't giving them a chance. They still do.

"you must love this or else you're not my friend!"
    Agreed, agreed. I actually didn't know what VII was before I played it. I own the whole series now with the exception of XI. I played PE/II because I became a fan of Squaresoft. I like MK and SC but hate Bond games and most Nintendo games.

You're statements hit me right in the funnybone. It made me think of this
    Quote Originally Posted by Count_Duffus
    Quote Originally Posted by General+Assembly
    I was originally a Christian, but now I'm a Mormon.
    How long were you a Christian?
    Quote Originally Posted by Count_Duffus
    Quote Originally Posted by General+Assembly
    Ten years.
    Ten years? You never even gave it a chance.
    Apparently, if you're of a particular opinion and someone else says they once agreed or considered agreeing or tried to agree, it suddenly becomes necessary to win that someone over and find a way to utterly destroy their reasoning for disagreeing with you... or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I strongly disliked Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring because it seemed like a horribly incomplete fighting game experience. From what I remember of the game, I hated its Quest Mode about the two archeologists looking for treasure and ending up in a strange, remote village.
    I actually like the original characters. I didn't like the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    My least favourite Square-game is Kingdom Hearts. I don't think mixing FF and Disney was a good idea at all, and I never got used to having Goofy and Donald in my party.
    The only characters I liked in KH (not Squee inspired) were Jack Skellington and Jack Sparrow.
    Sora to me looked like a bad and simplified version of the typical FF-hero...
    I think that may've been part of the point. But actually, Sora was meant as an FF/Anime version of Mickey Mouse.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FF_Chick View Post

My favorite Squaresoft game is Chrono Trigger ^_^. Probably their only good game besides FFVI, FFV, FFIV and FFIX IMO.
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat