View Poll Results: Which series is your favorite?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Street Fighter

0 0%
  • Street Fighter II

7 28.00%
  • Street Fighter Alpha

8 32.00%
  • Street Fighter III

10 40.00%
  • Street Fighter EX

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Street Fighter Series?

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'd probably have to go with the Alpha series out of the choices, because I totally loved Alpha 2 as a kid. I still love Street Fighter, but I play Capcom vs SNK 2 and Marvel vs Capcom 2 more than anything. 2D fighters are great, but I really suck at them--I can beat most of my friends, but when it comes to any complex combos over the simplest moves, I'm worthless.

I'm super psyched for Super Street Fighter II HD Remix and Super Puzzle Fighter II HD.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator

Quote Originally Posted by ZeZipster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I play Street Fighter Alpha 3 competitively online over the arcade emulator MAME32k 0.64. Does anyone want to fight me? Heh, heh...

The Street Fighter III series will be available to play online over an arcade emulator very soon. It might be good to get familiar with this sort of thing if you want to play that one online!
    Yeah, I heard people talking about that on SRK's message boards. I'd totally play SF:III3S but I'm not gonna let you wreck my face off in Alpha 3. I suck so bad at Alpha 3, I can't execute combos for crap and on top of that I can't pull off DPs (I use my 360 controller I don't have an arcade stick, and Alpha 3 is very picky about dragon punches). =X

EDIT: How did you get MAME32k .64 to connect? I have to use this hacked Anti3d.com version, is that what everyone else uses? It's really sort of agitating because Mame32k has no display settings and every server I've connected to has been unplayable it's so laggy.
    Ideally, you should be playing on the server near or around the exact same speed that you play on the emulator offline.

If it's that bad, there is probably an issue with your display settings or something - you're not supposed to have it fullscreen, you're not supposed to be using frameskip - and those types things of things.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I play Street Fighter Alpha 3 competitively online over the arcade emulator MAME32k 0.64. Does anyone want to fight me? Heh, heh...

The Street Fighter III series will be available to play online over an arcade emulator very soon. It might be good to get familiar with this sort of thing if you want to play that one online!
    Yeah, I heard people talking about that on SRK's message boards. I'd totally play SF:III3S but I'm not gonna let you wreck my face off in Alpha 3. I suck so bad at Alpha 3, I can't execute combos for crap and on top of that I can't pull off DPs (I use my 360 controller I don't have an arcade stick, and Alpha 3 is very picky about dragon punches). =X

EDIT: How did you get MAME32k .64 to connect? I have to use this hacked Anti3d.com version, is that what everyone else uses? It's really sort of agitating because Mame32k has no display settings and every server I've connected to has been unplayable it's so laggy.
    Ideally, you should be playing on the server near or around the exact same speed that you play on the emulator offline.

If it's that bad, there is probably an issue with your display settings or something - you're not supposed to have it fullscreen, you're not supposed to be using frameskip - and those types things of things.
    Ah... I can't get Mame32k to work properly, it gives me some comctl32.dll error, and then doesn't let me into to settings.

Y'know CPS3 emulation is entering it's beta stages. There's still no emulators I've found for support with Kaillera but I've tried SF:III3S on Mame32. It sort of works, but with massive errors.

CPS3 Mame WIP, More Progress & an unofficial CPS3 release Edit now with some shots of it in action .: We know emulation! Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sega, Aracade and all types of emulation news, articles, and downloads!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

I got Third Strike yesterday. The gameplay is perfectly fine, but the sprites are discolored.

The lead developer, Haze, has already figured out how to unpack the sprites properly. He wants to get Warzard and JoJo working before the code is distributed, I think.

As for the emulator, you may be downloading the wrong one. There's a hacked variant of the MAME32k 0.64 that supports more games and it's roughly a few years old.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

i can't choose between SF3 and SF Alpha! Oh i'll go for the one with more characters...Alpha!

I got Third Strike yesterday. The gameplay is perfectly fine, but the sprites are discolored.

The lead developer, Haze, has already figured out how to unpack the sprites properly. He wants to get Warzard and JoJo working before the code is distributed, I think.

As for the emulator, you may be downloading the wrong one. There's a hacked variant of the MAME32k 0.64 that supports more games and it's roughly a few years old.
    There's also Elsemi's new nebula (although he just calls it CPS3 Emulator), Mame32+ .116u2, and a Mame32 floating around. The Nebula is a perfect emulation, I seriously can't find a single flaw. The Mame32, well it's not so hot. But the Mame32+ is not only usable but georgous, look at this screenshot I took:

EDIT: ImageShack - Hosting :: cps3yv5.jpg click on it to get rid of the weird red lines, that's it on my screens actual resolution. I could easily use that as a wallpaper it's so pretty.
    Last edited by ZeZipster; 06-23-2007 at 05:08 AM.

Mugen Fury - Créez votre propre jeu de combat 2d avec MUGEN

That site has Mame32++ .116u2b (actually, it's really just Mame32+ compiled with Kaillera), I've been playing SFIII:3s online all day. Anyone one join me? I'll be on the anti3d.com server (82.165.178.145:27888) if I'm on under the username Johneh.

Strange how SF:III3s wasn't playable at all on MAME a week ago, now everyone on Kaillera is playing it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

I'd love to play you. How about a server other than Anti3D? Well, no, not right now... maybe a little later on or tomorrow! Things are hectic right now.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

That site has Mame32++ .116u2b (actually, it's really just Mame32+ compiled with Kaillera), I've been playing SFIII:3s online all day. Anyone one join me? I'll be on the anti3d.com server (82.165.178.145:27888) if I'm on under the username Johneh.

Strange how SF:III3s wasn't playable at all on MAME a week ago, now everyone on Kaillera is playing it.
    Speaking of Mugen.

Very fun create your dream fighting roster game.

I'd love to play you. How about a server other than Anti3D? Well, no, not right now... maybe a little later on or tomorrow! Things are hectic right now.
    Yeah, just name a server I don't care which one I play on. Anti3d was just the fastest one I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post

Speaking of Mugen.

Very fun create your dream fighting roster game.
    Yes, yes it is. I've never created anything with it but I do have this Mugen Legends torrent I downloaded with like 500 characters. It's quite fun. Someone should make a thread.