Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP edition of Final Fantasy II to include exclusive secret dungeon

Default PSP edition of Final Fantasy II to include exclusive secret dungeon

AllRPG - Latest News

That's right, the PSP remake of Final Fantasy II, entitled Final Fantasy II: Anniversary Edition in honor of the series' 20th anniversary, has a new, never-before-seen secret dungeon.

So what goes down in the hidden area? According to Siliconera, you "use collected keywords like 'airship' and 'wild rose' to create rooms to explore". How do you collect the words? How do you use them to create the rooms? Uh, I guess you'll have to buy the game to find out, because I have no idea.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Heh, well that's pretty cool.

That sounds awesome. I can't to find out more about that dungeon.

Where on the World Map will they stick the dungeon though?

Articles
    Blog Entries

that sounds pretty cool. the FFI version didn't appeal to me too much but in the case of FFII, it makes me really consider getting a PSP.

You probably collect the words the same way you do in the original. I've made it clear before, I'm not a big fan of making significant changes to an existing game. The Final Fantasy Origins facelift, I liked. I haven't seen screenshots, but I would assume that this is a 3-D game as the remakes of all the others and I'm not really a big fan of that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    I haven't seen screenshots, but I would assume that this is a 3-D game as the remakes of all the others and I'm not really a big fan of that.
    You're wrong

RPGamer > Final Fantasy II PSP > Screenshots

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

All right. I'm wrong, but then I was basing my guess on what I had seen done in the recent past. Still, adding an extra dungeon to a game still seems a little wrong to me. Don't get onto me for that statement yet. Read on.

And this isn't like adding the Weapons to Final Fantasy VII. Because that was the original American release and every subsequent release thereafter. That leads one to assume that they were supposed to have been in the Japanese release but they didn't have the time to get them in before its release. (I may be wrong about that assumption, but still the lines before it remain true.) Therefore, the Weapons are supposed to be a part of that game.

The extra dungeon in Final Fantasy II, however, has been added after twenty years of that game being one way. It makes me feel a little weird that this game is being changed that way this long after the release. It's a publicity stunt, I believe. People think, "There's a new dungeon. I have Final Fantasy Origins, but it doesn't have a new dungeon. I'll buy this too." Every time they rerelease a game (or system), they have to do something to it to make people who already have it want it again. How many times did they release the GameBoy? The GameBoy Advance and the GameBoy SP were exactly the same thing, yet I know people who bought both. Don't tell me the minor changes as I know of them. The point is, the SP didn't play any new games, yet people who owned the Advance bought it. I made a comment about the stupidity of Americans in a previous thread. This is what they do. They take advantage of American stupidity. And more power to them. This keeps stupid people from having enough money to do anything really stupid. They make a minor change and suddenly everybody wants it regardless of whether they have it.

It's like all those sports games on the PS2. Every year they make a minor change or two and release the same game with a new number on it at full price and people buy it again even though they already have it.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And this isn't like adding the Weapons to Final Fantasy VII. Because that was the original American release and every subsequent release thereafter. That leads one to assume that they were supposed to have been in the Japanese release but they didn't have the time to get them in before its release. (I may be wrong about that assumption, but still the lines before it remain true.) Therefore, the Weapons are supposed to be a part of that game.
    They were added into Final Fantasy VII: International though (which of course was a Japanese-only release, go figure).

The extra dungeon in Final Fantasy II, however, has been added after twenty years of that game being one way. It makes me feel a little weird that this game is being changed that way this long after the release. It's a publicity stunt, I believe. People think, "There's a new dungeon. I have Final Fantasy Origins, but it doesn't have a new dungeon. I'll buy this too." Every time they rerelease a game (or system), they have to do something to it to make people who already have it want it again. How many times did they release the GameBoy? The GameBoy Advance and the GameBoy SP were exactly the same thing, yet I know people who bought both. Don't tell me the minor changes as I know of them. The point is, the SP didn't play any new games, yet people who owned the Advance bought it. I made a comment about the stupidity of Americans in a previous thread. This is what they do. They take advantage of American stupidity. And more power to them. This keeps stupid people from having enough money to do anything really stupid. They make a minor change and suddenly everybody wants it regardless of whether they have it.
    Dawn of Souls had an additional, short, and very difficult campaign after completing the game.

And of course ports and remakes should receive bonus content; it's what justifies porting the same game with a cosmetic upgrade. Some people don't care about these additions and don't buy the game, some people want to experience them and buy the game. I don't see where "American stupidity" comes into this.

And personally I found the SP/DS's better built-in lighting to be well worth the purchase price.

glad i have a psp, it looks cool

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

"use collected keywords like 'airship' and 'wild rose' to create rooms to explore"
    'sup .hack?

pretty neat graphics
    RPG<3

I was considering buying the FFOrigins compilation (FF&FFII for ps1) but now i'm glad i didn't.
    I read a review at RPGFan and the reviewer said that this remake makes the game more playable (and easier)than the previous versions,adds a new dungeon,has better graphics,but it still doesn't justify it's cost (30$) for a game that he considers a disaster.
    http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/ff2anniversary/index.html
    Anyway,i still want to try these games (and complete my FF collection) so i guess i will go for the psp versions.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Well I wouldn't trust that reviewer. He claims FF12 is his favourite Final Fantasy, so he's quite obviously out of his mind.

I can't see this remake justifying me buying a PSP. Then again nothing on the PSP wants to make me buy a PSP.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Along with this Anniversary Pack, theres also something else going to be released. (Only in Japan, of course.:rolleyes2 )

Quote Originally Posted by T3h W1kipedia
    An international version of the game, currently planned as a Japan-exclusive title named Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (ファイナルファンタジーXII インターナショナル ゾディアックジョブシステム, Fainaru Fantajī Tuerubu Intānashonaru Zodiakku Jobu Shisutemu?), is set to be released on August 9, 2007 as part of both Final Fantasy 20th anniversary and Ivalice Alliance campaigns.[122] The game will include twelve License Boards available (instead of the original one), each corresponding to a different Zodiac sign and job. The battle system as a whole will also be tweaked; guest characters and summons will now be controllable by the player, and pressing the L1 button will accelerate the game's speed. Additionally, the game will feature the English voices and the widescreen 16:9 ratio support of the North American version, as well as a bonus disc based on the one initially released with the North American version. Other new features such as new licenses, new spells and new gambits have been shown as well. A new "Trial Mode" will allow the player to hunt monsters 100 different maps to gain items and money. There will also be a "New Game+" option, as well as another unannounced mode of play
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    Along with this Anniversary Pack, theres also something else going to be released. (Only in Japan, of course.:rolleyes2 )

Quote Originally Posted by T3h W1kipedia
    An international version of the game, currently planned as a Japan-exclusive title named Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (ファイナルファンタジーXII インターナショナル ゾディアックジョブシステム, Fainaru Fantajī Tuerubu Intānashonaru Zodiakku Jobu Shisutemu?), is set to be released on August 9, 2007 as part of both Final Fantasy 20th anniversary and Ivalice Alliance campaigns.[122] The game will include twelve License Boards available (instead of the original one), each corresponding to a different Zodiac sign and job. The battle system as a whole will also be tweaked; guest characters and summons will now be controllable by the player, and pressing the L1 button will accelerate the game's speed. Additionally, the game will feature the English voices and the widescreen 16:9 ratio support of the North American version, as well as a bonus disc based on the one initially released with the North American version. Other new features such as new licenses, new spells and new gambits have been shown as well. A new "Trial Mode" will allow the player to hunt monsters 100 different maps to gain items and money. There will also be a "New Game+" option, as well as another unannounced mode of play

Old news

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...announced.html

Vaan - "Hey, you!"