Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judge sues dry cleaners

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Default Judge sues dry cleaners

Oh dear.

What I want to know is, how would the pants have solved all of his personal problems?
    This is a signature.

Blog Entries

Hehe, i could just imagine him saying "I'm going to sue the pants off you"
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

500 k for lawyer fees when he is the lawyer.
    54 million for what at most could have been $100 pants
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

This case needs to be dismissed, the judge forced to pay the defendant's legal fees, and the judge put on an ethics hearing (judges are officers of the court, and thus have a professional responsibility not to waste the court's time). $54 million for pants? Would ANYONE buy that nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by the article
    misled him with a sign that read "satisfaction guaranteed", according to US media.
    Uh... yeah. Next time I buy something from anywhere with "satisfaction guaranteed" posted somewhere (basically any chain store), I'll pretend I'm sad over it and sue for $50 million for false advertising.

Pearson then took the stand himself, detailing his own painful divorce and financial troubles and breaking down in tears, the blog said.
    ... relevance? How was that testimony even allowed?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think this is completely smurfed up and the Judge is being absolutely ridiculous and shameful in this matter. Seriously, that guy vindictive and mean. I feel sooooo bad for the Korean couple that has to go through this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I think this is completely smurfed up and the Judge is being absolutely ridiculous and shameful in this matter. Seriously, that guy vindictive and mean. I feel sooooo bad for the Korean couple that has to go through this crap.
    Aye. I find it rather pathetic when guys like, what's his name again (the lawyer who hates games), sue companies because of something as idiotic as that, but one has to be truly sadistic to sue a family of Korean dry-cleaners. And he's supposed to represent the state and make judgements that can completely destroy people's lives. This is just disgusting.

DON'T judge him!

Yeah, this is utterly rediculous. He could very well be disbarred for this, if the course of action Raistlin pointed out is taken.

Yeah I think that news article is a little fishy.

And by fishy I mean they're leaving out important details to make this look more interesting than it really is.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

What a smurfer. Seriously. I am appalled.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    This case needs to be dismissed, the judge forced to pay the defendant's legal fees, and the judge put on an ethics hearing (judges are officers of the court, and thus have a professional responsibility not to waste the court's time). $54 million for pants? Would ANYONE buy that nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by the article
    misled him with a sign that read "satisfaction guaranteed", according to US media.
    Uh... yeah. Next time I buy something from anywhere with "satisfaction guaranteed" posted somewhere (basically any chain store), I'll pretend I'm sad over it and sue for $50 million for false advertising.

Pearson then took the stand himself, detailing his own painful divorce and financial troubles and breaking down in tears, the blog said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Aye. I find it rather pathetic when guys like, what's his name again (the lawyer who hates games), sue companies because of something as idiotic as that, but one has to be truly sadistic to sue a family of Korean dry-cleaners. And he's supposed to represent the state and make judgements that can completely destroy people's lives. This is just disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    What a smurfer. Seriously. I am appalled.
    Word.

Signature by rubah. I think.

idiots i swear

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Suppose that it was because he had no pants that he was divorced, and after the divorce he lost a lot of money by falling back on drinking a lot to get over it... that would explain how a divorce and financial troubles could come out of a pair of lost pants.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Now, where did I put that Torque Bow?
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Just a huge waste of tax payer money. I heard about this today on the news and was so disgusted with it. *Sigh*

Some people are pathetic.

Edit: I like your signiture, Suiko Jin.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."