Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEGIMA!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Yue's my favorite character. She has a never-ending supply of juice. But I disagree with it beating Love Hina. My friend told me the same thing and I just don't get what y'all see in it. I like Negima and all, but Love Hina is way, way better.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

<span style="color:#FFCCFF">
    I think the Love Hina Anime scored higher than the Negima animes. However, I prefer the Negima Manga. Likely just personal tastes. I will admit that before I make a 'final' judgment on it I'll need to wait till it finishes. Anyways both are great, but I find Negima to fitting my tastes a bit more(or even that I just prefer the character's... Negima's cast is large enough that just about everyone should have a character or two that they particularly like).

My friend lent me the manga. It's reasonably interesting but nothing really stand-out, and the heavy fanservice involving overdeveloped 14-year-olds who are all in love with their 10-year-old teacher isn't exactly my thing.
    *Note: I don't recall all the ways in which the Del Ray manga differs, but I don't much like their translations of it, I prefer the scanlator's translations for the most part(though some of them make me a sad puppy); anyways because of this the Del Ray manga may make somethings appear slightly differently*

It didn't really strike me too much as all of them being overdeveloped. There are some that way, but I have seen 14 year olds quite developed irl from time to time so it is no big deal with me. There are some that are underdeveloped for their age physically(the Fumika twins are the easiest example). Basically they have a range of builds which would make sense in a diverse class.

I really must wonder how much you have read that lead you to state "14-year-olds who are all in love with their 10-year-old". There are actually very few with such intentions toward the poor guy. Most of them just like playing with him in a way that would make any guy cringe.

I could probably list the ones in love with him. But some complications arrive that make certain characters debatable *Cough* Asuna *Cough*

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Not really sure if I should just make a new thread on this or not. But since I am not adding too much that is constructive I'll just post here unless the Moderators are completely against it .

First an update. As of August Del Ray has released Volume 15[chapters 130-139] for sale. In addition as of Today AQS has scanlated up to chapter 182[actually 189 but they somehow managed to skip chapters 183-187]. And onemanga.com has it all the way up to 189.

It is now coming to a head. To Wales they go in chapter 182. Their rigorous training has been completed; though not without the usual mishaps. One of the complications is that Negi's childhood friend comes over and develops a particular dislike to the 'big-breasted nee-chans'; as well as anyone else who would think of 'tempting' Negi.

The sad part is that the hitherto neglected characters still haven't gotten much back ground. Though we did get to see just how much various members of Negi's group has improved. Even Nodoka and Yue can handle themselves now[long story short Eva tests Negi's group by giving them a badge that they must hold onto or else they will not be allowed to go; she then sets it up so that Ayaka and some of the others will try to nab the badges from them.... pretty funny because the twins decide to try and steal Kaede's badge; a couple try to take Ku Fei's badge[whatever they were on must have been strong]... and the opportunists decide to go after Nodoka and Yue].
    </span>

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

As un-special as Negima is, there is a Live-Action version of it that just started airing in Japan.

My suggestion: Avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    As un-special as Negima is, there is a Live-Action version of it that just started airing in Japan.

My suggestion: Avoid.

For some reason I think I have just had a glimpse of hell

Yes, I was fool hardy enough to actually watch the ED and OP...... as well as locate a copy of the raw.... my poor eyes

And is the news bit I read about Negi being played by a 13 year old girl accurate? *deep breath* !TRANSVESTITE!

As a final note.... It isn't just Negima... in general making a live action series of an anime isn't the world's best idea.....[or I have yet to see a good one].
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 10-04-2007 at 01:25 PM.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura View Post
    I think the Love Hina Anime scored higher than the Negima animes. However, I prefer the Negima Manga. Likely just personal tastes. I will admit that before I make a 'final' judgment on it I'll need to wait till it finishes. Anyways both are great, but I find Negima to fitting my tastes a bit more(or even that I just prefer the character's... Negima's cast is large enough that just about everyone should have a character or two that they particularly like).

My friend lent me the manga. It's reasonably interesting but nothing really stand-out, and the heavy fanservice involving overdeveloped 14-year-olds who are all in love with their 10-year-old teacher isn't exactly my thing.
    *Note: I don't recall all the ways in which the Del Ray manga differs, but I don't much like their translations of it, I prefer the scanlator's translations for the most part(though some of them make me a sad puppy); anyways because of this the Del Ray manga may make somethings appear slightly differently*

It didn't really strike me too much as all of them being overdeveloped. There are some that way, but I have seen 14 year olds quite developed irl from time to time so it is no big deal with me. There are some that are underdeveloped for their age physically(the Fumika twins are the easiest example). Basically they have a range of builds which would make sense in a diverse class.

I really must wonder how much you have read that lead you to state "14-year-olds who are all in love with their 10-year-old". There are actually very few with such intentions toward the poor guy. Most of them just like playing with him in a way that would make any guy cringe.

I could probably list the ones in love with him. But some complications arrive that make certain characters debatable *Cough* Asuna *Cough*
    (SPOILER)Asuna gets fried.
    I like it, but I'd like the show more if Negi's voice was less...irritating.

Edit: Whoa, Shun, quoting you made my text pink! Nice touch~
    Last edited by Momiji; 10-04-2007 at 06:46 PM.

i like it i havent seen the anime though and im waiting for vol 18 to come out i heard that there was a game out.... might play that
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

<span style=color:#FFCCFF>
    I like my pink text too . All it is is a simple

PHP Code:
    <span style=color:#FFCCFF>
    </span

Anyways Aquastar has released chapter 191 translated. All I have to say about it is this. Chisame + Tentacle monster with cloth dissolving acid = Akamatsu Ken is a perv.

The Monster finds Chisame
    Chisame learns the monsters true nature
    A girls worst nightmare
    Poor Chisame .
    </span>

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I just recently started to really become interested in this anime. (Manga is too expensive for my tastes, even though I like it.)

Anyway, where's a good place to find the episodes (if I may safely ask that?)

I have to post up. AQS has now released chapter 197. Negi and Kotaru are once again in a tournament. This one however is in the Magic world!

Due to age pills Negi is in his older form. And in this tournament rather than using his name he uses the name of his father, Nagi Springfield. Of course this creates a stir in the magic world. The members of the Negima Club are still searching to locate and regroup with one another. This is part of the reason Negi has taken his father's name. The press publicity has allowed him to reach out and even set a meeting place for his comrades!

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    I just recently started to really become interested in this anime. (Manga is too expensive for my tastes, even though I like it.)

'Fraid I am not sure on the anime. If you are talking about the second anime that one might still be able to be located on mahora-academy.net. However, I think both animes have been licensed for an English release so they may have stopped subbing it.

As for the Manga if you just are talking about the chapters not yet released in English those are locatable at Aquastar's homepage or on various online manga sites[where you read them online, I don't much care for them but some people like them].

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura View Post

I have to post up. AQS has now released chapter 197. Negi and Kotaru are once again in a tournament. This one however is in the Magic world!

Due to age pills Negi is in his older form. And in this tournament rather than using his name he uses the name of his father, Nagi Springfield. Of course this creates a stir in the magic world. The members of the Negima Club are still searching to locate and regroup with one another. This is part of the reason Negi has taken his father's name. The press publicity has allowed him to reach out and even set a meeting place for his comrades!

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post

'Fraid I am not sure on the anime. If you are talking about the second anime that one might still be able to be located on mahora-academy.net. However, I think both animes have been licensed for an English release so they may have stopped subbing it.

As for the Manga if you just are talking about the chapters not yet released in English those are locatable at Aquastar's homepage or on various online manga sites[where you read them online, I don't much care for them but some people like them].

Don't worry about it, I found the entire series on Google Video.