I found this code:

How to get easy money on FF7
    1. Walk around the desart near golden sauser for a while
    2. Sooner or later a little cactus man will appear
    3. You cant defeat him with magic or weapons
    4. To defeat him you summon Chocobos OR Mogs
    5. He is worth 10,000 Gil

Here: Final Fantasy VII (7) Hints

I currently just got to the Saucer, and need money, what desert is near the Saucer, it is up in the sky.

STUNT

i presume it would be the one directly underneath it, but i didn't think cactuars turned up there!? i know they appear on cactuar island which is directly south of cosmo canyon (though you need highwind or a gold chocobo to reach it).

but imo the best way to get money is to sell a mastered all materia because they sell for like 1.4 million i think. you will only need to sell one (possibly 2) and you will never have money troubles again!

ofc if uve just reached gold saucer it's unlikely you have a mastered all materia. when i need money throughout the game i just go to the area with the strongest monsters i can get to at that point.

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Go to the magic pots in sephiroth's cave and use elixers with W-item.

OR go down to the Galinka ship under the ocean. But that's just in general at the end of the game which you aren't at yet.

Quote Originally Posted by d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x View Post
    but imo the best way to get money is to sell a mastered all materia because they sell for like 1.4 million i think. you will only need to sell one (possibly 2) and you will never have money troubles again!
    When I first played through FFVII I sold my first mastered all by accident - by the time I'd realised what I'd done - id bought the house
    do you think tomorrow will bring sun or rain?
    which one of these will show?

Or if you don't wanna cheat and use W-Item, steal Elixirs from Tonberries (who may also drop Megalixirs) and toss those at the Magic Pots. Don't ever attack them before using an Elixir on them as they'll steal a random item. Sometimes it'll be something dead precious, which sucks.

just thought of something actually. has anyone ever had something like and ultimate weaopn stolen like ultima weapon or premium heart. that would so put a downer on the situation

Why do you imprison your saviour?

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

stupid question... after you get to a certain point do you really need money? I know I dont.

just thought of something actually. has anyone ever had something like and ultimate weaopn stolen like ultima weapon or premium heart. that would so put a downer on the situation
    Ultimate weapons only sell for like one gil to dissuade you from doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Reno~ View Post
    stupid question... after you get to a certain point do you really need money? I know I dont.
    Once you've done all the sidequests, especially the pricey chocobo breeding, and have decent weapons and armour then you don't really need money. At that point I tend to fritter it away at the Golden Saucer.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah
    Ultimate weapons only sell for like one gil to dissuade you from doing this.
    He isn't talking about selling them, he saying has anyone have been mugged of something like the Ultima Weapon. and Pheo I doubt something like that can be stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah
    Once you've done all the sidequests, especially the pricey chocobo breeding, and have decent weapons and armour then you don't really need money. At that point I tend to fritter it away at the Golden Saucer.
    The Chocobo sidequest isn't expencive in the slightest as with W-Item Materia you buy 2 sylkes greens and go into battle and do the item trick. I always find that armor isnt that much of a cost in FFVII as whenever I got to a town I had enough money for it not to be a problem

The Chocobo sidequest isn't expencive in the slightest as with W-Item Materia you buy 2 sylkes greens and go into battle and do the item trick.
    You only need one of the desired item to duplicate it. As long as you select it second, the trick will work.

Well... Get into random battles (no matter where you are in the game) & fight.. fight...fight! Monsters drop some gils aite?
    Its best to equip Gil Plus materia & then head to the sunkern plane to kick some monsters' arses. They carry more than enough gils & plus, you'll earn yourself handsome exps (more efficient with Exp plus equipped). Kill 2 birds with a stone i'd say. Anyway fell free to ignore the exp thingy as its gil-related topic we're dealing with.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

"Its those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular..."

W-Item trick, duplicate everything you can to 99... sell everything that you have 99 of down to 2 and repeat. Easiest way.

[quote=~Reno~;2222554][quote=Tallulah]

The Chocobo sidequest isn't expencive in the slightest as with W-Item Materia you buy 2 sylkes greens and go into battle and do the item trick. I always find that armor isnt that much of a cost in FFVII as whenever I got to a town I had enough money for it not to be a problem
    it can be expensive if you do chocobo breeding as soon as you get the highwind which is way before you get the W-item materia

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by cloud21zidane16 View Post
    it can be expensive if you do chocobo breeding as soon as you get the highwind which is way before you get the W-item materia
    but why would you want to do the chocobo quest straight away, most people wouldnt do it straight away as Prowd Clod and every other boss would be far to easy with KotR, IMO chocobo breeding shouldnt be done untill disk three, you want the game to be a challenge right? there is no need to do the chocobo quest untill disk three.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Selling your used underwear in Wall Market helps.