View Poll Results: Which film do you prefer Batman Returns or Superman Returns?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman Returns

12 66.67%
  • Superman Returns

6 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Batman Returns or Superman Returns?

i hated both movies. yes, tim burton made batman dark. yes people like that. yes it's so dark to me it's as comical as the batman show from the sixties.

as for superman, i know they felt the need to get away from the old storyline, but the division of plots seems kind of strange. where did the storyline come away from the original movies? superman 2 or 3? there was some cool stuff in there, but i don't see the need to rehash all these comics now that there are good enough special effects but no good writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicon View Post
    I hate both movies. Yes, Tim Burton made batman dark. Yes people like that. Yes it's so dark to me it's as comical as the batman show from the sixties.
    At least Tim Burton didn't make Batman gay, there's no rubber nipples or neon lights in Batman & Batman Returns.

this is true, but we're not talking about THOSE fiascos, are we.

This is true, but we're not talking about THOSE fiascos, are we.
    I know I was just trying to defend Batman Returns because it was a part of my childhood, but I guess there's not a lot of good things that you can say about it...Because it's one of those films where you either like it or hate it.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 06-28-2007 at 05:32 PM.

it's part of my childhood too, a part i didn't enjoy. it's cool if people did and i can definitely see its appeal to many people, but i much prefered the animated series

It's part of my childhood too, a part i didn't enjoy. It's cool if people did and i can definitely see its appeal to many people, but i much prefered the animated series.
    You know if Tim Burton hadn't created his rendition of Batman I don't think we would've had Batman: The Animated Series...because I read an article that said TAS creator Bruce Timm was inspired by the 1989 blockbuster.

So if the first Batman film was released in the new millennium and if it was directed by Chris Nolan we probaby would've had The Batman animated series instead because Nolan probaby would've been secretive about his script.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 06-28-2007 at 11:31 PM.

ah i see. well that would suck.. i still prefer it.

also i've never seen 'the batman'

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher Gamble View Post
    Right but it doesn't seem like that would be enough to lift an island of the one element that makes him powerless.But then he can tunnel straight through the planet and not loose his powers after that time.
    Well I guess Bryan Singer didn't have any grasp over the title character...
    Um, no. Not every writer has portrayed Superman as being instantly weakened by Kryptonite. This is obviously the case in Superman Returns where it seems to take time for his body to absorb enough radiation from the Kryptonite to really weaken him. Also, it's pretty obvious that he picked up a rather thick chunk of the Earths crust beneath the Kryptonite island rather than the island itself. It's not exactly a huge stretch to believe that a thick chunk of earth won't provide some protection from the radiation. It wasn't until the island started growing down through it that lifting it became difficult for him, by which point he had already gotten it moving enough to get it away from the Earth.

Ah I see. Well that would suck... I still prefer it.

Also i've never seen 'The Batman'
    Why don't you watch an episode of The Batman on Youtube and see for yourself? But I'm warning you it's pretty bad...I mean I've seen some awful cartoons before but "The Batman" takes the cake.

By the way does anybody else miss the Tim Burton Batmobile or am I the only one?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Superman Returns was boring.

Batman Returns was fantastic.