What are the worst anime cliches?
Ive got a whole list of my personal favourite:

Opponents trash talk a billion times more than they actually fight.

Someone dies, then comes up a couple of seconds later after some flashbacks, twice as strong. He cuts the other guy down. He has some flashbacks, comes back twice as strong. One or both of them may make a speech about how their childhood was so difficult, coming to a conclusion of why they cannot lose, or something like that, subsequently unleashing an enormous attack (they have to say them out loud in order to warn their opponent and also to looks retarted) with flashes and buildings crashing down and the like.

This is something my little cousin once surprisingly asked me "Those guys were like 10 feet away from each other, how come he's still running at him? He's been running at him for like 2 episodes!" Telling him that anime pwns gravity wasnt enough for him, I think.

The creators were probably told this by the publishers: Use the same animation over and over again and have close ups of faces only, to save money. This will also insure that you dont actually see ANYTHING from the battle, because that would suck now wouldnt it. Then if they actually come to any combat at some point, make it last like 10 seconds and then go back to trash talking!

Anime is sooooooo funny isnt it? They all have comedy! It usually involves normal characters suddenly having cutsie faces, background blurred out while someone gets punched in the face for saying something perverted, leading to an extreme nose bleed and a fist, angrily being shaken back. Meanwhile some spectators are leaking big sweat drops.

So what are your personal favourite (or most irritating) anime cliches?