Thread: First Playthrough

Default First Playthrough

I am playing through for the first time, and so far I'm liking it. I'm in the ice cave place trying to get the Goddess's Bell. I have a couple of questions though.

How does one get the Blood Sword? (For reference down the line.)

What is the best version of this game?

About how far am I through the game?

Im actually playing this through for my first time as well. Im playing the version on Origins....which I dig. I know you get one bloodsword in a chest, and you still have quite a while to go.
    :mog: Have Complete: I,II,VII,VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII,Tactics :mog:

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VI & Final Fantasy Crisis Core

the first blood sword is found in the castle fynn.
    :mog: Have Complete: I,II,VII,VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII,Tactics :mog:

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VI & Final Fantasy Crisis Core

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

How does one get the Blood Sword? (For reference down the line.)
    What version are you playing? Dawn of Souls has only one Blood Sword, that you have to get at a specific point in the game, while the other versions have a second one in the basement of Castle Fynn.

For the misable one-

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefaqs, Dawn of Souls board
    Once you obtain the Ultima Tome, a strange force wreaks havoc all over the world. The Cyclone itself is right outside of Fynn. Before you go inside, NOW is the only time you can get the Blood Sword.

1. Inside Castle Fynn, make sure you go talk to Hilda before getting the Wyvern. Trust me on this. If you get the Wyvern first, you eliminate the one way to get the Blood Sword.

2. Talk to Hilda and she'll let you Learn the Key Term Cyclone. Gordon teaches you as well, but I just like Hilda better.

3. With the Key Term in your list, leave the Castle and go into Fynn (the town). Paul's house is on the southwestern corner of the map. Go inside and Ask him about the Cyclone. He'll call you crazy, but he'll let you access his personal stash.

4. In the southwestern corner by Paul's bed, go search the eastern wall. Try walking into it and you'll eventually be able to walk through the wall.

5. Inside the wall, you'll be able to find the Blood Sword inside one of the eight chests.