Thread: X-Men 4

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I would like to see a time travel movie that fixes the events of the third movie, but that will never happen.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    Do you think a fourth X-Men film could work? The only way that I could see a fourth X-Men film working is if that film acknowledges the events of X-Men & X2 but disregards the events of X-Men 3.
    If they were to make a fourth movie that wouldn't work at all in my opinion. It would just seem ridiculous to not acknowledge the third movie.
    Well the third X-Men film sucks and doesn't Superman Returns disregard the events of Superman III & IV? And the fourth X-Men film wouldn't be called X-Men 4 I was just too lazy to write "The Next X-Men Movie" as my thread title.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 06-18-2007 at 06:29 AM.

I think if they did, they'd could totally make it bad @$$ and dominate over that last spider man film!! It has so much potential, much like third one did.....

I believe it was stated around the release of the third film in the francise that, were another X-Men film released, it would be entirely seperate from the first three films, as that series of storylines is done. I can't find a source for this and I might be making it up though.

Wolverine and Magneto are getting their own films though. And a third spin-off is in the works as well. superherohype.com has some news about that somewhere on the site, it may be the Mystique film that was talked about awhile back
    Last edited by Bunny; 06-18-2007 at 12:41 PM.

When I saw this thread on the homepage I thought it would of been made by John_912. Isnt that odd?

Anyways, X-Men 4 will only work if it has a good cast and a good director. X-Men 3 sucked because Bryan Singer left the series to do Superman.

Do you think a fourth X-Men film could work? The only way that I could see a fourth X-Men film working is if that film acknowledges the events of X-Men & X2 but disregards the events of X-Men 3.
    If they were to make a fourth movie that wouldn't work at all in my opinion. It would just seem ridiculous to not acknowledge the third movie.
    Well the third X-Men film sucks and doesn't Superman Returns disregard the events of Superman III & IV? And the fourth X-Men film wouldn't be called X-Men 4 I was just too lazy to write "The Next X-Men Movie" as my thread title.
    Oh, okay. Now I see where you are coming from - because, well... let's just be honest... the third X-Men movie didn't really deliver.

I'm not sure about the Superman films, though, but with Superman Returns I guess they started a new Superman movie franchise.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, okay. Now I see where you are coming from - because, well... let's just be honest... the third X-Men movie didn't really deliver.

I'm not sure about the Superman films, though, but with Superman Returns I guess they started a new Superman movie franchise.
    Superman Returns did ignore Superman III and IV, and only kept select bits of Superman II (I read somewhere that in that movies continuity, Zod and friends were never released, but I never saw anything official saying what they kept from Superman II. I'd really rather think that they just ignored most of it too).

I don't think that'd really work for the X-Men franchise though. Unlike Superman III and IV, a lot of people actually saw X3. Not to mention the amount of time there was between the last two Superman movies gave Singer some wiggle room to do almost anything he wanted with the franchise. As much as I'd like them to ignore X3, it'd be a hard pill for the studio to swallow. It'd basically be acknowledging that it was crap and they're trying for a do-over.