Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hot Fuzz

14 48.28%
  • Shaun of the Dead

15 51.72%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead

thre both great but i will always say hot fuzz! its my fabe film! ots great! i bought it the other day when it came out on dvd

Nicholas: [having a crackdown on underage drinkers in the pub] Oy! When's your birthday?
    Underage Drinker #1: 22nd of february.
    Nicholas : What year?
    Underage Drinker #1: Every year!
    Nicholas : Get out!

Andy Wainwright: You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
    Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
    Nicholas: Like who?
    Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
    Nicholas: Who else?
    Andy Cartwright: Farmers' mums.

I love the references Hot Fuzz makes to Shaun of the Dead

''Yes, i know what the word exasperate means''. (That might be on the deleted scenes actually, i forget :P)

''What's the matter, never taken a shortcut before?''

-- (Have to add this in, although it's not in Hot Fuzz)
    ''But I love her!''
    ''Alright, gay''
    Favourite Shaun quote.

Shaun of the Dead rocks!!!

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

I love both.. But I'll say Hot Fuzz. It made me laugh more.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Shaun more, but then I'm a zombie fanboy.

shaun of the dead is better
    FF Sig

Dang it... Shaun of the Dead was on earlier and right afterwards I went to Wal*Mart... it soooo made me want to buy Dead Rising.
    I'm guessing that this is how the idea for Dead Rising was conceived:

*Developer 1 turns off TV after watching Shaun of the Dead at the brainstorming session*
    Developer 1: Okay, so there's the plot for the game. The entire city is turned into zombies and you need to survive until the military saves you.
    Developer 2: Isn't that kind of blatant? People will know it's a rip-off right away. Besides, a bar doesn't allow a lot of room to fight of an entire city of zombies.
    Developer 3: That's right. And from what I could see there was no reason for the city to turn into zombies anyways, they just kind of did...
    Developer 2: GAH! A freaking bee, I'm allergic!
    Developer 3: *Smacks bee* Hmmm... Bees plus a government experiment could cover that up, but in a city full of zombies I don't think they'd be too worried.
    Developer 1: Well, back on the subject of the bar, maybe we could make it a Wal*Mart. That'll give more space to move around and a wider variety of weapons.
    Developer 4: Wal*Mart? You know, if you're going to make it a store just make it a mall. A huge mall, about the size of one of the Zelda overworld maps. Plenty of space, and they'll never get tired of playing the game with that many stores.
    Developer 2: And the military backing up the main character... isn't that kind of cliche` to have the military save the day in a freak disaster?
    Developer 1: Right. We'll make him a reporter and give him a news chopper. Oh, and we'll have to get rid of the British accents. That alone could give us away.
    Developer 4: Meh, why not toss in a level system? If he's a reporter he can gain experience from pictures and saving survivors.
    Developer 1: Okay, then. I think that's all we need to cover at the moment, let's all get to work on concept art and get the project moving!