Thread: Hints and Tips Galore Fest Gathering Thing...just LOOK would ya?

thereisafroginmystomach Evolavas's Avatar

Default Hints and Tips Galore Fest Gathering Thing...just LOOK would ya?

As the title suggests I am here to gather hints and tips, I am farely new to FFX, but in no way new to the series. I just didn't have access to the PS2 for awhile, and I've had the game for about a year now. But was involved in other projects and didn't get around to it until now of course.
    Enough of that Intro crap right? All lampshades aside; I am here to gather hints and tips from fellow gamers who are apart of the forums here at eyesonff.com.........

What I do NOT want:
    - Hints and tips about general gameplay that most RPG players would know I would hope. ( ex...save often, etc., etc.)

What I DO want:
    - Hints and tips specific to this game ( places to take advantage of, things that I might miss, things that I should miss, and other little goodies ).

Don't ask me why I have to make something so simple, so long and obnoxious.

~RIP owen~

welcome to your new addiction! this game will undoubtedly consume ytour life, and make you unbelievably happy about it the majority of things i would tip you about are really for the end of the game but i have a couple.

- use the basic sphere grid. in the end it's easier to make your characters at the highest standard as there are more nodes on the basic one than the advanced

- i know it's a pain in the neck but when you reach a town with a shop make sure you have purchased all the best equipment. even if this means going training for money and coming back.

- when you reach luca (not too far into the game) you will unlock a minigame called blitzball. MAKE SURE YOU PLAY THIS!!! you can get some really good stuff. lemme know when you reach this point and i'll go into detail about it

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Well you didn't really get them "galore" did you. I think a lot of people think you should go to Video Game Cheats - Video Game Reviews - Video Game Codes - Video Game Web Site - GameFAQs which is why they haven't bothered.

Still just 4u I will add my hapennyworth. Always try to overkill the bosses (use your aeons or overdrives), try to use every character in each battle (that way they all get experience). talk to everybody, they may give you something.

Best place to gain ap (level up) early on is Kilika Island. Just hang around a save spot, and fight, that way you can easily recover health etc. You can do this in most areas.

Good luck, have fun!

Ps Something you might miss early on is the Moon Sigil on Besaid beach. Swim round to find a chest. Its quite handy later on. If you missed it, you can go back for it eventually.

Last edited by cally777; 06-18-2007 at 09:43 AM.

that's moon crest have u purchased the guide evolavas? you can't truly play this game without searching every nook and cranny.

Why do you imprison your saviour?

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x View Post
    - i know it's a pain in the neck but when you reach a town with a shop make sure you have purchased all the best equipment. even if this means going training for money and coming back.
    I wouldn't recommend this. Unlike the other games in the series, your weapon has no effect on your strength.

Quote Originally Posted by cally777 View Post
    Always try to overkill the bosses (use your aeons or overdrives), try to use every character in each battle (that way they all get experience). talk to everybody, they may give you something.
    You're a summoner, so people are all too happy to load you with free goodies. Overkilling and using all characters in a battle cuts down on your need for grinding significantly.

And some of my own advice (Note: this will have minor spoilers)

* MAKE SURE YOU OBTAIN THE TREASURE IN THE BESAID TEMPLE. It is a very useful weapon for Yuna at this early stage of the game, a magic boost and the Sensor ability. If you're outside the US, this will save you having to go through Dark Valefor to obtain a special aeon.
    * When you're leaving Besaid for good, go back first and search for a dog that should be hanging around in the shop. Talk to him, and you will obtain a second Overdrive for Valefor, which is more powerful.
    * YOU MUST WIN THE JECHT SHOT CHALLENGE! This will happen when you're heading to Luca. It makes winning the first blitzball match about 100 times easier.
    This is a signature.

Blog Entries

This may depend on you're playing style but i recomend that you dont buy anything, you usually find new weapons better than what you can buy anyway. And donate to owaka when he asks, i dont know how much but i think it helps later on
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

thereisafroginmystomach Evolavas's Avatar

Ty all so far for your H&T's.

And, yes I'm about to purchase the official guide, but as always there are some things the guide doesn't really explore fully (besides: item hunting, basic conquest, and such ).

Some things only avid players would know, ya know?

~RIP owen~

I find the guide very very good. Are you getting the Piggyback one?

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Pay attention to a dog an her owner in Besaid Village, right in the beginning. The dog will dig a killer overdrive for Valefor.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Buy a Strategy Guide.

ggnorm kthxbai

Don't forget to take the first destruction sphere in Besaid in the beginning.
    Many people (including me) tend to forget it in their first playthrough.

find all the al bhed primers, you will reap a great reward later and can sell them for like 500K gil

I suggest NOT getting Yojimbo til after you get the airship. He really wont help you more then Bahamut, Ifrit or Valefor.

Get the Jupiter Crest from Luca RIGHT AFTER the blitz game. You can go back into luca from the highroad (mi'ihen). Get the ball also by playing a few games of blitz at the beginning of the highroad (mi'ihen)

After getting the cloudy mirror, power it up right away, and get Yunas celestial weapon. power hers & wakkas up with the crests (yunas if from monster hunting), to allow Ifrit and Valefor to break damage limit. This is a huge diff from 9999 damage to upwars of 20K (depending on how you level)

I suggest levelling Rikku, Wakka, and Tidus to near end of their sphere grids on the airship BEFORE you fight Evrae. Have Rikku steal fire gems from the bombs, and customize as many armors with fireproof. This will come in handy in the calm lands and everywhere else for that matter

Teach Khimahri steal, so he can steal upwards of 10+ level 3 key spheres (very rare at this point)

That should tide ya over for now

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Train Kimarhi as a thief and then a White Mage. By that I mean start him in Rikku's grid to get steal and item and then backtrack to Yuna's to learn upper level white magic.

(This will prove useful in three specific battles and many more times overall)