Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've always liked the warrior class n.n

The people on my server are so nice

I was really weak and someone cured me and casted protect and shell, too! It's a shame because right after that three orcs ganged up on my and I died

I died earlier today, and my friend and I were way far out and didn't want to go back to the home point, so my friend called for help for like EVER and after someone finally came another orc ambushed me and I died x.x

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Warrior is a fine beginner class. It's also a great class for advanced players. Warrior is very versitle.

The only class I wouldn't start with is Thief. They have some tricky moves and you need to be able to use them well to be of some use. Also they are usually the pullers, and beginning players should not be the pullers if it can be helped.

What level are you? Be sure to do the Missions for your home nation to increase your rank. Players will be more likely to invite you if you have a higher rank.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    NO Don't be a warrior you'll get bored less

Red Mage is the most exciting job available from the start trust me
    Except you know...Warrior is subbable by almost every single melee (even RDM sometimes) in the game.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Got warrior to 70, not boring.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I've always wanted to get this game. I never did for some reason. I might go and buy it soon actually. I'd probably be a white mage to start with. That would be awesome. Not really sure of the point of this post.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lionx View Post

Except you know...Warrior is subbable by almost every single melee (even RDM sometimes) in the game.
    It's still boring, when you first start playing that's not really a concern of yours. You're looking for enjoyment, when I first started the game I was a warrior, I got so bored I ended up quitting.
    I came back to it though, and gave it another chance...

Hmm, there's just nothing interesting about warrior. But it doesn't matter really, just validating the point I was oriignally expressing.
    jkhkjg

I dont see how tanking is bad..WAR gives you hate knowledge and pulling knowledge as well, its pretty much the RDM of melee(except people dont do it that way). I had a good time with WAR, i thought it was more fun than say BRD or something. But thats purely subjective, i wont lvl BRD anymore, but theres plenty of 75 BRDs.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Warrior is a very chaotic class! surely among the top tiers~

and versatile aswell ^-^~

but a little later once they begin learning abilities and the like~

And zomgosh! Great Axe Weapon skills are pretty ^-^~ Shiny~

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just please make sure you always use axe or great axe on Warrior. Sword WARs are a red siren of newbishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Just please make sure you always use axe or great axe on Warrior. Sword WARs are a red siren of newbishness.
    Just another note. At higher levels it is definitely feasible to level a lot of different weapons, including swords. There are heaps of WSNM's a warrior can do, as he is the master of most weapons.

No.78, that's fine for you if you got bored from Warrior. But please understand there are so many people playing, who find enjoyment in other things. Saying to a newcommer that warrior is boring, is not very productive, as there are plenty (such as myself), who find it interesting in higher levels and very good for starting players.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

With my experience of lvling a WAR to lvl 30.. Around lvl 20 when you're in Qufim they tend to blame you if a taru PLD(who wants hate to stay on him because he's the actual tank) out tanks you even though he's tank and I was support tank. I was cussed out and kicked out and insulted by the guy they invited in to replace me.

In other words. There are a bunch of idiots on this game as well as good people. The idiots get weeded out between lvls 30-40. Because once I got WAR to lvl 30 I had no troubles... But then I got bored with WAR and went BRD. lvl 46 BRD now, and loving it.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Bard is like <33

As for the people~ From personal experiences I have come to the conclusion that the noobyness ends at the Kazaam locations... half stops at Quifum (I really don't remember each of the spellings... maybe BRD should take a break...) ^_^~

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I like swords

That's why I picked warrior o_o

...aaaaanywayy, I like warrior, but the other classes are cool, too. Just depends on what you like, really.

Warriors unfortunetly arent the most proficient with Swords (PLDs are), and unfortunetly most Sword WSs arent that awesome. The skill points translate 1ATK and 1 Accuracy per point(thats alot considering how much people pay for that) and since WAR has a lower skill cap than PLD or BLU, its better in general to level a job's best weapon over their less proficient ones.

Great Axe however gives you Shield Break for -40 Evasion(and +40 Accuracy for every melee there), as well as Sturmwind which does alot of damage. Axe is pretty decent too, but not as good as GAxe until Rampage imo, yet still beats Sword in Weapon Skills.

I dont blame newbs though, its true that if you do use a Sword you seem like a nub, however i dont blame them since you start out with one (liek wtf? lolz). But in general if you are serious about WAR, GAxe and Axe comes first, and everything else can be considered second.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If you want to use a sword in the beginning use Red Mage, though people usually don't like RDM to melee. THF is also good with sword in the beginning, but make sure you skill up dagger for later levels.

The skill level differences in the beginning don't matter that much, but once you get past 30 and you are a sword WAR people will laugh at you, and you won't be doing much damage, and your parties will suffer. At that point if you switch to an axe you will not have it skilled up and you will be doing even less damage.

You can play how you want, but people won't invite you if you can't contribute up to your potential in the party. If I invite a Rank 4 or below WAR I always ask if they use an axe of some sort. If not it's bye bye. I'm not going to expect everyone to have the elite million dollar gear, but comparable gear for their level as well as one of their top weapons skilled up is not too much to ask.