Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars

The originals are better because there is alot more focus in it than their is in the new trilogy.

I think a big problem with the new trilogy is is that throughout the majority of the three movies there was no real defined bad guy who you knew you had to fight to save the day.

Count Dooku couldn't really be counted as a true villian and Darth Sidious was pretty much hiding in the shadows during the first two movies. It wasn't until Darth Sidious started getting considerable screen time in Ep. III that the focus of the trilogy really started shaping up and everything around it started getting better.

Now take the original trilogy. In the original trilogy you knew who you had to fight and defeat in order to save the day from the very beginning. And all three movies had a real focus because of that.

I think many of the problems of Ep. I and II stem from a lack of focus in the storyline.

I heard that much of the backstory that Lucas had in his head all these years was put into Ep. III. While many of the events in Ep. I and II he made up when he started making the new trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    The older ones are better, and not just because they're older. The storylines are better and there is better acting. And you don't know the endings.
    I'm not sure if I would say acting, but the writing for sure. Some of the dialogue was so lacking in the new series that I can see why some of the acting was cheesy and lacking (or in abundances) of emotion. Some of the actors are great actors (Ewon Mcgreggor, Natalie Portman, Samuel L. Jackson) they just really didn't have as much to work with.

I mean, how can you beat Han Solo's oneliners?

My favorite is V, followed closely by VI. My least favorite is II, followed closely by I.

Well sense i wasnt born back in 19-tweleve imma have to say the newer ones, cause thats my style and my time frame...

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

The best episode is The Empire Strikes Back. This is not up for discussion. Nor is the fact that Attack of the Clones is the worst one.
    That's what I was going to say.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Empire Strikes Back is by far the best of the series - as has already been stated.

The newer episodes revealed what everyone was asking, but it did so in a very embarrassing fashion... It seems that the movies steadily became more and more a practice of technological masturbation rather than any real efforts in effectively communicating a moving, intriguing story.

Which is a real shame, to be honest, since Anakin's story is so very rich with wonder and conflict - externally and internally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, and politically.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Star Wars IV: A New Hope is the Best.
    Attack of the Clones was the worst by far.

The original trilogy was alot better. They were more like adventures where as the newer trilogy was basically a history lesson with a whole bunch of talking. That said, I did enjoy the newer trilogy, but just prefered the older one.

Best: VI: Return of the Jedi
    Worst: II: Attack of the Clones

Blog Entries

Empire is my favorite with the phantom menace being my least favorite.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    The older ones are better, and not just because they're older. The storylines are better and there is better acting. And you don't know the endings.

The best episode is The Empire Strikes Back. This is not up for discussion. Nor is the fact that Attack of the Clones is the worst one.
    Agreed. Empire Strikes Back is not only the best in the series, it's an absolutely amazing movie in its own right. Seriously one of the best ever.

My friends and I had a Star Wars marathon just a couple days ago. We watched all six movies in a row.
    I pretty much agree with all of that. The Empire Strikes Back is probably the only Star Wars title I'll watch anymore, because I don't care for the others anymore. Episode I: The Phantom Menace was by far the worst in my eyes.