Thread: Blitzing with the Abes

Angry Blitzing with the Abes

Has anyone figured out how to unlock the Zanarkand Abes? I've went through a new game plus and played almost 250 blitz games, and still no Abes. Starting to get a little !!
    NO SIGNATURE NEEDED!!

Have you read any walkthroughs? They often have info 'bout these unlockables. I don't like playing FFX-2 blitz 'cause it s**ks that you can't control those players. ^^'
    You tried playing the game 100% through? I think that is the key 'cause Tidus ''comes back''.
    ~I am the Aeon of will and strength, I protect my beloved and that's all I wish to be needed to do~

Blitzball seriously sucked in X-2!!!

Yes, it sucked, but I forced myself to at least try it, and when I finally got the hang of it I started to like it....... a little. I'm striving to get the Abes, so I have some motivation to play it. The tricky and challenging part about it is actually leveling up the players, until you get all the other practice commands anyway.

I looked all through the book and couldnt find anything about the Abes except for their players and stats. The reason I want them so bad is that they have a player named "Star Player." I'm just guessing its Tidus.
    NO SIGNATURE NEEDED!!

I like blitzball in X-2... meanies...

Anyway, according to my strategy guide, you need to have gotten the good ending (where Tidus comes back) and then do a new game plus. You will have a 10% chance of winning the right to play as them. Yes, Star Player is Tidus, he's just not called Tidus because you could name him anything in X.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    Blitzball seriously sucked in X-2!!!
    Blitzball Manager is an acquired taste... :]

Finally! I got the perfect ending where Tidus comes back after my 2nd playthrough. Then I played through again to ch. 5 to the season of blitz. There it was, a tournament prize. "Play the Zanarkand Abes". Too bad I had reset player stats. Now I had to level everyone and everything up enough to even beat the Al Bheds. After about 100 games or so I had a team, a team that could possibly beat the Abes. So I played them, and got beat. Then I played them again, and got beat. Then I played them again being all rested and everyone with 99 morale, and I beat them. Then I waited for the Trade Privilages. I got the Trade Privilages, and traded with the Abes. So, I now have the Abes Ace on my team. Soo sweet that Tidus and Yuna get to blitz together.
    NO SIGNATURE NEEDED!!

I probably wouldn't have minded X-2 blitzball if it hadn't been such a step down from the original. The game might be fun, but I can't help but compare it to the original, and the first blitzball was just so much better. I really don't know what the designers were thinking.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    I probably wouldn't have minded X-2 blitzball if it hadn't been such a step down from the original. The game might be fun, but I can't help but compare it to the original, and the first blitzball was just so much better. I really don't know what the designers were thinking.

yeah, I completely liked blitz in X better than X-2. Like someone said in another thread though, blitz manager is an acquired taste. I got used to it and started to like it and got addicted to the point where I played through the game twice to get the perfect ending and then again so I could get to play the Zanarkand Abes.
    NO SIGNATURE NEEDED!!

you need 100% and then start new game plus and there are a playable team if you can beat them you can recruit tidus hes called star player though
    I can resist anything but temptation