Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Boss

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Default Final Boss

After I defeated Lavos' shell and went inside of him to fight the final boss which sort reminded me of FFX. I got my ass kicked in less than a second. he did that one laser attack and my party fell just like that, if I can't even get one hit in how am I supposed to beat him!?

Yellow Winged Angel

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

If he beats you that fast, you're probably underlevelled.
    This is a signature.

Blog Entries

What level are you?
    Then, we might be able to help you.

Banned

Your characters should be about lvl 50 before you decide to fight Lavos.
    If they aren't do side quests such as Cyrus' Ghost, Ozzie's Fort, The Sun Stone, The Rainbow Shell, The Sunken Desert, Black Omen, etc. (I'd recommend you do Black Omen last).

And just to let you know, the Lavos form that beat you isn't even the final fight.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Crono on lvl 45
    Frog,Magus,Robo,Ayla lvl43
    Marle,Lucca lvl42

I've already done the Sunstone and Ozzie's fort, I have no idea what the others are but I don't really get Cyrus's ghost I fought that thing, but I died I think or something I know I got stuck, can I even leave from where I am?

Yellow Winged Angel

I always got my characters as high as I can get them. lvl 50-55 is the good for the fight with Lavo, so do all the sidequest you can, and get the best weapons too.
    "If your taking five steps forwards, and then ten steps back, then you might as well walk backwards." - Random gamer

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

Do all the sidequests.

Sephiro this here.

Blog Entries

Default 6000

Dont be afraid to use mega elixers, you wont need them after you kill him... hopefully youve been stingy with all your elixer items until this part of them game

edit: oops forgot about new game plus.. never mind
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 07-16-2007 at 02:46 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

I think I used 'slurp kiss' rather than elixirs, I probably used elixirs too, for MP and stuff.

Sephiro this here.

I beat him at level 45 or so. His cycle of attacks is very predictable, so just heal up to full right before and right after Shadow Doom Blaze and you should be fine. However, speed is of the essence, because he pumps himself up after each cycle.

My final party is usually Crono, Magus, and frog all about lvl 60. I use luminaire, dark matter, and heal with frog. Frog's main course of action should be healing but when its unneeded, leap slash works good. Make sure you have all 3 characters best equipment by doing the sidequests. Chrono with the rainbow and the prismspecs is a must for max damage. If there comes a point where using magic heals Lavos, Magus should use regular attacks, Crono should use confuse, and Frop... Leap slash. Having a few lapis' is always a good idea as well.

Tip/spoiler?: You can take the Epoch to 1999AD and break through Lavos' shell and get right to harder fights.

Quote Originally Posted by andr0id View Post
    Tip/spoiler?: You can take the Epoch to 1999AD and break through Lavos' shell and get right to harder fights.
    But that also changes the ending, taking out the opportunity to get the perfect ending.

Being even just 5 levels higher makes it that much easier, though it can be done at lower levels (the lowest I've beaten the game was with my highest level at level 40.) Just learn the cycle of his attacks since it is always the same, and it's easy from there.
    That's the way it goes, when you're down here with the rest of us.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sephirothishere View Post
    Do all the sidequests.
    probably best advice, i did them all except one and with the experience and equipment you get the fight isn't all that challenging.

Nanerpuss n-n-nanerpuss Reeno the Alchemist's Avatar

Hmmm it's been like 2 years since i played trigger =-= my advice to you is to be over leveled im always 7 levels ahead of the boss before i fight it =/ (but i never wanna fight the final boss in ct again because it drove me nuts =-=)
    Who needs a signature I DON'T >(

I have Dissidia, be jealous!