Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314151617182232 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft: Characters & Discussion

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    I was going through old screenshots and found this one shot of Eric's orc pooping

Another reason why orx are disgusting, foul monsters >:o

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Taureens scratch their butt all the time. I'm not shaking that hand. ewwwww
    Last edited by Renmiri; 03-13-2009 at 06:50 AM.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Name: Rogard
    Class:Priest
    Race: Dwarf
    Server:Thunderlord
    Level:55
    Spec:Holy
    Guild: The Up and Coming

Hehe i have been stuck at 55 for a bit^^ Its hard for a loley clothie who specializes in healing

Why would anyone try to level as holy/resto?

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I leveled Lelei 70-80 as holy.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    My druid is level 69 and has been resto the entire way. Other than about five levels where I was boomkin. It sucked. I spec'd back to resto.

Instances, instances, instances, instances, instances, instances, one quest, instances, instances, instances, instances...

It's how I roll... resto is quite viable then

I just don't understand the point but I do understand why people do it. Questing just offers a hell of a lot more experience than repeatedly doing instances. A dungeon here and there is fine, because leveling by itself is kinda boring and repetitive. But I can't imagine going the whole 80 levels as resto. My druid was feral 1-70, resto immediately after dinging and then boomkin 70-80. Resto was really fun at 70 imo. I've solo-healed the last boss in H-Gundrak a moonkin though, which was fun I guess. Just MORE BUTTONS.

I've been leveling my dorf hunter a lot. He's fat and pudgy and cute in a weird way. He has a devilsaur named Kitty and a gorilla named Thelonious.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Yeah, Thrank went from 60-70 as resto. Admittedly though it was a horrible experience.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

leveling in instances is faster, no ? At least I heard power levelers do it this way.

Pfft what's with people and thinking leveling as Holy is hard or bad? I leveled a Holy Priest from about 20 to 80. Long hours of grinding, solo questing, all extremely easy with hardly no down time.

I'd MUCH rather level a Priest as Holy, Shadow is overrated and not a helleva lot better for DPS than a Holy/Disc mix.

Same with Resto Druids, they pwn for grinding, and Resto Shaman? pfft they're basically immortal.

The only healer I wouldn't want to solo play as is a Holy Paladin, but I wouldn't go Ret either..for a Paladin the best spec is Prot, hands down.

FFXIV Character

Instance leveling's slightly faster if you have the WG buff and the heirloom shoulders, otherwise I'd just encourage you to suck it up and quest. I still have seven zones to finish on my warrior and he's just about 80. That's gonna be a nice chunk of quest gold. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Realm25 View Post
    Pfft what's with people and thinking leveling as Holy is hard or bad? I leveled a Holy Priest from about 20 to 80. Long hours of grinding, solo questing, all extremely easy with hardly no down time.

I'd MUCH rather level a Priest as Holy, Shadow is overrated and not a helleva lot better for DPS than a Holy/Disc mix.

I totally agree^^ i have much fun lvling this way, shadow was overrated and no one wanted to group with a shadow.

Never said hard or bad. I've leveled three classes (druid, mage, hunter) and they all have hardly any downtime whatsoever nowadays. It's just been my experience that leveling as holy isn't as easy as leveling as a dps-based class. My boomkin dominated everything up until Storm Peaks (latter half of 79) in a few wraths and was rarely ever touched so healing never factored in. The extra damage and crit-based talents were nice additions rather than most healing-related ones. Just me, whatever works for you.

Instance leveling's slightly faster if you have the WG buff and the heirloom shoulders, otherwise I'd just encourage you to suck it up and quest. I still have seven zones to finish on my warrior and he's just about 80. That's gonna be a nice chunk of quest gold. :3
    I can see this as being true if you add "a good group" to the requirements. Most Northrend instances are pretty easy and, in my experience, around 30-45 minutes if you have a group that knows what they are doing. I still prefer questing with another person I seem to get a lot more experience that way in around the same amount of time. In Outlands, for instance, a friend and I spent a couple hours in both HP and Zangar and gained 2 and a half levels from each.

Also gold is easier as hell to make. Don't really need quest gained gold.

FFXIV Character

Gold's not easy to make with Engineering as the primary profession on your main. 8-) At least Enchanting's slowly bringing in the bacon!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Mining makes a lot of money