Thread: Making an impression

Ciddieless since 2004

Default Making an impression

The first time I saw the Disney film of Alice in Wonderland, it freaked me out. My God, it disturbed me.

It was such a twisted film. First there was Alice nearly drowning in a sea of her own tears, and she gets swallowed by the talking Doorknob. Tweedledum and Tweedledee, bouncing around in the dark forest. The Caterpillar on the mushroom with his pipe and multicoloured smoke. Not forgetting the scraggy March Hare, the furious Queen of Hearts and her dancing guard cards. And, of course, the Cheshire Cat. It wasn't just the mad rhyme that he kept repeating, it was the way he unravelled as he disappeared, and those bright wide eyes, and that grin...

It was just too much for my three-year-old mind to handle.

Topic: What film/book/song made a lasting impression on you, and why?
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

That guy must have been on 'shrooms when he wrote that freaking book. Imagination can't go that far on it's own...

Ciddieless since 2004

The book was boring.
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

Quote Originally Posted by *~Dagger Trepe~* View Post
    That guy must have been on 'shrooms when he wrote that freaking book. Imagination can't go that far on it's own...
    Thats actually what my mom told me....
    and for some reaosn the Saw trilogy makes an impression on me...not to stay mad at people, not to be so overly dramatic, and life is just one strand away from death. so live it up! I Love Him!

There was this Winnie the Pooh dream sequence thing with these elephants...and... No, I can't go on.

oh yeah.....that one elaphant with the big ears, theres one scence where him and a mouse get drunk, that disturbed me...untill i tried it

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Mary Poppins was quite twisted aswell.

Many of the earlier Disney children's films were all in some way quite twisted.

The LSD was invented...

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... I'm still getting jitters from it.

i liked labyrinth to the point of obsession. also, LOTR i read when i was 12

the author of alice in wonderland was on opium when he wrote that. Also the Dr. Seuss books were written while the author was on drugs as well. Opium too if i remember right.

Braveheart. Great movie and it was the first violent rated R movie I saw and I still like it to this day.

Oh Jesus I love Alice in Wonderland. One of my favouritest Disney movies ever. The imagery and the way the scenes flip and ohmygosh. And that bit where the cards all sing, "Painting the roses red, painting the roses red~" Crazy awesome.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Little Mermaid. Stuff about Ursula gives me the heebies today, just remembering how creepy she was when I was a kid.

I'm trying to remember other movies that made that kind of creepy impression on me when I was younger. Hmm. I may have to continue later.