Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Worst band names ever

theres a new band called fenix down
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyToast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I suggest to anyone who is interested to take a look at any number of extended black/dark/speed metal. Most of those are horrid.

Oh!

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

What the hell were you thinking, idiots. "Hey, let's be dumb."
    No. Not even close.
    Yes. So very close. It is a stupid band name.

Another one:

Rainbow Butt Monkeys. They changed their name to Finger Eleven though.

I would think one listen to any of their songs would be enough to determine why they chose that name. It fits perfectly.

Unlike, say Neutral Milk Hotel, which I'd assume you listen to based on your profile information.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Dying Fetus is a pretty terrible band name.

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyToast View Post
    I would think one listen to any of their songs would be enough to determine why they chose that name. It fits perfectly.

Unlike, say Neutral Milk Hotel, which I'd assume you listen to based on your profile information.
    Their music explains that they took their name from a docmentary about a Japanese Biker Gang? Interesting.

lol ur clever.

I'm sure the name wasn't taken to imply they were Japanese bikers. To me it implies a dark, satirical humour about politics, which fits because they are very outspoken anarchists with very critical world views. Their music perfectly reflects this also, as it is very solemn and emotional. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Why you would choose the beloved Godspeed amongst a sea of ridiculously titled, unsensical bands (Neutral Milk Hotel, Limp Bizkit, Panic At The Disco, Butthole Surfers, Hoobastank, etc.) that have nothing to do with their music makes little sense to me.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Any band that finds it a good Idea to name them selves after a contry or continant gets my vote, I'm talking "Europe", "America", "Brtish", "Asia", and probably many more. It's even worst when you're not even from that place (e.g. "America" are from England and "British" is full of Americans!)