Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "is she really going out with him?"

Default "is she really going out with him?"

do you think that yuffie really does "fancy" vincent? like some people suggest....i think she does. obviously she does. why else did she appear out of the blue? what a strange couple if they got together. they should do. what do you think?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

She seems to enjoy antagonising him a little, but it seems mutual too... I guess she is a little flirty, but I don't know about her being seriously attracted to him. However, at the end of the game, when (SPOILER)Vincent's burdens have lifted and he's beginning to move on, it's possible that he'd eventually lighten up enough to open his heart again. Maybe something truly could happen with him and Yuffie. However, Shelke is the same age as Yuffie, and has been through experiences as harrowing as what Vincent endured, if not worse. Now that she's out of Deepground, away from its daily Mako infusions, it's possible she'll catch up to her true age. She definitely seems drawn to Vincent, too...
    So I'm going to predict that FFVII-2 is going to feature one hell of a bizarre love-triangle and/or catfight

What FF7-2. Is this true. Or is Big D just hoping there is going to be a
    7-2.

I googled it and there was an article about VII-2 but it was dated all the way back in 2002 (maybe Dirge of Cerberus is what they were talking about).

i thought this thread was gonna be about lucrecia and hojo at first... but that should end with a "?!" instead of just a "?"

i always thought they made a good couple. Ever since i saw DoC, i just kept thinking maybe they got together? as for shelke...she's like a kid. Wayy to young for Vincent. It could happen but i would still prefer yuffie and vincent.

I was always a fan of the Vincent/Yuffie pairing, even before DoC. I guess I was seeing things that weren't there...

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    i thought this thread was gonna be about lucrecia and hojo at first... but that should end with a "?!" instead of just a "?"

i always thought they made a good couple. Ever since i saw DoC, i just kept thinking maybe they got together? as for shelke...she's like a kid. Wayy to young for Vincent. It could happen but i would still prefer yuffie and vincent.
    i was gonna say, shelke is like a child. only physically though...but that could cause problems in a certain department......ill stop there.
    i dont like lucrecia you see as events that were shown in dirge put me off her, so yuffie when you look at everyone else, is definitely the girl for vincent. i wanna see a wedding with vincent getting married to her in his beast form.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by darkchrono View Post
    What FF7-2. Is this true. Or is Big D just hoping there is going to be a
    7-2.
    That's just me being pre-emptive and presumptuous.
    This is only speculative, of course, but it's possible that Shelke will age at an accelerated rate until her physical age is the same as her actual age. After all, it's only the Deepground experiments, procedures and technology that were keeping her ageless; now that she's away from them, her biological makeup should return to normal, in time. (Vincent stayed the same age after leaving his coffin, but then Vincent never required ongoing daily treatment to retain his superhuman powers, whereas Shelke did).

I reckon it's fairly inevitable that there's going to be another FFVII title set after DoC, so it'll probably take place a year or two later. Yuffie and Shelke will both be around 20, and, if I'm right, Shelke will be that age biologically too. Hence my theory that we might one day see those two vying for Vincent's affections... Yuffie, completely manic but with a secret serious side, and Shelke, completely serious but with a secret sensitive side.
    It'd be a tough call, determining who he'd go for: he first met each of them in a fight, so 'first impressions' aren't that great; he's known Yuffie for a lot longer, which counts in her favour, but Shelke's experiences in Deepground (torturous experiments, her knowledge of Lucrecia, etc) give her common ground with Vincent that Yuffie could never have.
    This could lead to some fine angsty drama, if it's played right.
    But Yuffie and Vincent have always been the fan-favourite pairing, so it seems probable.

Let's see here. In the original game Yuffie was 16. In Advent Children Yuffie was 18. In Cerberus Yuffie was 19. And if their is indeed going to be another game Yuffie will more than likely be in her early twenties (probably 21 or older). I betcha she will be hanging out in all kinds of bars, drinking all kinds of beer, and dating all kinds of guys. She seems like a future party girl type to me. Vincent should date Shelke. She seems like she will be a little more settled down as a young adult than Yuffie will be.

Anyways I hope if they do continue to make more games they begin aging the characters so they look the age they are now supposed to be (and no longer look the age that they were in the original game). Yuffie was supposed to be 19 but still looked like the 16 year old we knew from the original game (not a big deal now as it is common for 16 year olds and 19 year olds to look physically similar to eachother). But in future games where Yuffie is supposed to be 25 or older I wouldn't want her to still look and act like a 16 year old.

^meaning no more skimpy clothes

i just saw the english version of the ending. Notice how shelke said,(SPOILER)"I don't know why they chose me to come and get you....not that i mind." and yuffie was asking tifa about whether cloud left a word which i took in as whether he found Vincent or not. it's almost like a Cloud-aeris-tifa thing again.

i dont really see why you folks think he's interested in shelke,....i think there just good friends....he cant choose her anyway she's a bit to miserable. he should go for happy yuffie!

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    ^meaning no more skimpy clothes

i just saw the english version of the ending. Notice how shelke said,(SPOILER)"I don't know why they chose me to come and get you....not that i mind." and yuffie was asking tifa about whether cloud left a word which i took in as whether he found Vincent or not. it's almost like a Cloud-aeris-tifa thing again.

I meant mainly changing their facial details a bit. People's faces tend to change a wee bit as time goes by

Banned

Vincent is adorably cute and sexy, enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20 View Post
    Vincent is adorably cute and sexy, enough said.
    Oh I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchrono View Post
    Anyways I hope if they do continue to make more games they begin aging the characters so they look the age they are now supposed to be (and no longer look the age that they were in the original game). Yuffie was supposed to be 19 but still looked like the 16 year old we knew from the original game (not a big deal now as it is common for 16 year olds and 19 year olds to look physically similar to eachother). But in future games where Yuffie is supposed to be 25 or older I wouldn't want her to still look and act like a 16 year old.
    you dont want them making her boring though! we still wanna see that yuffie spark.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Revolutionary View Post
    you dont want them making her boring though! we still wanna see that yuffie spark.
    I reckon she'd retain her lively side, but she's also got a serious streak too. She's aware of her importance to Wutai, since she'll possibly be the symbolic leader when her father steps down or dies; plus she's fairly serious about her role in the 'Jenova war' and the WRO. She must've been quite a serious student too, since she was a resourceful and skilled ninja while still in her youth. Even though she didn't pay enough attention in rope class...
    So I'd say she certainly won't be boring later on; she'll just be a little more settled, with more responsibilities.