Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chris Benoit and family found dead at home

Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I'm smurfing pissed off now, he was one of the most remarkable wrestlers, and now him and Eddie Guerroro have both died. What kind of sick bastard would do that anyway. Bloody hell I'm angry.

R.I.P - Rabbit Wolverine/Chris Benoit
    He killed himself, and his family.
    Crap, I never read that part, but I've read through the whole thread and the articles. Benoit must of been in some mental frame of mind, and well...still, he was a good wrestler.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

that sucks when people die.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

When I was 12/13 and loved wrestling, Benoit was my absolute favourite. Now a childhood icon has turned out to be a crazed murderer so I feel kinda dirty. Still a top wrestler though, for sure.

My brother quickly went and ordered a Benoit action figure, as apparently WWE are destroying all of his merchandise.

Ciddieless since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    My brother quickly went and ordered a Benoit action figure, as apparently WWE are destroying all of his merchandise.
    Really? Wow...
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

Damn.

This was on the news a few minutes ago, apparently Benoit strangled his wife and son before killing himself, according to what the police at the news said, all three died from asphyxiation. They also said they were investigating the cause, and somewhat focusing on steroids being the possible cause.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I shudder to think of what kind of steroids could drive someone to such a homicidal frenzy... but I've heard of that kind of thing before, only never to such a grotesque extent.
    Back in the WCW days, when I followed the pro wrestling scene, Benoit always came across as calm, collected and serious without being single-minded. If his in-ring persona was even close to his real personality, then the alleged events of the weekend represent an absolute reversal of everything he seemed to represent.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Ditto that childhood hero thing...good lord, I was saddened when I read the thread title and have moved to flat out disgusted. =/

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

It wasn't any rage induced frenzy, according to the latest reports. The murder of the wife and son both appear to have been calculated, seeing as the Wife was bound by the feet and wrists, both of them had a closed bible placed next to them and the death of the wife was on Friday and the son anywhere up to early Sunday.

It's really just a massively smurfed case and I'm still sort of shocked and finding it difficult to believe.

Um... wow. Just smurfing wow. Don't know what to say...

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

This really sucks, I wish there was some way to say he didn't do it. :c(

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Back in the WCW days, when I followed the pro wrestling scene, Benoit always came across as calm, collected and serious without being single-minded. If his in-ring persona was even close to his real personality, then the alleged events of the weekend represent an absolute reversal of everything he seemed to represent.
    This is exactly how I feel. This is all pretty smurfed up.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I started watching wrestling in the middle of 1991. Apparently, I picked a very bad time to start watching wrestling for two reasons; my favorite wrestler at the time, The Ultimate Warrior, mysteriously disappeared from what was then known as the WWF, and rumors of his death followed, which kinda made sense, because the Warrior at the time was in a feud with The Undertaker, who had a mortician gimmick (in reality, he was fired by Vince McMahon backstage right after his Summer Slam handicap match with Hulk Hogan against Sgt Slaughter, Col. Mustafa, and their manager whose ring name I cannot remember following a contract dispute, though he'd later be rehired, and refired for the same reasons, on two other occasions), and the whole steroid scandal involving McMahon and Hulk Hogan happened around the same time. The moment at which I stopped watching wrestling is when the 1999 Over The Edge accident involving Owen Hart's death happened (I happened to be watching that Pay Per View. As it turns out, it was the last wrestling Pay Per View I ever watched). That being said, I think the whole situation with Benoit, his wife, and his son, is unfortunate and downright despicable.

As for the whole "McMahon is dead" storyline, I find it in bad taste, especially now. I'm willing to bet that in light of a wrestler's "kayfabe" death coinciding with another wrestler's real one, the "Mr. McMahon" gimmick that was "killed off" will be back. And I guess that also means no more kayfabe deaths for The Undertaker (who's had his fair share, dating all the way back to the 1994 Royal Rumble).
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 06-27-2007 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    (SPOILER)His ring persona has nothing to do with anything.

He killed his wife and child. I hope there is a hell so he can burn forever. Sicko.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    (SPOILER)His ring persona has nothing to do with anything.

He killed his wife and child. I hope there is a hell so he can burn forever. Sicko.
    I don't think those comments are needed here, he may have done something terrible but atleast show some respect for what he's done in life and the impact this has on alot of people.