Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chris Benoit and family found dead at home

I don't care if wrestling fans liked watching him. He did the worst thing you can possibly do to someone, and he did it to two people, and one of them was a 7-year-old boy. The impact this has on a lot of people is nothing compared to the impact it has on his wife and son and anyone who cared about them.

He was a "wrestler" (and I use the term loosely), not a freaking humanitarian.

I agree with Roto.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

I don't know who he is (never followed wrestling), but it is very sad that he chose to take his family's lives, including his own. I don't think I've ever read a case where steroids could actually put someone in such a state of mind to commit such a horrible act like that.

Edit: Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree with Roto, as blunt as he puts it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Sad to see how many people on EoFF would disrespect the dead, regardless of what he did, but for the guy to be a very successful professional wrestler who was a hero to many, I find that more disgusting than what he actually did. Show some respect for crying out loud. Yes it's a sad day for what he did, many are grieving, but that doesn't mean you should completely disregard what he has done with his life and who he was, I'm sure they wouldn't have directed their main show RAW to him if what he did, or who he was rather, didn't deserve some respect.

Also, I think the people who are agreeing with Roto simply don't know who he was, like Omecle said. Therefore of course you would feel that way because you know nothing about him unless you went and read wikipedia. This is proven by the fact that Roto claims he is "just a wrestler" when in fact, he IS just a wrestler, but he's also a legend.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

What an amazing world we live in...

the other forum I post at has the exact same argument going on, and it's the exact same people on both sides. The people who know nothing about him saying he should burn in hell, and those who saw him, knew about him, etc. saying to respect him.

No one knows why he did it, and of course it's a tragedy. Considering he met his wife through WCW and then had his kid etc. I highly doubt there was any signs that long ago of anything bad with the guy. After seeing him, his friends talk about him and such, I just think something snapped. I mean Guerrero died, one of his good friends, and who the hell else knows what happened in the guys life.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    What an amazing sick and crazy world we live in...
    Fixed

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    Sad to see how many people on EoFF would disrespect the dead, regardless of what he did, but for the guy to be a very successful professional wrestler who was a hero to many, I find that more disgusting than what he actually did. Show some respect for crying out loud. Yes it's a sad day for what he did, many are grieving, but that doesn't mean you should completely disregard what he has done with his life and who he was, I'm sure they wouldn't have directed their main show RAW to him if what he did, or who he was rather, didn't deserve some respect.

Also, I think the people who are agreeing with Roto simply don't know who he was, like Omecle said. Therefore of course you would feel that way because you know nothing about him unless you went and read wikipedia. This is proven by the fact that Roto claims he is "just a wrestler" when in fact, he IS just a wrestler, but he's also a legend.
    Pretty sure killing your family removes your hero status.

Ok, so I don't know much about him. So tell me. What wonderful things did he do in his life to excuse him for murdering his wife and 7-year-old son and turn him into anything other than a horrible bastard?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

What he did was horrible and sick...but I don't believe anyone deserves to die, even if they kill others themselves. Even if they go hospital to hospital to slaughter children I still don't think they deserve to die.

That's just my personal belief, please don't go off on me...though I guess I should be ready for that if I'm going to speak my opinion.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Ok, so I don't know much about him. So tell me. What wonderful things did he do in his life to excuse him for murdering his wife and 7-year-old son and turn him into anything other than a horrible bastard?
    Don't know. How about you ask that to the multiple hundreds of thousands, if not millions of fans, or even the billionaire Vince Mcmahon as to why he devoted their special 3 hour show to him.

I think he still deserves respect for who he was. Though, I think he should be pitied in how he turned out. If he had had some help maybe it wouldn't have turned out that way. Either way, he was who he was. He did great things in life, and those should be remembered well, but he also did something terribly wrong, which should be taken into consideration as well.
    Quoted from someone, and I completely agree. They also have no idea who Chris Benoit is.

EDIT:

And I agree with Jessweeee♪, which is why I found your comment unneeded in a thread devoted to news about someone who died.
    Last edited by Khaotic; 06-27-2007 at 05:09 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No one is forgiving him for what he did, we are just shocked since his behavior is the complete opposite of what we've been accustomed to seeing of him on screen.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    No one is forgiving him for what he did, we are just shocked since his behavior is the complete opposite of what we've been accustomed to seeing of him on screen.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    Don't know. How about you ask that to the multiple hundreds of thousands, if not millions of fans, or even the billionaire Vince Mcmahon as to why he devoted their special 3 hour show to him.
    ... Ok? What's your point? People liked the character he played. Big freaking deal. If Alan Alda blew up an orphanage, I wouldn't overlook it because I thought Hawkeye was awesome in M*A*S*H.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

He was a "wrestler" (and I use the term loosely)
    You've never seen Chris Benoit wrestle, have you? Pro wrestling is called "sports entertainment", and Benoit fell firmly on the sports side of that.