Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Best" Death *SPOILERS*

Needs to stop disappearin Black Angel's Avatar

I'm surprised that no one mentioned Garnet's true mother and Brahne's death. Both were very sad, because Garnet did lose 2 mothers, which made her spiral into a depression which kinda made her useless in the game for a while. And Kuja and Vivi's deaths were very sad. A little dramatic, but still sad.

Aeris' death was of course sad. I cried every time I saw that part with the music playing and all...
    Rachel's death was sad, too. I cried then, too.

Speaking of FFIX, when Black Waltz no. 3 destroys all those Black Mages on the Cargo Ship, I always get teary-eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Its not even a contest. Galuf wins by far. Mind you FF IV's Tellah and IX's Kuja in the end were quite nice as well.

While I didn't care much for Aeriths death, and likes Seph for it, it was well done. Made for a nice little plot point.
    Yay, someone wrote this for me.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Cait Sith I in FFVII. Not even joking, folks. Only FF death to get me misty eyed. Well, that and Seto's (was he really dead? He cried, after all...), so yeah they're equal tops. Yes, I was more upset about them than Aeris's death, which in itself wasn't sad, it was just a neat FMV. Although it was very sad right afterwards when Cloud starts getting angry at Sephiroth.

Also Galuf and Cyan's family have also been mentioned so yeah.

And to think they could have actually tried to use a Soft on Seto, or a Phoenix Down on Aeris... Doesn't mean it would have worked, but it's the thought that counts. Cloud is such a cheapskate! VGCATS SAID SO, SO IT MUST BE THE TRUTH!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Takara View Post
    Soft on Seto, or a Phoenix Down on Aeris...
    You can't un-petrify someone who willingly takes that state - FFIV

Phoenix Down revives a party member from KO, not death, nor impaling.

Yuna, Selphie...oops, sorry, wishful thinking!

I'm going to have to go with Aeris on this one. Follow the crowd... baa, baa...

It is the most famous Final Fantasy, if not video game death, and everyone who's ever heard of FFVII, even if they hadn't played it, knows that Aeris died... not necessarily a good thing that.

I knew before I played FFVII, I was just curious as to how. I thought she died peacefully (in her sleep, at the Gold Saucer hotel, was my first guess) but was shocked when I saw how she was actually done in!

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

There's so many sad death scenes in the FF series that I can't even choose.

*SPOILERS!!!*

FFII: Josef's death was sad, and I thought Cid's death was even sadder.

FFIII: Desh's "death" was quite said, especially since the "Requiem" theme enhances the scene so much. Elia's death is the saddest death scene in the game, though.

FFIV: Palom and Porom was quite sad, even though they weren't technically dead. I don't think Tellah was that useful a character in the party, but it was still sad to see him die. And Cid sure knows how to go down with a bang, literally.

FFV: Ouch, just too many death scenes. King Tycoon's death is quite sad, and the same can be said about the Warrior of Dawn who died in the water tower place (Zeza?). The flashback scene at the top of the Phoenix Tower was really sad too (Lenna had to choose between her mother dying and her dragon dying, and eventually they both died ). Gilgamesh's death was sad as well. He was just too cool to die. However, Galuf's death tops them all. I must say, though, "Nostalgia" is a great death/sadness theme.

FFVI: While there were a lot of sad scenes in this game, I don't remember many death scenes that made me sad. Daryl and Rachel's death scenes (flashbacks) were somewhat sad, and the saddest for me was probably Cid dying and Celes trying to commit suicide after that. I know you can prevent that, but I usually let it happen because it's such a powerful scene (and then I reload the game and save Cid). Oh wait, Shadow's death after the final battle was the saddest for me.

FFVII: Where do I start? Biggs, Wedge and Jessie. I think the scene where Sector 7 plate falls is very tragic. I felt sad when Red XIII got to know the truth about his father, Seto, and you saw him petrified and Nanaki mourning over him. Cait Sith's first death actually felt quite sad to me. Aeris' death would have been shocking if I hadn't been spoiled about it, but Cloud's words after that and Aeris' theme playing in the background are the things that make her death so sad. Even though Rufus was a villain, I was kind of sad when he died.

FFVIII: Laguna visiting Raine's grave and looking back at the moment he proposed to her was sad for me. In addition, anyone who dares to kill PuPu makes me Christmas sad.

FFIX: Black Waltz 3 slaughtering the Black Mages was quite sad. I felt quite sorry when some of the villains died. For example, Brahne and Kuja's death scenes were both sad for me.

FFX: I was quite sad when Auron was finally Sent away. He was one of my favorite characters in the game. Even though I didn't really like Tidus' character, his "death" scene was really sad.

FFX-2: The "1000 Words" scene was quite sad (a flashback of Shuyin and Lenne's death), and so was the end when Shuyin and Lenne faded away together.

FF Tactics: There were a lot of death scenes in this game, though I can't even remember many of them. I was sad when Malak "died", and when Ramza had to kill his brother, Zalbag. In addition to those, it was always quite sad to send away your party members to give room for new characters.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD View Post
    In addition, anyone who dares to kill PuPu makes me Christmas PuPu sad.

Banned

I really found it sad when Leo died in FFVI, because he got betrayed by Gestahl, who he had strong loyalty towards.

When Aeris died I was just shouting "Yes!" at my TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD View Post
    In addition, anyone who dares to kill PuPu makes me Christmas PuPu sad.
    You'd like that, wouldn't you?

I never really cared about Aeris, I was spoiled already and I didn't even wanted to spend extra gils for her weapons...I should play it again spend everything on her and then crying my money, that would be really sad!
    Actually FF4 had many "deaths", but not all of them were real...

EDIT: I was spoiled about Galuf too...

Raine's death was tragic too

The saddest thing about Aerith's death was the music. It was so depressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

The saddest death I have ever witnessed in an Final Fantasy, probably has to be:

Desch/FF3 - It was quite surprising and sad to see him sacrifice himself for the team, especially when he didn't even get to revisit the young girl in Canaan again.

Porom and Parom/FF4 - It was painful to see them two petrified in that room, even after the whole event was finished. Memories came flushing back and you really respected the youngsters for their deed.

Galuf's friend (begins with a 'Z')/FF5 - He fought hard knowing that he would eventually sacrifice himself for the team, and done it solely for a better world for others.

Aeris' death/FF7 - I cried on this one, especially when Cloud grew angered and the theme for Aeris began to play even for the Jenova bitch battle.

Auron's sending/FF10 - Being the best character ever created in gaming history, it pained me deeply to see such an iconic figure fade away. R.I.P Auron!

Jecht/FF10 - He gave me a good fight, and the music for the battle really inspired me and fired me up to kill him off. I used the three most significant characters for this battle - Auron, Tidus and Yuna.

Reddas/FF12 - He finished with a dynamic ending, and it was very untimely and unpredictable. I loved his quoted sentence at the end. "As Judge Magister, I condemn you to an oblivion!"

These are the best deaths for me...
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Did you finish FFIII, Hazzard? because (SPOILER)Desch comes back in the end.

FF4 had so many 'deaths'. After Cid sacrificed himself, i just couldn't take it anymore. Then..Cid comes back followed by Yang and Parom and Porom i was glad Rydia came back though