Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Best" Death *SPOILERS*

Default "Best" Death *SPOILERS*

I haven't played all the FFs so i can't start a poll but with or without poll, you usually state your choice and explanation anyways.

So what's the "best" ff death? It doesn't mean best as in the 'most hated character dies' It could be best death as in most heroic or the one that really touched you.

mine would be (SPOILER)Rachel. I'm easily touched by deaths of loved ones. I mean, she lost all her memories of Locke and only remembering right before she died. Then, Locke spent rest of his time after she died trying to find a way to bring her back and protect the others he promised he would protect. Also her last words were so sad ><;;

tellah's 'heroic' death wasn't too bad either. Although it was probably because he was so useless and i was glad to get rid of him XD

I'm not going to use the spoilers tag since the thread titles has *SPOILERS* written in it.

Galuf's.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Tellah, Galuf, and Aerith's death sequences.

Its not even a contest. Galuf wins by far. Mind you FF IV's Tellah and IX's Kuja in the end were quite nice as well.

While I didn't care much for Aeriths death, and likes Seph for it, it was well done. Made for a nice little plot point.

Galuf's. I was so sad when that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Galuf's was the best death, because even after they used all the magic to try and save him he still died.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Galuf's was the best death, because even after they used all the magic to try and save him he still died.
    Yeah, that was a lot more realistic that they actually tried. Unlike FF7. :rolleyes2

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

i never finished up FFV so all i remember is Galuf being a complete goofball with bartz XD I'm still working my butt to finish FFVI.

it's funny how your characters get shot/slashed/whacked/blown up/ sliced by the monders and they only get # damage. Then, Sephiroth comes down and stabs Aerith, BOOM she dies.

Teta Hyral, whoever had played FFT will know why desu

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

The "best" death for me is Aria's in FF III DS. That was just an incredibly sad scene.

Unlike Galuf's, my secnd favourite, which was just plain heroic. Especially with the new GBA translation during his battle with Exdeath. Epic stuff. And when 'Nostalgia' began to play, it became a very sad moment. But still this sadness can't top the sadness of Aria's theme. Hoping for a DS 3D remake as well, so I can see if they can transfer this correctly to 3D. Honestly, V is filled with epic deaths.

And finally General Leo's my third favourite. Because it's just... how shall I put this? A horrible death. Leo doesn't save anybody when he dies, and he loses EVERYTHING. Everything he fough tfor and believed in was revealed to be a lie. Then Kefka offed him, with Leo having nothing anymore. Very cruel and sad, yeah.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza Beoulve
    Teta Hyral, whoever had played FFT will know why desu
    I knew I forgot one.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Galuf.... POOR GALUF! I MISS YOU GALUF :kaocry:

I thought I was going to be one of the few that picked Galuf...
    The things I could not do yesterday, I shall not fear to attempt today, for I shall never give up on tomorrow. - Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs Crossfire)

Articles
    Blog Entries

i know it's cliche but I gotta say Aeris. obviously it's conveyed much better than 2d sprites turning sideways and flashing until they dissappear. I love every FF game but you gotta accept what's cinematic and what's not.

Kuja's was also very well done, how his bro stays with him until the end so he doesn't have to die alone, and they take the opportuntiy to have their only sentimental conversation.

and I don't want to sound like a bitch (I say that with no sexism) but I kinda teared up when Laguna visited Raine's grave at the end of FFVIII, and it showed the tombstone with her first name and his last name, and he looks at his ring. This used to be my least favorite FF, I thought it was garbage, but having beat it, I think it's the best ending in any Final Fantasy. Period.

edit: To me, the death of Galuf really hit home when krile told Mid "take care of your grandpa." really good scene

edit: edit: the death of Josef in FFII was something really unexpected, even though I had already beat IX twice. I just wasn't expecting that from an early NES game, and it was the original of what would become probably the biggest cliche in Final Fantasy. Thank God they had some sense to realize this before they sent Barret down that path, like they were considering.

Aerith's death was very emotional. I like her, and because of that i tink it was very, very sad.

Another interesting death was Ultimecia. Her dead triggered the events in the game.
    Last edited by The Crystal; 06-27-2007 at 09:05 PM.