View Poll Results: who has the best gunblade?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • seifer

20 25.64%
  • squall

43 55.13%
  • both gunblades are of equal greatness!

15 19.23%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: best gunblade!?

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post

plz.
    Seriously.
    x]

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    I hated gunblades in general but Squall's was the worst, mainly because how freaking huge it was.
    please,...just leave..just go...how could you say such an evil thing! gunblades are fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    i just like the look of the hyperion and squall could have swung his blade single handed
    hmmm, not really. revolver seems to heavy to hold with one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Revolutionary View Post
    I hated gunblades in general but Squall's was the worst, mainly because how freaking huge it was.
    please,...just leave..just go...how could you say such an evil thing! gunblades are fantastic!
    No. They aren't. They are an akward, ridiculous design that could have been streamlined at any point in the design process, and the whole gun aspect could have been replace by a pistoning or rotary motor for the same overall effect, since it doesn't actually launch the bullets it holds.

That said, had I to choose between them, I'd screw them both and take the gunblade that was shown in the Fan Made Neo-Rinoa model someone made. That, or the one from Wild Arms 3. It could at least fire real bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    No. They aren't. They are an akward, ridiculous design that could have been streamlined at any point in the design process, and the whole gun aspect could have been replace by a pistoning or rotary motor for the same overall effect, since it doesn't actually launch the bullets it holds.

That said, had I to choose between them, I'd screw them both and take the gunblade that was shown in the Fan Made Neo-Rinoa model someone made. That, or the one from Wild Arms 3. It could at least fire real bullets.
    TRYING...hard GAAH! not to get angRY!
    let me just say this....they are the greatest weapon designed...ever!
    ps,
    i called the doctor for you he's coming round to check your ok in the head!

Oh, feel free to get angry. Just know that I won't care.

And let me just say that that is absolute bollocks. Looking 'cool' does not a good weapon make, much less a great one.
    I repeat, the design it horrible, and if you wish, I shall elaborate as to why.

ps,
    i called the doctor for you he's coming round to check your ok in the head!:tongue:
    I'm sure not knowing my real name, or my address, or what I look like, or even what State I'm in made that one especially difficult.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, guys.

I like Squall's gunblade as far as looks, although Seifer wields his a bit cooler.

i have a gunblade and even though i think its an intimidating looking weapon thats all it is. the handle design is horrible. since its not straight with the blade swinging down or stabbing forward is akward. recovery from a missed swing is hard do to the handle and the weight. the sword weighs like 12 pounds where as a katana is like 3. i know 12 pounds doesnt sound like a lot but in a full force swing with one hand it feels like much more.

revolver > hyperion
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

I voted for both.

Squall's Revolver looks too heavy and cumbersome, although I love the engraving on the blade and the pendant dangling from the handle. Seifer's Hyperion, on the other hand, looks lighter and easier to use, and the blade looks razor-sharp. The design is plain, though. Both seem equally powerful.

So I guess Squall's wins for the design, while Seifer's wins for the usability, and they both score the same for power.

A sword with a hilt shaped like a gun is dumb no matter how I look at it.

As a fantasy weapon, a sword that also can be pointed at an opponent and actually used as a gun for ranged combat, or to throw your opponent off-guard would rock. I, for the life of me, can't figure out why they didn't do this--even if only as a limit break.

That said, Squall's gunblade > Siefer's

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    Oh, feel free to get angry. Just know that I won't care.

And let me just say that that is absolute bollocks. Looking 'cool' does not a good weapon make, much less a great one.
    I repeat, the design it horrible, and if you wish, I shall elaborate as to why.

ps,
    i called the doctor for you he's coming round to check your ok in the head!
    I'm sure not knowing my real name, or my address, or what I look like, or even what State I'm in made that one especially difficult.
    humour sense in you must have broke down. seriously i REALLY DISAGREE lets leave it at that.

I voted for revolver . I think revolver is cooler than Hyperion .

and i usually forget that seifer has a gunblade and in the dollet mission I always forget to put the trigger for seifer's gunblade

humour sense in you must have broke down. seriously i REALLY DISAGREE lets leave it at that.
    If my humor broke down, yours did first. And if you disagree with my assesment that the FF8 Gunblade is one of the worst weapons designs in existence, I'd like to see some reasons why it's well designed for combat. Looking cool does not cut it in battle.

seifers is cool but i still prefer squalls, dont no why though Id prefer to use the Revolver in a battle than the Hyperion

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud21zidane16 View Post
    seifers is cool but i still prefer squalls, dont no why though Id prefer to use the Revolver in a battle than the Hyperion
    great! a revolver fan!
    and ill say this to a certain person who doesnt like gunblades....
    how are they badly designed? there heavy yes....but thats the point.
    weight=power. there perhaps are MORE practical weapons to use...but the gunblade is my favourite!

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Here.

3 pictures of both Gunblades.

I like them both.
    I like The Revolver handle and the Griever carving on it.
    But i like the black colored Hyperion Sword and the name.
    Attached Images Attached Images