Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Point taken, I say I'd be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post

On the contrary, being a Cyborg body implies that Kenshin cannot keep up with it, as a machine has a higher physical capacity than a human's body. Plus, Vader doesn't have to use his telekinetic effects on Kenshin, he can even use it on his own lightsaber, something Kenshin would not be able to keep up with or fight.

kenshin can block a bullet if vader telekentict his light saber at kenshin id bet kenshin could slice the handle of it and break it before it even hit him.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post

On the contrary, being a Cyborg body implies that Kenshin cannot keep up with it, as a machine has a higher physical capacity than a human's body. Plus, Vader doesn't have to use his telekinetic effects on Kenshin, he can even use it on his own lightsaber, something Kenshin would not be able to keep up with or fight.

kenshin can block a bullet if vader telekentict his light saber at kenshin id bet kenshin could slice the handle of it and break it before it even hit him.
    That's assuming Vader would give him the chance. Vader's skilled enough to not bring the weak point of his light saber within reach of Kenshin's sakabato.

EVERY attack Vader makes with a light saber is potentially crippling. Kenshin needs to make one very precise and easily counterable attack to disable Vader's weapon. It just doesn't work.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That's assuming Vader would give him the chance. Vader's skilled enough to not bring the weak point of his light saber within reach of Kenshin's sakabato.

EVERY attack Vader makes with a light saber is potentially crippling. Kenshin needs to make one very precise and easily counterable attack to disable Vader's weapon. It just doesn't work.
    Assume Kenshin got a lightsaber.

hah in that case....might as well also assume vader brings an army of storm troopers, a couple of star destroyers, some bounty hunters for good measure...and the emperor.

also, you can't just pick up a lightsaber and use it like a normal sword.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz

Assume Kenshin got a lightsaber.
    Kenshin would not wield a lethal weapon, and would probably have trouble adjusting to such a futuristic weapon in the first place.

yeah but you can train for it, ie a heavy hilt with a plastic blade

and on the destroyer note that wouldn't very honerable would it
    yes yes i know sith are trecherus but vader still had his honor he'd blast him if was only a nuicence. and duel if he thought Kenshin worthy
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

vaders telekentics is limited. even yoda is seen straining to telkeneticly move something. which means vader probably has his limits too. as fast as the force could move an object at kenshin, kenshin can move faster. he has the ability to cut through something and then slice back reforming it together with o trace of a cut modsgi giri.

as far as jin-E hynosis i was basically refferring to vaders telekentic choke hold he has kenshisn warrior spirit could probably disrupt this because hypnosis and telkenesis is power of mentality. i dont think vader could do anything to kenshin telkenticly such as controlling him.

now vader might be cryborg and his speed may be amazeing but kenshin can litterally move so fast he is unable to be seen.

now as for the ryu ku zu ryu sen all 9 points are hit at the same time. seeing as laws of time doesnt allow this to make sense we can assume each hit is lets say a 100th of a second apart. vader would have to have the perfect swing hitting the first attack and cutting the blade at the hilt of the reverse blade. because if he jsut slice half the blade the very resourceful kenshin probably would alternate the attack mid process and his him with the rest of the sword. the onyl way to beat this attack is to move faster then kenshin.

as for kenshins very presise way of diableing the light saber. kenshin could easily do this. he has cut bombs in half dodged bullets blocked bullets caught blades with his hands and even blocked poion needles by slamming floor boards to raise up. kenshins attacks are very accurate. its more likly kenshin slickeing the light saber handle in 2 then vader stopping tje ryu ku zu ryu sen
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

my FF amvs

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, it's really not.

Vader knows what Kenshin's going to do. He can predict it with great accuracy and move to counterattack before Kenshin starts moving.

You overexaggerate Kenshin's speed. He's fast, yes. So what?

Yoda is seen straining to lift a large ship. Last time I checked, Kenshin is not a large ship.

Further, speed means nothing to telekinesis effects. They are essentially applied force on a certain point fueled by mental strength. They are countered by disrupting the focus of the user, or by applying a greater force.

Kenshin is not strong, his major strength is his speed and technique. Kenshin's throat, in particular, is no stronger than normal, and as he does not possess the force himself he cannot break Vader's force attacks. It is impossible for him to do so. At best, he's immune to the Jedi Mind tricks, which cloud and influence the mind itself. Telekinetic Force effects will still have just as much strength, as Kenshin doesn't have anything to counter with it.

Kenshin is quick, but he's not as fast as, say, Soujiro, the Tenken. As I recall, it was not Kenshin but Soujiro who was able to move so fast that the human eye could not see it. In the manga, Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki wasn't faster than Soujiro's attack, just stronger. And even if he were faster than Soujiro, it means nothing because there is no possible way Kenshin can get close to Vader before Vader blasts him. And if he does get close to Vader, Vader can fling him away with relative ease.

Also, you keep assuming that Vader's an utterly inferior swordsman. I cannot believe that one of the most feared Sith Lords in the galaxy can't fight, especially since he had prior received Jedi training. I mean, seriously, Vader's had extensive training like Kenshin and considerable experience. With his force (which Kenshin cannot counter) and his lightsaber (which Kenshin has a very slim chance of slicing in half and which has a very large chance of slicing Kenshin or his sword or both in half) and his skill (which will at least ensure he won't be one-shotted by Kenshin and will be able to counter Kenshin's attacks) Vader WILL win. Kenshin has entirely too much stacked against him. He is still a human without any special powers whatsoever, and thus loses to the one with said powers and better weaponry and plenty of combat experience and training.

well it was in the battle with jin-E that kenshin moved so quickly he was couldnt be seen and then proceeded to break jin-E nose. modsgi giri is an attack so fast ist like it never happened which kinda makes the attack pointless but you get the idea its fast. also how you said vader can predict kenshins moves is one of the things hiten mitsurugi teaches to predict. so they both have a relativly good idea what eachother is going to do. i dont remember vader haveing any type of predictions (besides dreams) though, but i will say its been sometime since i seen any star wars. so if im wrong in anything about star wars corrrect me.

also i know vader was trained by a jedi and is essentially a jedi so he would ahve decent sword skills. but i think kenshins are a level beyond his. vader misses swings aginst luke once or twice idk. kenshin seems considerably faster then luke or vader. if vader were to miss kenshin could send him flying. even though kenshin mostly uses offensive stances he does have defensive ones that he uses and the opponent attacks first letting him find his opening.

also as far as vaders telekensis he doesnt seem to ever lift up people telekenticly or anything so maybe its just not possible for him to do so. besides i know kenshin is only human and has no actual super powers but his warrior spirit is kinda like his power. makes him stand unconscious makes the wind and leaves react to him blocks hypnosis. i just doubt the vader choke hold would work on him. warrior spirit negates mental power such as hypnosis or possibly telekensis even if the power is brought on by the force its still a mental power.

also i will say soujiro did seem faster. he didnt even use his full atack his last try was one step short i believe and thats when the succesion technique whiped him out. also the christian swordsman was faster then him too seemed to be much faster. and when kenshin finnaly beat him he had just been shot but then again kenshin was blind thats pretty fair . also i think master hiko is all around better then kenshin and that he just let kenshin win

but i think until an episode or movie is created this debate will continue forever
    lynx

my FF amvs

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just because Vader never does it doesn't mean he can't, simply that it wasn't thematically appropriate. We know the force is strong in Vader. We can easily surmise that he's powerful enough TO do such things, and that he can bring it to bear on a foe if necessary.

Kenshin's fighting spirit is nowhere near on the same level as the Force powers. It just can't compete. I'm not saying Kenshin's bad, quite the contrary, but he's just not THAT good. Nobody from Kenshin's world can defeat Darth Vader, it's impossible because they don't have anywhere near the level of power Darth Vader possesses, nor the technology.

As I recall, Jedi fight by reading each other's moves. That simply means that Luke was reading better than Vader. Or, also possible, Vader was holding back.

Kenshin moved faster than Jin-E could follow. Not a huge feat, Jin-E wasn't nearly as strong as some of the later characters.

I addressed this in an earlier post (although it was an edit) but Kenshin's Hiten Mitsurugi would fail to read Vader appropriately because Vader's a cyborg and his fighting style is alien to Kenshin. Vader doesn't have that same problem because he's just directly predicting Kenshin's moves through his force power.

I see no possible way for Kenshin's fighting spirit to break the Force choke. Note it's never done anything besides intimidate and make a few leaves react. Vader's telekinesis is clearly defined and he can do offensive stuff with it. Kenshin is helpless towards it.

Kenshin can't win. It just isn't going to happen. He's not powerful enough. He's one of the strongest men in his world, which has no such power. In Star Wars, however, he's just an archaic if not well-trained swordsman.

i may have accidently skipped one of your posts and not seen the hiten mitsurugi not reading a cyborg. my bad.

but kenshin had 2 ways of predictions the persons next move. one was why he had such a hard time against soujiro hios facial exspressions were impossible to understand what he was thinking. and obviously this isnt going to work on vaders mask. but then there was defensive stances he used when he could not understand what was going on. such as what he used on hanya because the whole stretching arm thing.

kenshin would more then likly let someone like vader have the first move that way when it got to the point where his stance would allow him to get out of the way. he could wait until vaders saber was in an area where recovery from the over swing would be too slow, compared to kenshins swing. its not so much a prediction is it a skill of a stance.

also lets say kenshin got hit by the vader choke hold (i like calling it that) kenshin would more then likly find a way to disrupt vaders concentration probably by useing do ryu sen because whenever someone was being choked the rest of there body seemed to move but as if they were in desperate need for air. and kenshin has reacted rather smart when cut off from air in his battle with saito. he's resourceful, i think he would find way to win.

also jin-E wasnt as good as aoshi, saito, shishio, sojiro, and a few others but he was part of the shinsengumi who was a very good group of swordsman. he even was good enough to kill a bunch of them. granted he didnt even really compare to some other bad guys in the series.
    lynx

my FF amvs

Don't forget that Vader might be able to use Force Speed, or even Force Lighting.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All right, so Vader force-chokes Kenshin and lifts him a foot off the ground.

Kenshin effectively loses. Period. Unless he wants to throw his sword, which might loosen the grip for just a moment, but makes him lose anyway as the hold can easily be reestablished before he can get his sword back.

Kenshin has no chance. At all. Vader is just too much more powerful than he is. He has way more options, and every part of Vader's "build" if you will easily counters anything Kenshin can do.

see but we cant just assume vader lifts him off the ground since no jedi or sith ever actually does that. also only a foot off the ground kenshin would still be able to do the do ryu sen probably jsut not as effective.

vader chokes him kenshin do ryu sen boulders disrupt the attack and kenshin darts in for the kill. but lets say vader does his little lighting power that siths seem to have. kenshin dodges and agian moves in for the kill. kenshins sword skill is beyond vaders. luke was able to out predict vader (or maybe vader didnt want to kill his son who knows?) kenshin has a way of playing it safe until he cna figure out an oppnent.

jedi's and siths mess up. and granted so does kenshin. but kenshin sure does get a lot less body parts cut off of him.

also its kinda sounding like jedi's can only be killed by other jedi's which is not true at all. many died from being shot and what not. and they were killed by average aliens and how we know that they are average is because padme shot down some of the people who killed jedis and she no better then a human with a gun.

so jedi killed by alien who is killed by basically a human. each one can kill each one because each makes mistakes. vader who is famous for making mistakes and kenshin who makes so few mistakes he only has a cross shapes scar on his cheek. and by vader making mistakes i mean killed his wife, got his arms and legs cut off. trusted the sith. went to the dark side. and so on.

so if an average human/alien can kill a jedi with a gun why not an exceptional human who can make a sword more deadly then a gun?

i will say i think vader is one of the most powerful jedi/siths only 2nd to obi wan and the reason i say that is because obi wan let vader win.
    lynx

my FF amvs