11 40.74%
  • Who are these people?!?

4 14.81%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kenshin VS. Darth Vader

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Original Rurouni Kenshin manga-> Rurouni Kenshin anime adaption-> Rurouni Kenshin OVA ("Samurai X").

Well, lets say they had even weaponry and this was pure swordfighting. I think kenshin would have vader beat.

Also, I dont think its fair having a super natural type of guy with a sword of light that can control stuff fight a samurai.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

I'm a big Star Wars fan. I collect the lego for christ sake. But I voted Kenshin. Vader is totally badass, but Kenshin is too quick for the force. That is if we're talking about Kenshin from the OAV's.
    It would be an interesting fight. Not very long, but interesting.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Spammerman View Post
    Well, lets say they had even weaponry and this was pure swordfighting. I think kenshin would have vader beat.

Also, I dont think its fair having a super natural type of guy with a sword of light that can control stuff fight a samurai.
    In that case Kenshin would win, but is it not equally unfair to take away everything that makes Vader worthwhile in a fight?

As I said, this is really just a mismatch. These two characters shouldn't be compared because Kenshin just naturally gets screwed via lack of supernatural.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post

In that case Kenshin would win, but is it not equally unfair to take away everything that makes Vader worthwhile in a fight?

As I said, this is really just a mismatch. These two characters shouldn't be compared because Kenshin just naturally gets screwed via lack of supernatural.
    Well assuming we threw their world together wouldn't Kenshin have some resistance against the force just because he is strong willed?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post
    X came first!
    I've just been Anime pwned :kaocry:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookout Zeromus_X View Post
    Original Rurouni Kenshin manga-> Rurouni Kenshin anime adaption-> Rurouni Kenshin OVA ("Samurai X").
    Oie I did too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    do not underestimate the power of the darkside
    do not underestimate the power of the hiten mitsurugi or however you might spell it.
    mitsurugi? from soulcaliber 2?
    No! From Rurouni Kenshin Samurai X!
    X came first!
    Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Swordsman Romantic Story came first desu!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well assuming we threw their world together wouldn't Kenshin have some resistance against the force just because he is strong willed?
    I could accept Kenshin having force resistance, but even then Vader's stronger weapon and force prediction would still win it for him. All Vader needs to do is predict but one attack and slice Kenshin's sword in half and he wins.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I could accept Kenshin having force resistance, but even then Vader's stronger weapon and force prediction would still win it for him. All Vader needs to do is predict but one attack and slice Kenshin's sword in half and he wins.
    I'm having trouble accepting that Vader's cyborg body could even keep up with Kenshin. All Kenshin would have to do is aim for the hands, most likely the weakest point of his suit considering all of the circuits that would be needed there to make the hands and fingers react properly.

The Force involves powerful telekinetic attacks. Kenshin is powerful and strong-willed, but he can't fight the supernatural. Vader can disable him at a distance, while Kenshin NEEDS to be able to get close to use any of his attacks.

As Kenshin is a speed-focused fighter and due to his natural physiology, his body is generally pretty light. Vader wouldn't have any problem force-grabbing him and flinging him around like a ragdoll.

Also, I'm assuming we're speaking of Himura Kenshin as opposed to the Hitokiri Battousai. As the Hitokiri Battousai, he's able to kill, which is essentially what it would take to defeat Vader. As Himura Kenshin, he has two extra attacks that make him quite formidable, but he loses the killing instinct. You can argue back and forth as to whether or not this is a weakness, but remember that Vader is almost completely a cyborg. Incapacitation isn't going to do it.

Returning to the force powers for a bit, Vader is also able to predict the moves before Kenshin makes them. While Kenshin can do much the same with his Hiten Mitsurugi's ability to read an enemy's movements, Vader's techniques are foreign to him and his cyborg body would likely make it more difficult to read, as Hiten Mitsurugi relies on reading body language, of which Vader's would be quite diminished.

Finally, we have weaponry. One block is all it will take for Vader to completely disable Kenshin, as a lightsaber can sheer through a steel katana (or sakabatou in this case) as if it were nothing. Craftsmanship aside, Vader still has the advantage in weaponry.

Really, this is just a mismatch. Generally, pitting supernatural characters against non-supernatural characters (even someone who gets as close to the supernatural as Kenshin does) doesn't go so well for the non-supernatural character. Unless the supernatural character's abilities are completely noncombative, the ability to bend and break the laws of physics generally wins.
    thank you

that's a little more in depth than i was going for. i just meant get him in a force choke to hold him and throw the saber at him

otherwise if he get out manuvered and kenshin get behind for a kill shot
    vader can just reverse the blade and jam it through himself (he used this to take a darth maul clone in a starwars tales comic)
    Last edited by Namelessfengir; 06-28-2007 at 05:07 AM. Reason: im an idiot who can't spell
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I dunno kenshin does have his crazy eyes!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

vader, lol.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

only one skilled in the ways of the force has a chance of killing a sith lord like vader, and a drawing of some poofter looking japanese kid with a metal sword definitely does not qualify.

ok kenshin can fight telekentics as seen in his battle against jin-e jin-e tried useing one on him and his warrior spirit is too powerful.

kenshin has the problem of steal vs light saber. eliminateing sword contact. useing ka ryu san or the do ryu san he can attack long range.

and then theres the unblockable attack Ryu ku zu ryue sen hitting all 9 strike points. lets see vader block that. also with vader being mostly robot and probably haveing enhanced senses kenshins Ryu mei san could disrupt his hearing and cause quite the headache.

i wouldnt think slow moveing vader has much chance against kenshin.

also kenshin might think differently when it comes to killing somehting that isnt human.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm having trouble accepting that Vader's cyborg body could even keep up with Kenshin. All Kenshin would have to do is aim for the hands, most likely the weakest point of his suit considering all of the circuits that would be needed there to make the hands and fingers react properly.
    On the contrary, being a Cyborg body implies that Kenshin cannot keep up with it, as a machine has a higher physical capacity than a human's body. Plus, Vader doesn't have to use his telekinetic effects on Kenshin, he can even use it on his own lightsaber, something Kenshin would not be able to keep up with or fight.

Let's also not forget that Kenshin would be completely out of his element fighting a man with a machine body. He's a Meijii-era Japanese man, he doesn't know about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx
    ok kenshin can fight telekentics as seen in his battle against jin-e jin-e tried useing one on him and his warrior spirit is too powerful.
    Jin-E uses hypnosis. Not telekinesis. Entirely different thing. Telekinesis involves mentally manipulating matter.

kenshin has the problem of steal vs light saber. eliminateing sword contact. useing ka ryu san or the do ryu san he can attack long range.
    Vader can easily deflect those moves with force telekinesis. Plus, what are some rocks going to do against a metal body?

and then theres the unblockable attack Ryu ku zu ryue sen hitting all 9 strike points. lets see vader block that. also with vader being mostly robot and probably haveing enhanced senses kenshins Ryu mei san could disrupt his hearing and cause quite the headache.
    The idea behind the 9-point strike is that it's so quick that you might block one of the attacks, but you won't block them all. Vader can predict the attack and block the only strike that matters - the first strike. Destroying Kenshin's sword ends his threat.

i wouldnt think slow moveing vader has much chance against kenshin.
    Have we ever seen Vader move at full speed? He moves deliberately, but I wouldn't rule out his ability to move at an acceptable speed to defeat Kenshin. Even then, the only thing about Vader that needs to move quickly is his mind, to use his various force effects to shut Kenshin down.