• MAC

1 5.88%
  • Linux

2 11.76%

Thread: Age Old Question

Default Age Old Question

After viewing this , this question inspired me to make a thread
    So which is ultimate, MAC OR PC?
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

[/throws in the first "Linux!" post]

guess i forgot about them. Can an admin at that to the poll(LINUX)

Blog Entries

My opinion is PC

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Added on Linux as a poll option.

I would pick PC, since any and all Macs that I have ever used feel uncomfortable and are frustrating to use.

Thanks to you

pc all they way...for a plethora of reasons

With Mac's starting to gain the same components as an average PC, I don't really see a need for them. Some people argue that Mac's are best for graphics and design, though I can actually use a lot more 3D development applications and the same (if not more) design and post-production applications on a PC.

Sure, Jaguar looks like it's going to be a fairly cool and cheap OS solution, but I'm fairly happy with Windows XP. I find it easier to organise and navigate, and once Vista has a service pack or two, I'm sure it'll get a lot better.

Anyways, yeah... I like PC.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

The PC, not because its necessary better per see, but because that's what all the games and software are made for.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mac. Seriously, I used to say PC for games, Mac for everything else, but a high end Macbook Pro with Windows installed will run any game a PC can. And you can use the much more stable and user friendly Mac OSX for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    Some people argue that Mac's are best for graphics and design, though I can actually use a lot more 3D development applications and the same (if not more) design and post-production applications on a PC.
    I'm no expert by any means, but my friend who has trained in 3D graphics and animation has told me that Linux is better than Windows for 3D and I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for Macs. The only thing I remember him telling me (like I said, I'm no expert) is that everything renders faster in Linux for some of the programs he uses.

Ciddieless since 2004

PC - with Windows, of course.

I don't like Mac OS X simply because there's nothing important I can't do on Windows that I can do on OS X.

Linux is still very immature as an OS. I've no sound - no drivers for the Xi-Fi. There was no visable support for RAID drives (oh, it's there, Linux recognises them in install, but in the OS itself they seem to disappear... bloody confusing) and GRUB still has a fit with them for some reason. So not only can I not access all my data, I also have to juggle the boot sequence when I want to change OS. When I actually wanted to install something, I had to install package after package after package after package after package after package after package after package after package...

Nah, it's Windows all the way for me, baby!
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec