Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what's really goin on w/ Fran & Balthier

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrystalline View Post
    He's just called a ladies man. But turn this the other way around and the woman does the flirting, she's called a slut. As a girl, I find it sad.
    As a boy, I also find it quite sad

I don't, you make who you are in this world, I won't ever go around feeling sorry for the way things are, its why you have to challenge stereotypes. I'm not gunna boohoo about the injustices of this world cos there is too may to count.
    Balthier is Balthier, he is charming but he would never do anything to hurt Fran, he respects her as an equal. And she is old enough and mature enough to deal with him, none of the others could handle Balthier the way Fran can.
    If he were with Ashe it would just end up in a useless mess, not to mention v. boring.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

A picture is worth a thousand words... Just look at where Balthier's hand is

Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    A picture is worth a thousand words... Just look at where Balthier's hand is

LOL that's the pic at the end i was talking about. it looks like he's trying to get to second moreso than he's putting his arm around her!

She's also pinching his hand. I personally prefer the Ashe/Balthier pairing though I haven't completed the game so I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubah
    And if you want to relate it to star wars, you could always have vaan=luke balthier=han ashe=leia but that leaves poor fran out in the cold.
    Well if you want to relate it to star wars it would be, IMO, Vaan=Luke, Balthier=Han, Ashe=Leia and Fran=Chewbacca. Penelo and Basch don't really fit into it I don't think.

she is pinching his hand, but shes also leaning in against him. she wants the hug but is keeping him in line by not allowing him to grope her. illustrating my point about her knowing how to handle him. You don't just let him handle the goods, he's gotta earn it.
    and all this star wars stuff, yeah we know, but u can do it with a lot of stuff. they did it with POTC as well.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    Well if you want to relate it to star wars it would be, IMO, Vaan=Luke, Balthier=Han, Ashe=Leia and Fran=Chewbacca. Penelo and Basch don't really fit into it I don't think.
    Penelo = C3P0 only more useless
    Basch = R2D2 only cutter

Ba'Ganman = Boba Fet
    Vayne = Palpatine
    Gabranth = Vader
    Reddas = Lando

..and Larsa could be Yoda...or not.

There is pretty much absolutely nothing going on between Fran and Baltheir. I believe they are great friends, but really nothing more. Think of their child, a little human child with rabbit ears.

Ashe and Baltheir seems a better pair.

DEATH TO VAAN!

Have you completed the game yet?
    cos (SPOILER)Ashe and Balthier pairing is pretty much dead by the last lil bit
    You see i think if u let someone think ur (SPOILER)dead for a year and then don't
    bother to return (SPOILER)there ring to them by yourself and instead you go cavorting off with your beautiful partner and then hardly speak to them when you do meet them again that ur not really that interested in them. oh and the fact that hes a pirate and she's going to be queen and this is a serious game where that actually wouldn't work.
    If balthier was (SPOILER)Ffamran Bunanza again he could go out with Ashe. But he's not bothered, he wants to be balthier the sky pirate. And Ashe wouldn't give up being queen or tarnish her reputation in that way.
    Plus it is Clear that Fran likes Balthier in a more than a friend way, why should she get hurt? Ashe has her kingdom to rule. Fran has been rejected by her family and exciled from her home, Balthier is all she has. it would be too sad for them to be apart.
    oh and Viera and Humes can have children, the sorta villian in Revenant wings is a(SPOILER) decendant of a Hume and Veira match.
    Remember that well.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd actually have Vossler as Lando, what with the betraying etc.

Vayne is Vader because he's the big frontman, while palpatine is whatever that weird dude was that always floated around behind him. Man I cannot remember his name right now! But he's the one that was behind the whole thing from the start, but you don't find out about it until the end.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, Vayne is more like Vader except he doesn't turn into good guy. Good point on Lando.

Star wars, smar wars, what about the topic! FFS lol
    Remember that well.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey it's cool, a mod approved it

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

I don't even see how Fran and Balthier could have a child, viera don't reproduce since they're born from the wood.

Yellow Winged Angel

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Revenant wings has the Feol Viera, descendants of a hume and a Viera