Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what's really goin on w/ Fran & Balthier

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    Revenant wings has the Feol Viera, descendants of a hume and a Viera
    That's not true at all. Feolthanos isn't hume, he's aegyl. Their descendants didn't have wings though, that's why he left the Beirouge for them, which is what you see as Vaan's ship.

There is a relationship between a hume and a viera that is central to the story though, so in Ivalice a hume and a viera relationship is entirely possible.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by chrystalline View Post
    That's not true at all. Feolthanos isn't hume, he's aegyl. Their descendants didn't have wings though, that's why he left the Beirouge for them, which is what you see as Vaan's ship.
    Oh ?

My apologies, I got confused. I thought the Aegyl were Humes.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by chrystalline View Post
    Oh ?

My apologies, I got confused. I thought the Aegyl were Humes.
    Thye pretty much are. They just have wings and a much shorter lifespan.

You could say that to Vieras as well. They just have longer ears and have a longer lifespan. teehee

I'm pretty sure Feolthanos was described as an aegyl rather than a hume. If i'm mistaken then I apologise in advance

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Hey it's cool, a mod approved it
    tis not the point, its just annoying is all.

yeah veira hume relationships are accepted in ivalice and all that so its not a problem.
    I think if anything is an issue it would be that Balthier needs to move forward with his life, he's had a bad time family wise, but he seems to be dealing with that (SPOILER)in the end credits of Revenant wings
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

For some reason, I prefer the Ashe/Balthier pairing, although there is much more evidence to support the Balthier/Fran couple and I think it's far more likely (by that I mean that Ashe/Balthier is damn near impossible ) that they'd get together.
    But I'll finish the game first (I'm still stuck in Pharos Lighthouse, trying to beat Famfrit:rolleyes2 ) then I'll see if I've changed my views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

oh if ur in the Pharos lighthouse trying to beat Ffamrit the your about to get to a very sweet bit, don't read carry on battling to see the bit i mean, but for anyone else

(SPOILER) after the battle Fran collapses and Balthier goes to sit with her, she says in short that he has to get out quick before the sun cryst bursts, and she looks absolutely adorable, she reaches out to touch his face with all lovey eyes and he takes her hand and says she has to hold on, its cute it shows Fran's vulnerable side
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Balthier and Fran are smurfbuddies.
    jkhkjg

Articles
    Blog Entries

playing through the game again i'm getting the strong feeling that Vaan and Ashe is actually the correct pairing.

spoilers?

but yeah, you got the whole thing of her jumping into his arms, their eyes met for a second there. in raithwall's tomb, i think Fran or Basch is explaining something to Penelo and she says "i'll remember that. can't expect vaan to keep track of these things" and she looks over at him talking to Ashe.

Also, after the sinking of the 8th fleet, Ashe is standing at Nabrudis, holding the dawn shard, looking at Rasler, then he vanishes and she sees Vaan step out and looking at her. And they were the only ones shown there. Did they go there alone?

I'm guessing not because in the next scene they're acting normal, but when they all leave, and Balthier asks Vaan "what is it you're looking for?", and I know everyone brings this up as a reason why vaan has no reason to be there, i think it's implied that he has feelings for Ashe and there to be with her, Balthier asks it kinda snotty like he already knows the answer and Vaan's confusion seems more like embarrassment.

I think him and Penelo got more of a brother/sister relationship. i think when he goes through the adolescent/sky pirate thing he'll return to defend Dalmasca and Ashe, and basically be her knight. Which'll lead us to the final showdown between Vaan and Basch (judge master)!

"No, Vaan. I am your father..." LOL j/p. or not, we'll have to see

I just think Ashe is good friends with Vaan, she was friends with Balthier as well but i think they grew apart to far. She still seems to be good friends with Vaan in Revenant wings, where as she's not really close to Balthier any more.
    I wanted Ashe and Vaan I had to admit, but i warmed to Penelo in the end, she's very caring and mature for her age and her and Vaan really do seem to be a done deal.
    Vaan and Penelo also seem to be a bit like Balthier and Fran's proteges, so its fitting that they get together.
    I'd like to see Ashe/Basch get confirmed but if thats to crack then for Ashe to marry Al Cid and for them both to start fixing the problems in ivalice.
    Remember that well.

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    I'd like to see Ashe/Basch get confirmed but if thats to crack then for Ashe to marry Al Cid and for them both to start fixing the problems in ivalice.
    Why do I like that idea?

Cos it makes sence and Al Cid is a good guy really, he can just come off as a bit cliche.
    lol
    Ashe could probably take him down a few pegs and he could probably get her to loosen up a bit, she seemed to have a nice time when she talks about her (SPOILER)trip to ambervale in revenant wings
    so why not.
    Remember that well.

Al-Cid is a douche.

I still think it'll be Ashe and Basch if they're going to make another sequel (maybe in PS3, who knows?) after seeing how close they were in RW.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Al-Cid is most most certainly a douche where women are concerned, but he's a canny politician and a pragmatic, peace-oriented ruler. If he just acted a bit more like a gentleman and less like a sleaze, he'd be a better guy - and I reckon Ashe could have him whipped pretty quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Al-Cid is most most certainly a douche where women are concerned, but he's a canny politician and a pragmatic, peace-oriented ruler. If he just acted a bit more like a gentleman and less like a sleaze, he'd be a better guy - and I reckon Ashe could have him whipped pretty quickly
    yeah i agree, she'd soon have him under control.
    But it does seem that Ashe and Basch are pretty close with each other. not Fran and Balthier close, or even Vaan and Penelo Close, but still pretty tight.
    Remember that well.