Thread: Classical Guitar Suggestions

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Default Classical Guitar Suggestions

nadda
    Last edited by Nominus Experse; 02-20-2013 at 03:53 PM.

The guitar I have is a classical guitar. All I can remember is I got it from Argos for £50, it's a good guitar and it keeps it's tuning well. Another thing is that classical guitars have quite a thick fretboard, so large hands do really help.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

If you want to learn classical guitar I'd suggest you get a teacher. Classical is all about playing exactly what's written down in front of you, so you have to learn what all that mumbo jumbo means and get your fingers strong and accurate.

If you've got the patience and the time, GO FOR IT!
    :mario::luigi:

1. Andres Segovia

2. Can't help you there.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Classical Gas?

Slava Grigoryan. I'd say he's Australia's most leading guitarist at the moment.

Get learning in musical theory as well as actually playing the guitar.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Andres Segovia is fantastic, as is John Williams (not the composer). Also (although he is jazz rather than classical) you may enjoy Django Reindhart.

As for learning the guitar, i would recommend going into your local music shop and ask them to help you choose a nylon string guitar, this will give the sound you describe and most shops are very helpfulto beginners. Buy the nicest feeling (in playing position) guitar you can afford within your budget also get a spare set of strings (the shop will advise on which ones although do not skimp on these as good strings are very important) and a book aimed at classical guitar.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche