View Poll Results: Do you want Final fantasy 7 remade?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELLS YA

23 32.39%
  • It would be nice to see it remade

28 39.44%
  • meh... i was happy with the old game

10 14.08%
  • No way!

10 14.08%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you want a remake?

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Only if they take away them Weapons for the Europeans.
    You are a very bad person.

I really don't care.
    (But i would surely buy it if they made one)

no.... the old one is amaing, and always willl be
    not remake could match the amazingness of this game
    NEVER

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!

*sigh* yeah. sure. why the hell not? hplvr cut it out. we know. can you stop it? NO! It's going to happen. We all know it's going to happen. Why try and stop the word from turning? It ain't going to happen. And when it comes, and it will, don't deny that you won't play it. You will. Maybe not buy it or anything, no, more likely you'll play a friend's copy. But you will. Curiosity. Such a lovely thing; and such a pain in the as*.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Honestly, I wish they'd stop remaking and just come out with something fresh and new.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

When they come out with something "fresh and new" you get a fiasco like FF10 and 10-2...so yeah i think i'll stick with my remakes thanks!

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Impurity View Post
    When they come out with something "fresh and new" you get a fiasco like Compilation of FFVII...so yeah i think i'll stick with my remakes thanks!
    Fix'd.
    This is a signature.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Firo Volondé View Post
    When they come out with something "fresh and new" you get a fiasco like Compilation of FFVII...so yeah i think i'll stick with my remakes thanks!
    Fix'd.

I wouldn't mind a remake. As long as FF5 and 6 are remade first (preferably for DS, like they're doing for FF4 and they did for FF3) otherwise it just wouldn't be fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Yea, but only with enhansed graphics. I wouldnt want voice actors or a slight change of storyline or more side quests. I just want some freakin sweet FFVII graphics.

HELLS YA! i would personally love to see a remake of this game. the one downfall of the original is that it isn't so visually stunning, something which could easily and vastly be improved in this day and age (as shown by the tech demo).

however, saying this i wouldn't be too disappointed if it didn't get remade. and then you have to ask yourself where the line will be drawn. if a remake of 7 is produced, would people want a remake of 8? ( i know i would), then 9, and 10, and next we'l be wanting a remake of the remake of ff7!!! will we ever truly be satisfied

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Yeah a remake would be cool. With better graphics and no mistakes in the dialogs! maybe they update it, with new materias, weapons, accesoirs etc.

But it seems to take it's time, so i guess not before 2010.

Which FF Character Are You?

A war is easy to win, if your enemy doesn't know that he fights

Hmm a remake would be good but only if they keep the story the same and get rid of all the bugs/glitches/translation errors. I wouldnt mind a voiceoever as long as they get the cast of AC to do it, and your able to turn it off.

If they do remake FF7 i wouldnt want any half assed marginally improved game like FF6...i mean what were they thinking with all these remakes? If your gonna remake it at least improve it far beyond what it was like before otherwise its not worth spending the millions and millions development costs.

I'm somewhere in between "HELLS YA" and "It would be nice", but can't truly decide which I belong to, so I chose the latter at random. This is all despite me exploding all over every smurfing moron who posts saying they "know" the remake is being done at the moment... well, just read my rant in the sticky :P

and your able to turn it off
    This would be essential. I hate having to find something else to do during cutscenes; it's not like they're any more enjoyable the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth time round. Especially if there's one before a difficult boss (Seymour Flux anyone?) At least text-based dialogue allows you to hammer the X button repeatedly; I can actually read fast enough to do that, and used to spite all the FFX fanboys by letting them hear me tap the X button by the time I'd read the subtitle, sometimes before the character even began to speak!

Short version: If they remake this game and force us to listen to hours of unskippable dialogue, I probably won't play it. Also, if it's only on the PS3 I prolly won't get to play it for about four years as I always wait for a console not to cost more than it's worth before buying it.

Fix'd.
    I love you.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 07-03-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by *~Dagger Trepe~* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post
    For christ sake, don't re-make it. It's bad enough as it is.
    Are you saying that FF7 was bad?
    *Slow clapping* Yeah, i am.
    VII is WAY better than X.
    No it isn't. The story was crap, some aspects of the plot aren't explained (Sephirpth in a crystal...), Cloud is an emo who never knows how to have fun, even when he's with someone he loves etc, etc.

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    I'm somewhere in between "HELLS YA" and "It would be nice", but can't truly decide which I belong to, so I chose the latter at random. This is all despite me exploding all over every smurfing moron who posts saying they "know" the remake is being done at the moment... well, just read my rant in the sticky :P

and your able to turn it off
    This would be essential. I hate having to find something else to do during cutscenes; it's not like they're any more enjoyable the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth time round. Especially if there's one before a difficult boss (Seymour Flux anyone?) At least text-based dialogue allows you to hammer the X button repeatedly; I can actually read fast enough to do that, and used to spite all the FFX fanboys by letting them hear me tap the X button by the time I'd read the subtitle, sometimes before the character even began to speak!

Short version: If they remake this game and force us to listen to hours of unskippable dialogue, I probably won't play it. Also, if it's only on the PS3 I prolly won't get to play it for about four years as I always wait for a console not to cost more than it's worth before buying it.

Fix'd.
    I love you.
    Believe it or not i thinking of FF10 when i wrote that post! I mean its goddamn annoying having to hear Tidus say "She's not gonna die!" for the 100th time and being able to do little about it except for turn the game off and burn it...i was stuck at Seymour on Mt Gagazet for ages...and every time i attempted to kill Seymour i had to sit through that goddamn sequence.

I also wait for a console to be cheap...afterall its usually not until about two years into a consoles life that they get any truly amazing or worthwhile games, E.G. Xbox (Halo 2), and PS2 (FF10).

Oh c'mon guys the compilation of FF7 wasn't that bad...afterall i liked AC, and DOC wasn't bad either. Give it a break once in a while!