Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Owen Macwere Rememberance Sig

Banned
    Blog Entries

Oh no how did he die

R.I.P Owen

Oh my goodness....poor Owen...he was a friend of mine too. I'm not good with sigs i tried but here's something for him to.

Offline/Online

someone said to me yesterday that i was insulting his family for making him that tribute picture but imho i think his family would be touched to see that so many people are taking the time to place tributes in the memory of him.
    i think he would have been happy to see that so many people miss him and i would have wanted to the same...

He was a sigmaker. One of the best, this is our way to remember him. I don't really care if others say that we are doing this just to make sigs. Do you care? We are doing this for his memory, like I said some time ago, the sigs are sigmaker's way to reflect life and what we loved, and everyone here loved our dear friend Owen... I know he would agree with me. Don't care about other's opinion, care about the feelings you are reflecting and immortalizing through your sigs.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Celes~*~ View Post
    When I found out about this horrible tragedy, I figured the least I could do is make a sig. So here it is, if you wanna use it as well.
    This sig is a very nice tribute to Owen. However, Owen has always respected the sig restrictions on this site and abided by them. Your sig is way above the height limits *~Celes~*. So out of respect for Owen, please make it to be no more than 250 pixels for the height, including all of the text. Thank you.

Rest in peace Owen. You will be missed.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    When I found out about this horrible tragedy, I figured the least I could do is make a sig. So here it is, if you wanna use it as well.
    This sig is a very nice tribute to Owen. However, Owen has always respected the sig restrictions on this site and abided by them. Your sig is way above the height limits *~Celes~*. So out of respect for Owen, please make it to be no more than 250 pixels for the height, including all of the text. Thank you.

Seriously Leeza? How could you be thinking of these kinds of things at a time like this!?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

As I said, out of respect for Owen as Owen has always abided by the limits of EoFF. I did not remove the sig. I have just asked that it be resized to what Owen would have done.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Ok...sorry im just a little shaken up by whats happened...i signed in like an hour ago to find out someonei called a friend has died...it makes you a little snappy ya see.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post

Ah, I wondered about that...thank you, I'll take care of that straight away.

This thread brings a small warm light to the darkness of my heart...

Look, Leeza, don't use Owen as an excuse, especially at a time like this. Just lighten up on the rules for this, and don't disrespect Owen by using his memory like that. I'm more than sure he wouldn't mind if people had a sig that didn't meet the restrictions in the case of a tribute to those who have passed away, above all a close member of this forum.

Ok guys, settle down, lets not have an argument.. Leeza is just trying to do the right thing..

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by BakerMan View Post
    Look, Leeza, don't use Owen as an excuse, especially at a time like this. Just lighten up on the rules for this, and don't disrespect Owen by using his memory like that. I'm more than sure he wouldn't mind if people had a sig that didn't meet the restrictions in the case of a tribute to those who have passed away, above all a close member of this forum.
    Actually, you're wrong. If he loved this place and all the people, he would want for everbody to comply with the rules. Leeza did nothing to disrespect Owen.
    Last edited by Fonzie; 07-03-2007 at 05:59 AM.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BakerMan View Post
    Actually, you're wrong. If he loved this place and all the people, he wouldn't want for everbody to coply with the rules. Leeza did nothing to disrespect Owen.
    Let's not argue about how Owen would think about things. Instead, let's make our tribute sigs and whatever else we feel inspired to do to show our love for Owen.

Leeza is right in keeping things the way they should be, I think. Please don't attack her She's only doing her job as an admin and complying to individual wishes of mere members is not part of the job description.

Owen was one of my best Internet mates ever. Me and him met on this forum about 8 months ago. I came back, and asked him if he could make me a signature and avatar for my big return to EOFF.

He said he would do it before last Wednesday. So I'm sitting here, wondering why he hadn't made it. How did he die? Is there some thread I can find out.

I remember he told me he was at the hospital about 4 months ago, but he wouldn't tell me why.