Thread: Need help

Default Need help

My party is at level 40 and I can´t beat X - Death (last boss). My jobs are knight(mastered), white mage(mastered), summoner and a black mage(mastered). I´ve heard that the freelancers are pretty good at the end of the game.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Freelancers gain aditional abilities when you have mastered other jobs. Mastering a Ninja for example will enable your freelancer to automatically have the ability 2-swords. I would recomend freelancers for the ability to equip any weapons and armour. Im thinking primarily of ribbons here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If you've only mastered one job for each character, and it's those jobs, then you might be in trouble. I was in a very similar situation on my first playthrough, so don't worry, it's possible. I propose changing your Black Mage to a Samurai and using coin toss (or $toss or whatever your version calls it) and that should do a very decent sum of damage to all of Neo X-Death's parts. After all, you're not going to need your money after you kill him

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Using GilToss is very useful against Neo-Exdeath because it will hit all of his parts for a lot of damage. I'd suggest making everyone a Freelancer or a Mimic for the final battle. If you're willing to do it, return to the world map and learn the Blue Magic spell Big Guard (use Control on a Stingray in the Waltz/Worus ocean area). Put everyone to the back row. If you have Ribbons, equip them (Freelancers can equip them).

Start the final battle by casting Big Guard, Golem and Haste2. If anyone dies or gets petrified, revive/heal them and cast Big Guard and Haste again. Have your White Mage heal and use Holy, have your Black Mage use Flare, have your summoner use Bahamut, use X-Fight if you have it, (even better if you can use it with Two Swords) and use GilToss. Keep recasting Golem every now and then.

When you're fighting Neo-Exdeath, try to attack all the parts at the same time. If only one part is remaining, it will devastate your party with Meteo, so GilToss and Bahamut are really useful here since they can damage all the parts. Good luck, because Exdeath is one of the more challenging end bosses in the series.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Thanks for the tips, I´ve heard that the archer/hunter class can learn something called SShot which should be very useful.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LXX View Post
    Thanks for the tips, I´ve heard that the archer/hunter class can learn something called SShot which should be very useful.
    Sshot, X-fight or Rapid fire depending on which version you are paying

It attacks four times consecutively hitting randomely any target in front of you. It's at half attack power so isonly the equilevent of two ordinary attacks. Combing this skill with 2-swords(dual wield) equals 8 attacks a turn instead of four. Casting quick (time magic) can allow you to do this twice, reaching 16 hits. A party set up to do this hits 64 times in a single turn.

Sshot is not recomended for Neo X-death.... it's rather useless on him actually
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Mimics alround. Have level 5 Summon/Time/White ability. Equip Summon Time and White on everyone. Use Hastega to start, then Slowga, then Bahamut and mimic. Heal with Curaga/mimic it also to help, then re-mimic Bahamut. Done and done with no fuss
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Gouken View Post
    Sshot is not recomended for Neo X-death.... it's rather useless on him actually
    That's true. Neo-Exdeath has 4 parts that you can hurt, and some decoy parts with no HP that your party members may hit if you have them use X-Fight/Sshot/RapidFire (or Meteo) against Neo-Exdeath. If this happens, your character has simply wasted one of the four slashes (or if you have two swords, he or she has wasted two of the eight slashes). If you want to attack all the parts, which is recommended, Summons and Gil Toss are generally a good idea.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi