Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: The Movie. Old and New.

I just got back from seeing it.

It was absolutely incredible. This from a serious TF fan. It's not canon, obviously, but it is one of the most purely entertaining 2 1/2 hours at the movies I've ever been through.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post

It was absolutely incredible. This from a serious TF fan. It's not canon, obviously, but it is one of the most purely entertaining 2 1/2 hours at the movies I've ever been through.
    previews, dont forget the previews

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.SimpleandClean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post

previews, dont forget the previews
    Rush Hour 3, the Simpsons, and that mysterious title-less JJ Abrams movie. Did I miss any others?

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

(SPOILER)The male child's pheromone levels indicate he wishes to mate with the female

(paraphrased). Utterly hilarious! The movie has its own quirks and its own boons and failings. Bay decided to call the matrix of creation/leadership the allspark (Transformers' term for the afterlife), but other than that, the movie is actually sensible.

I read an early wikipedia article that said that an xbox became a transformer. Also when the matrix of creation hit some mechanical objects it made them into transformers...I'm not sure what the consequences are of that. Also (SPOILER)if you don't watch it to the very end, you don't know what happens to Starscream (did he fly back to Cybertron for reinforcements? WHO KNOWS)

The point is the film was a very fun film, and despite my worries, turned out to be worth watching.

Nothing can compare to the original movie though.

You've got the touch
    You've got the POWAH
    YEAH!
    YouTube - optimus vs megatron

Actually, that goes...

Optimus Prime: Megatron must be stopped
    *music starts*
    Optimus Prime: No matter the cost.
    Transforms and rolls out
    *You got the Touch*
    *you got the power*
    *YEAAAAH*

Damn that entire sequence was great. If you're gonna kill a childhood icon, have him go out like that.

By the way, I heard a rumor that stan Bush, the guy who sang "The touch" and "Dare", wrote a new song for the current TF movie. But I don't see his name on the soundtrack. I guess this was just a rumor huh?

Edit: Just watched that fight on youtube, I find it funny that modern kids hate "The Touch" in the comments section. One even asked if the guy who uploaded the video put that song in there as a joke. Sigh, and to those of us who grew up back then, that song rocked, and still rocks, so hard.
    Last edited by Ishin Ookami; 07-05-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Grin

I don't blame them, but kids nowadays are exposed to garbage and as a result are typically only capable of appreciating garbage.

ooc: somebody though 'the touch' was tacked on? Oh wow.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This is the coolest movie soundtrack ever.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The Touch is quite possibly the cheesiest song I've ever heard. Maybe there's a certain 80s charm in it, but there's such a thing as being too 80s, and that song is off the charts. Great for a laugh, though.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Saw the movie tonight, and based on the comments in the thread so far it seems I'm the only one who hated it. Yeah the special effects and some of the fights were cool, though most of the battles were frankly hard to follow. And I realize it would be impossible to do a live action Transformers movie without it being at least a little cheesy, but the was rediculous. I'd maybe recommend seeing it for the special effects, but it's still one of the worst movies I've seen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    The Touch is quite possibly the cheesiest song I've ever heard. Maybe there's a certain 80s charm in it, but there's such a thing as being too 80s, and that song is off the charts. Great for a laugh, though.
    As a stand alone song, yah it's pretty much the embodiment of the 80's hair band thing that bon jovi went and started way back in the day. But I felt it worked as a soundtrack song. The movie itself is pure cheese if you are looking at it as just a film, but as a franchise piece... It works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Saw the movie tonight, and based on the comments in the thread so far it seems I'm the only one who hated it. Yeah the special effects and some of the fights were cool, though most of the battles were frankly hard to follow. And I realize it would be impossible to do a live action Transformers movie without it being at least a little cheesy, but the was rediculous. I'd maybe recommend seeing it for the special effects, but it's still one of the worst movies I've seen this year.
    This is the only negative review I've heard of

I thoroughly enjoyed it, if only for Shiah's humor and what's her faces hotness, the action scenes just made it that much better.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Saw it. LIKED it It was very -- awesome. Fast-paced, amusing, the by gosh by gosh the action was amazing. I went into the cinema all resigned and skeptical and emerged absolutely fascinated.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Blog Entries

Grin

The ONLY thing that didn't make consistent sense in the movie is the 'allspark' (Transformers term for the afterlife) and the 'matrix of leadership/creation' which is the glowing thing that Optimus passed to Magnus and then to Hot Rod. The fact that it can't be in contact with a spark, or that it's a giant artifact was the only thing you had to look over.

Everything else in the movie is questionably acceptable. I couldn't really follow the rationale behind the superhot rounds that can hurt Transformer bodies, but whatever.

Starscream is overpowered by far.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    This is the only negative review I've heard of
    Well that's kind of funny. It's not doing well with critics (though, granted, I rarely give critics much credit), and for the record, the four other people I saw it with agreed with me that it was one of the worst movies we've seen this year, but worth it once for the special effects. And we're all Transformers fans as well for the record. Honestly though, on top of the storyline being crappy, none of the cheesy humour was all that entertaining, save for a few lines that got a mild chuckle out of me. Most of it was too mind numbingly stupid for me to like it.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    I thought this looked worth checking out (and I'm not a Transformers fan at all really), but then I heard Michael Bay was directing it so I assumed it would suck. But now that it's out, I hear a lot it's actually really good. So now I'm going to see it sometime or another
    That sounds pretty much like my situation. I'll see if I can see it during the weekend, although I'm not sure.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi