Thread: Where's my damn DVD Boxset?!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Angry Where's my damn DVD Boxset?!

Seriously, I have half a dozen series I would love to get box sets of and no go. Where's my Daria, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Metalacolypse, and classic Dexter's Labratory?

Any series you wish were in DVD Boxset format?

Metalocalypse comes out probably around the second season or CD, which according to their myspace is around September.

I really wish that they had Mystery Science Theater at reasonably priced box sets or at places other than Borders, the biggest ripoff media store in the existance of mankind.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    Metalocalypse comes out probably around the second season or CD, which according to their myspace is around September.

I really wish that they had Mystery Science Theater at reasonably priced box sets or at places other than Borders, the biggest ripoff media store in the existance of mankind.
    NO! I work at Barnes and Noble and I can tell you that THEY are the biggest ripoff media store in the existence of mankind. Even with a 20% employee discount in the music/dvd department it's still cheaper to buy at Target or Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyjunkie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post

NO! I work at Barnes and Noble and I can tell you that THEY are the biggest ripoff media store in the existence of mankind. Even with a 20% employee discount in the music/dvd department it's still cheaper to buy at Target or Walmart.
    They're probably run by the same guy, so it probably doesn't matter.
    whos' obama?

We Are History - a bizarre 10-minute programme that satired TV history shows. I think it ran for two series and kind of alternated between utterly rubbish and absolutely awesome (but mostly absolutely awesome).

They haven't repeated it, either.

Glam Metal Detectives as well.

Blog Entries

salute your shorts and pete & pete need boxsets.
    oh and hey dude.

yah, there's a few.

The one I REALLY wanna see on boxed set is an old 90's cartoon series called exosquad. Despite being based on a toyline the series was incredible. It was mature, well written, thoughtful, with characters and dialogue that felt real and likeable. There were a great deal of mature themes such as loss, guilt, collabaration with the enemy in a time of war, and death. I was sad when it got cancelled so arbitrarily, and would love to see the series get distributed onto DVD. Shame that it was so mature and thoughtful that the networks often buried it with awful timeslots just so that the kids wouldn't be traumatized with so many mature themes going around.

I'd also like to see the 2nd half of season 2 of gargoyles get released. Apparently the sales of the the first half of season 2 were disappointing, so disney is balking right now unless they see sales pick up. Considering that there is now a gargoyles comic created by the original creator of Gargoyles that picks up where season 2 left off (yes, goliath chronicles is no longer canon. Thank you!) the possibility is now a bit more likely.

I'd also like to see Season boxed sets of Reboot, Shadow Raiders, X-men The Animated Series, Spider-man The Animated Series, and Pirates of Dark water all get their DVD boxed set due.

this...

is all i need, so i don't question

I wish they had an official Sailor Stars boxset. Every single one published is bootleg. This is because Sailor Stars was never released in America.

I want Gary the Rat on DVD. :P Or even a place to pirate it, for that matter.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    salute your shorts and pete & pete need boxsets.
    oh and hey dude.
    Don't forget You Can't Do That On Television... god it's like my childhood all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishin Ookami View Post
    yah, there's a few.

The one I REALLY wanna see on boxed set is an old 90's cartoon series called exosquad. Despite being based on a toyline the series was incredible. It was mature, well written, thoughtful, with characters and dialogue that felt real and likeable. There were a great deal of mature themes such as loss, guilt, collabaration with the enemy in a time of war, and death. I was sad when it got cancelled so arbitrarily, and would love to see the series get distributed onto DVD. Shame that it was so mature and thoughtful that the networks often buried it with awful timeslots just so that the kids wouldn't be traumatized with so many mature themes going around.

I'd also like to see the 2nd half of season 2 of gargoyles get released. Apparently the sales of the the first half of season 2 were disappointing, so disney is balking right now unless they see sales pick up. Considering that there is now a gargoyles comic created by the original creator of Gargoyles that picks up where season 2 left off (yes, goliath chronicles is no longer canon. Thank you!) the possibility is now a bit more likely.

I'd also like to see Season boxed sets of Reboot, Shadow Raiders, X-men The Animated Series, Spider-man The Animated Series, and Pirates of Dark water all get their DVD boxed set due.
    Most of the stuff you mentioned I agree completely with but special mention goes to Exo-Squad cause damn if that was not one of the greatest science fiction series to come out in ages. That series never gets the attention it deserves and I am ashamed of myself for not remembering this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    I wish they had an official Sailor Stars boxset. Every single one published is bootleg. This is because Sailor Stars was never released in America.
    It probably never will be either I'm afraid. It's a decent series finale (I still prefer the manga since it makes a little more sense...) but the homosexual and rather curious transexual overtones of the series will make sure that it never see's the ligh of day over here I'm afraid. I'm still surprised (and slightly disturbed how they fixed it) that Sailor Moon S even made it over here.

Now that I think about it, did they ever release an uncut japanese only boxset for S and SuperS? I remember they released the first season and R but I don't remember the others...

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Disturbing but funny series that lives on spiritually in Camp Lazlo

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Disturbing but funny series that lives on spiritually in Camp Lazlo
    If Rocko's Modern Life was like Camp Lazlo then my entire childhood was a lie.
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno
    It probably never will be either I'm afraid. It's a decent series finale (I still prefer the manga since it makes a little more sense...) but the homosexual and rather curious transexual overtones of the series will make sure that it never see's the ligh of day over here I'm afraid. I'm still surprised (and slightly disturbed how they fixed it) that Sailor Moon S even made it over here.

Now that I think about it, did they ever release an uncut japanese only boxset for S and SuperS? I remember they released the first season and R but I don't remember the others...
    Not that I can remember. I've searched. Aren't the prices of the Japanese only seasons one and two boxsets amazing? I mean, WOW.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

"classic" tv shows from an era without dvd.

If they can have saved by the bell dvds, they can have who's the boss and family matters on dvd.

C'mon make for pg!