Thread: How do I select the Compact Keyboard Function? (Help Desperately Needed)

Default How do I select the Compact Keyboard Function? (Help Desperately Needed)

I'm playing FF XI on a labtop, so I need to config it to the compact keyboard option it talks about in the manual. To do this, it tells me that I can do it in config on the main menu.

Problem is: which main menu, and where? I can't find config on the PlayOnline Main Menu nor the Final Fantasy XI main menu, and I can't configure the keyboard settings in the Final Fantasy XI config option you get to from the start menu, though you can configure a game pad (Which would be great, I guess, if I had a gamepad).

What I'm asking is: where to I find the option to config the settings for the game to use the compact keyboard control scheme, considering I can't play it otherwise?
    The more consciousness, the more will; the more will, the more self. Someone who has no will at all is no self. But the more will he has, the more self-consciousness he has too.-Soren Kierkegaard
    Every people has its own Tartuffery and calls it its virtues.-What is best in us we do not know-we cannot know.-Friedrich Nietzsche
    Trickery, bravery: who asks, in war?-Virgil, The Aeneid, Book II, Line 517

Which FF Character Are You?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Start FF XI, once you get control of your character, use the NUM PAD "-" key to access the menu. You might have to use a combination with the Fn such as Fn+;. Then from the menu, press the left or right arrow key to access the menu with the "Config." option. Go down to it and press enter. from there you should be able to change it.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

you can also do this from your PCs start menu.