Thread: Summer of Concert

Default Summer of Concert

SWEEEET

tickets to manson in august!!

CANT WAIT

what was the best concert you've ever been to ??

so far for me it's a toss up between live 8 canada and tool

Blog Entries

I only been to a Kenny Chesney concert, so the best one is that one.

Guitars, Tiki Bars, and a whole lotta love.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Flogging Molly

The Aquabats or Radiohead for completely opposite reasons.

Aquabats concerts are silly and the crowd always plays along, jumping and dancing around. When one of the members dies onstage and the only thing that could revive him is a sing-a-long of "Don't Stop Believin'", you know the night is gonna be fun. If you haven't been to one, it's easily worth the 15-20 dollar ticket.

Radiohead concerts are huge and completely engross a crowd. I remember reading someone once say "it was like going to church" and that really embodies the kind of feeling their shows have.
    What I've been listening to:

I'd love to go see Radiohead.

It's a tough choice out of Pearl Jam, Jeff Martin and Alex Lloyd for me.

Though I plan on seeing The Shins when they get down here, and Something For Kate a second time. I did manage to see John Mayer recently, that was actually a lot better than I had expected -- simply amazing guitarist (though not a huge fan of his pop-side). Oh oh, John Butler Trio in St. Kilda was very awesome.

Oh, also, when I finished high school I went off to the Falls Festival. Which went over a few days, and had mainly some blues/roots bands that have become fairly famous in Australia now such as John Butler Trio, Xavier Rudd, Mick Hart, etc. That was a very awesome experience.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I went to some concert at the Docks with Bonnie once. I don't even remember who was playing (a lot of them were not super popular bands).

Plus I was too busy being tossed around like a rag doll in the mosh pit ^_^

And that's it. One concert.

I have never been to a concert.

Probably Devendra Banhart. For some reason, his band were on late and they were forced to cut short their set because the venue was closing. After a bit of "persuasion" by the crowd, he said he'd play outside. So he started playing outside the venue on a Sunday night at 11pm on his acoustic guitar and probably annoyed a whole lot of people. It was pretty cool.

I've only been to two concerts, Toby Keith and Tom Paxton. Considering I'm no longer a country fan, I would have to say the Tom Paxton concert was better. Certainly longer... he sang about 25 songs, I'd imagine. Of course, they were all excellent. But he's Tom Paxton, after all.

I went to a Hawthorne Heights & Kill Hannah concert on Friday, which was amazing. KH sounds better live than they do on the CD, and they weren't assholes like Hawthorne. They actually chilled with me & my friends for a bit & chatted up. Their first time in Canada too, in a town you wouldn't expect.

Warped tour is gonna be insane-o though. I cannot wait for August 11.