Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 212161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: The Deathly Hallows (Mark Spoilers!)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Why did (SPOILER)Hedwig have to die?

Screw the owl! Why (SPOILER)Dobby!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Doomie View Post
    Who did JK say would exhibit magical tendencies later in life?
    I think she dropped that storyline since there's no one who fits that description.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hermione cried every other 3 paragraphs. So annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
    It was due to Ron, and frequent "Girly" stuff.

(SPOILER)I probably would say that JKR didn't touch much light on the epilogue, and just gave a bleak outline on what's happening Harry, casting aside other characters and other people in the Wizarding world. I feel she could of devoted a whole formal chapter to the epilogue instead of 4 measly pages, and she failed to even describe what Harry, Ginny, Hermione and Ron even looked like, let alone the children. "A red-haired girl and a kid with Harry's mothers eyes!" - Pathetic, but it was nice to read.

I felt all the deaths were done justice, and I admire the way she made Snape - I mean professor Snape appear as a triple agent/spy, it was gripping and spectacular. She covered it up nicely. People don't understand why he had to treat the Hogwarts students so badly? It's obvious because he had to make the whole concept of him being Voldomort's servant look real! Death Eaters aren't gonna show respect for students who talk back, and Serverus was in authority so he had to punish them severely, especially with the Carrows on his back. Snape was also a brave man, because he had been undergoing this mission for less than a decade, and it was a shame that the Dark Lord chose to dispose of him.

Bellatrix was awesome, and Molly taught that crazy bitch a good lesson. Yaxley was funny, and when the kids sneaked into the ministry, it was exciting reading how much respect that Runcorn geezer had. Harry showed his true daringness and braveness in this novel, and Hermione revealed all her knowledge wits - Ron showed us some of his strong capabilities, and it was really great to read.

I love Dumbledore's story, and it was interesting to read bits and pieces. Who would of guessed it was true?! Aberfouth was remarkable and I felt his presence in the story was favorable. Neville blew me off his feet and was heroic as well, and Ginny sounded so damn sexy!

I was sad when Alastoir Moody died, and it was realistic the way J.K mentioned that Harry felt half like laughing and half disgusted with the way he portrayed an image of Mad-eye sprawled out on the ground. I felt like laughing too!

We got to know Voldomort a lot more this time, and saw a lot of his sinister and sadistic side. He was no longer a myth in this novel, but was "Ooh" very real. I liked that. Lucius was a pussy throughout, and I hated it. Wormtail died like a watery eye rat, which he is...
    Meeting Dumbledore near the end was both touching and warming, because even more secrets were revealed. Knowing that at the end of this series that Harry has finally gathered the respect he deserves is fab, but even better because of his modest nature. Kreacher was great as well - the way he turned good after the affection he desired all this time.

It was funny the way they killed off all the friends or students from Harry's father's year:

James Potter - Sirius Black - Regus Lupin - Peter Pettigrew - Severus Snape - Lily Evans

Overall, it was the best book I've read in years!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    He never stated he didn't know; rather, he was pointing out that Hermione's antics were quite annoying - if not to the point of being ridiculous.

I'm terribly sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    He never stated he didn't know; rather, he was pointing out that Hermione's antics were quite annoying - if not to the point of being ridiculous.

I'm terribly sorry.
    Don't quote my posts if you're just gonna say crap and irrelevant nonsense. :rolleyes2

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post

I'm terribly sorry.
    Don't quote my posts if you're just gonna say crap and irrelevant nonsense. :rolleyes2
    By attempting to answer a question that was never stated, you may want to rediscover the meaning of "nonsense" and "crap".

And seeing that you are 14, I suppose it may be forgivable or otherwise understandable that Harry Potter is the best book you've read in years.

/end of rather inane bickering in thread

I wonder if Rowling will attempt to expand on the Potter universe? And furthermore, if she does, if it will be an attempt in milking a cultural phenomenon of money, or if it will be a more noble endeavor that actually draws more light to what could be a complex magical world.

(SPOILER)This last book left us with a rather forced, cheesy note, 19 years later. It would perhaps be interesting to see what a "normal" wizard in the Potter universe lives now that the Dark Lord is finished.

The reason I mention this is due to the fact that it seems as though the various characters throughout the series do not seem to be what could be defined as "normal" - even in a mode of thought that would allow numerous oddities to be explained via it being in the Wizarding World.

But that in itself could a point to look into.

BTW - Nominus, I wasn't addressing your previous statement referring to The Fonz post, but the following comment afterwards.
    /Ended

I agree that if she tried to point the view at hand to a normal wizard, it would be interesting to see how she could develop the character beyond that mark, but I also feel that she had ended the whole Harry Potter era infinitely, but the wandlore idea most likely will be expanded and worked upon.

What is the point in this topic if you can't post spoilers

(SPOILER) I may be the only one to think this way, but I thought Fred's death seemed more appropriate for one of the Final Destination movies than a HP book. It had that mixture of gruesome and random. I mean just picture Fred laying there, his face still showing the laughter of a few seconds before, possibly a brick sticking out of the back of his head. Its almost haunting.

Which FF Character Are You?

(SPOILER) This Signature STILL contains spoilers

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomie View Post
    Who did JK say would exhibit magical tendencies later in life?
    I think she dropped that storyline since there's no one who fits that description.
    (SPOILER)I thought it was Petunia. Since when Harry was in Snape's memories, Lily mentioned about Petunia writing to Dumbledore to ask to go to Hogwarts. I was under the impression that she was allowed to go, but then changed her mind. *shrugs* Speaking of Petunia, I wish Rowling had mentioned more about the Dursley's after they split off. I really wanted to know what she was going to say to Harry. My bet is that she was going to say that she loved him and/or Lily. I honestly do not think that Petunia actually hated her sister but truly loved her deep down and that is why she kept Harry all those years.

(SPOILER)The thing that confused me was whether Petunia could of adopted some magical powers as well as Lily, because why would she enroll to Hogwarts and receive an returning later stating she is welcome to join? I wonder if Dumberdore knew that she possessed ability to awaken such powers, but lost courage when the time came to board the train...? Surely, Dumbledore doesn't have the skill in magic to help evoke inner powers from such children.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

(SPOILER)The thing that confused me was whether Petunia could of adopted some magical powers as well as Lily, because why would she enroll to Hogwarts and receive an returning later stating she is welcome to join? I wonder if Dumberdore knew that she possessed ability to awaken such powers, but lost courage when the time came to board the train...? Surely, Dumbledore doesn't have the skill in magic to help evoke inner powers from such children.
    (SPOILER)I don't think that happened. Magic is like monobrows; it just happens or doesnt I think.

Also, I think you misunderstood that bit. Petunia was jealous of Lily's magic: she wanted to be a witch as well. She sent a letter to Dumbledore asking him to join Hogwarts, but she couldn't as obviously she is a Muggle. Neither her nor her sister understood this, because Lily mentioned trying to change Dumbledore's mind about not letting her join the school.

Blog Entries

I was under the impression that JK confirmed it wasn't/wouldn't be Petunia.

there was a picture here