Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deathly Hallows (Mark Spoilers!)

MP, being my ultra-secret nickname, of course. Also, as for the dying, I'm assuming that every single father figure Harry has had will die. Mr. Weasley never seemed like one to Harry, so I'll go with Lupin and Hagrid.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

• Harry will die, because he is a Horcrux (so in order to fully kill Voldemort, he must kill himself), and I believe he will literally save someones life in the book while destroying himself (possibly Ron, Hermione, or Ginny).

• Theres a possibility that the whole situation becomes too much for Malfoy too, that at some point he may crack and leak important information about the Death Eaters to the Order, which will obviously prove benificial for the good guys (and not very much so for Bellatrix).

• R.A.B. If the letters stand for Regulus Black, then I believe it stands for something crucial in the book, and could prove to be a plot point in itself (it could be probable that we get to learn an awful lot more about the Black family also).

• The prophecy will be fullfilled.

• Ginny & Harry will get back together, and Ron & Hermione will get together.

• I also think Centuars will join forces with Order (With possible persuasion from Firenze), and possibly take on the Inferi, Fenrir Greyback, and maybe even the Giants.

• Oh and also, Grawp will be immense!

Str8 Pimpin'

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

When the prophecy said neither can live while the other survives, I think If harry survives Voldermort would be dead. and if Voldermort survives harry must have died. If harry is a horcrux then killing harry wouldn't be all that smart. Think about it If he kills harry he loses a horcruz if he loses to harry, harry being a horcrux would keep him alive.

Harry is not a Horcrux.

PWN.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Blog Entries

Just go onto four chan and /r/ Harry Potter spoilers, they got the key pages scanned

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Just go onto four chan and /r/ Harry Potter spoilers, they got the key pages scanned
    ORLY. I've only seen speculation.

the whole harry is a hourcrux thing is a complete croc!
    it just seems to simple to me! which is also why i think harry wont die!

Fawlks will be an important aspect of the book because the phoenix is an important part threw all of harrys wizarding life!

his wand has fawlks tail feather!
    fawlks helped him with his battle against the baslisisk
    that bird is allways about dontcha think!

also according to cover art in america harry appers to be riding a dragon!
    whats all that about dya recon?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Riding a dragon what now?

I also do not believe the Harry is a horcrux theory for various reasons, most detailed in essays on mugglenet by other people. There are too many inconsistencies if this theory is involved. Aside from the contradiction with the prophesy (already detailed), it also is not magically possible. Voldemort intended to make a horcrux using Harry's death. Since this did not happen, it is not possible to make a horcrux. A horcrux must be made with intent. It requires a difficult and dark spell, which Voldemort would not have been able to cast as the curse rebounded. Even if he had used Lily's death as the murder to fuel the horcrux, he couldn't cast the spell to create a horcrux.

Throughout the books, Neville's growth has been carefully directed. He truly shined in the fifth book during the raid on the Ministry of Magic. Rowling confirmed that Neville is out of the prophesy, so I do not believe he will have any significance in the final battle against Voldemort. That's Harry's territory all the way. I would be terribly surprised, however, if Neville didn't get a shot at Bellatrix Lestrange.

I think it's a very real possibility that, in some way, Malfoy will redeem himself. He's not evil. This has been made abundantly clear. He's a little snot, definitely, but he's not evil. He wants to protect his mother. If Snape is still a good guy, as I believe, he's going to help Malfoy. That aside, Snape is (quite possibly) still bound by the Unbreakable Vow to protect Malfoy. The vow had three conditions: help Malfoy achieve his goal, protect him, and do the job if he fails. The second condition was the only one that was not specified to last only as long as Malfoy is working on his mission.

I read an interesting comment about Dumbledore's promise to hide Malfoy, too. When I reread the sixth book recently, I can see where there might be some truth to the theory. Dumbledore says that he can hide Malfoy and his mother more completely than Malfoy could ever imagine. This makes me wonder if that means the Order has experience with such things. Ollivander, perhaps? I don't think it's a coincidence that when Ollivander disappeared, the single wand in the shop window disappeared with him. Perhaps a horcrux? The wand of one of the original founders? It's possible, and I decided a long time ago that Rowling doesn't throw in random details. After all, the cleaning scene in Order of the Phoenix seemed out of place at the time, but after reading the sixth book, it's pretty obvious that the sealed locket they found while cleaning is the true horcrux. Of course, that could pose a problem. Did Kreacher hide it with the other heirlooms he pilfered, or did Mundugus Fletcher steal it along with the other Black family items?

i knew that locket was a hourcrux! it also confirms that RAB is regulas Black! the wand in the window of ollivanders i diddntm pick up on! way to go Ouch!
    Malfoy i think will end up helping Harry and will be in the final battle! im convinsed that the battle will take place at hogworts!

there was a wacky feeling i had that maybe Hogworts it self was a hourcrux! although that is a silly theroe but still Crazt V will take over the school! its what he has always wanted.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, Ouch, I didn't pick up on any of that. :o Good eyes.

You need a girl, Ouch.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

While I accept the praise, I didn't do it alone. The editorials here gave my a lot of the information I've formed my opinions on, and, in some cases, influenced those opinions by introducing things I had not considered. The ones on this page are particularly excellent as they discuss some of the most important points of Deathly Hallows in great depth. Although I do believe Snape is a good guy, I found the "Argument: Snape is working for himself: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Antagonist" essay to be particularly well done and very interesting.

Some are better than others. The argument for Snape being a good guy, for example, is much better organized and written than the opposing argument. If you really like Harry Potter, and have some time to sit down and read (you can't begin to imagine how many of these I read at 3:00 AM when I can't fall asleep) them, I truly suggest taking a look.

I'm also wondering about Priori Incantatum. Voldemort and Harry cannot duel with their wands. Will each find a new wand for the final battle? Will they resort to wandless magic? We know Harry is capable of it in dire situations. It is common for magical children to exhibit accidental magic at young ages (Neville bouncing unharmed when dropped from a window, for instance), but how many children are able to apparate by accident? Harry was being chased by Dudley's gang and suddenly found himself on the roof of the school. Given how difficult apparation is for even adult wizards, this strikes me as particularly exceptional.

Will it be a spell that slays Voldemort? I'm not too sure. I think there would be a very satisfying sense of justice if Harry were to defeat Voldemort using Gryffindor's sword. If Voldemort and Harry are not able to effectively utilize magic against each other, I believe Harry's best option would be some form of physical combat. Voldemort is a withered thing. His body is deteriorated from severing his soul into so many fragments. He's got no chance against a 17-year-old kid in good physical form (he can't be an athlete without being in shape, even if he is flying a broom; it's been a long time since Harry was described as having knobby knees). I don't think a full out melee combat is likely, but there's just something about the sword that makes me think Harry will use it. I suppose it is noteworthy, however, that Ron wields it on the cover of the British version.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 07-08-2007 at 09:31 PM.

I am dying to buy the 7 book set on AMazon but it's not available til september 18. I can't wait that long.
    at least theres only about 2 weeks left.

I believe that R.A.B. Will be part of the black family. I feel like reading all the books over to just find someone who's last name is B... Y'know.

About us not meeting her favorite order member. Hmm I have my speculations. Maybe it's someone we've met but haven't MET.

I am currently reading this here editorial, and cannot get the imaginary (hopefully!) scene of Snape hitting harry with a Darth Vader-esque revelation out of my head.

Snape: 'Potter... I am your father.'

Harry: *drops wand* 'NOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!'

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy
    I believe that R.A.B. Will be part of the black family. I feel like reading all the books over to just find someone who's last name is B... Y'know.
    Like his little brother Regulus who was a Death Eater and, thus, might have been able to more easily gather information about Voldemort's use of a horcrux (his note makes it clear that R.A.B. believes there is only one horcrux)?

Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy
    About us not meeting her favorite order member. Hmm I have my speculations. Maybe it's someone we've met but haven't MET.
    I'm still betting on Aberforth Dumbledore.

Tallulah, the only shipping essays I've ever read are the ones for Ginny and Harry, as that's the only canonical relationship I give half a damn about (and they better get back together in the end or I'm going to be completely and totally devastated). I've never been one for the crazy pairings. Neville and Luna? What?

Edit: By the way, I was just informed that the book is not being shipped to my doorstep on the morning of the 21st. As this is the case, I must be present for the sale of the book at 12:01 AM. I went for book six because I had some friends there, even though I had no book to pick up. When I arrived they bullied me into dressing up as Voldemort. They wanted to put a rubber cap to make me bald, etc. I drew the line at the robe. But yeah, now I've got more reason to go than just being harassed by friends!

I want R.A.B. to be someone who can transform into crookshanks. That would be a great place to hide you know. Who would ever suspect the cat. You wouldn't be meeting them only their human form.