Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deathly Hallows (Mark Spoilers!)

yeah but nevel has still got stuff to prove! hes gonna come out of the last book a real hero!
    plus i dont think Fudge has it in him to be evil!

well she did illustrate that wands have a certain affintity for wizards and they can cause some disastrous effects if used by the wrong people....or was that just in the movie?! i don't remember

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

It is true that wands are attuned to wizards, as exhibited when Harry went to Ollivander's for his wand in the first book. We know, however, that Wormtail is able to effectively wield Voldemort's wand. He casts the killing curse on Cedric with it. For anyone to use the killing curse, he has to be a powerful wizard in his own right, something that nobody seems to think Wormtail is, and I seriously doubt he put on a show of ineptitude throughout his life just so people would underestimate him. I'm not going to subscribe entirely to the whole lost day theory, but I have always believed we do not know everything about the night James and Lily were killed. Someone had to take Voldemort's wand. Somehow the Fidelius Charm had to be bypassed so anyone could even find Godric's Hollow (I doubt Hagrid was told its location by Wormtail, yet he was able to find it). We may need a more thorough description of the Fidelius Charm to understand that.

My personal guess is that the final battle will take place on Privet Drive, at midnight. Since Rowling said we have to expect some surprising things from Aunt Petunia. I say Petunia, having recently started menopause and being crankier than usual, will get out of the house in her bathing robe, yell at all those filthy magic users, and shot the lot with a rifle, actually hurting Voldemort, thus allowing Harry to defeat him.

Yeah, not gonna happen, but you have to admit that would be unexpected.

yes that would be!

but yor theorie brings me to think of petunia!
    she knew what the dementors were in book 5? do you recon that somthing happend to petunia in her childhood to do with dementors!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

I'm willing to bet that Aunt Petunia knows a hell of a lot more about the wizarding world than she lets on just because her sister was a witch. It's not as if Lily didn't come home for the summer just as Harry does, so Aunt Petunia would have had to live with her at least part of the time for a couple years. I can't imagine she could live with her sister for about two months every year (probably more if Lily went home for Christmas break) and not pick up on certain things.

agreed! but what is soo important about patunia and why is having lillys eyes an inporatant plot point!

JKR did say that something really important about Lily would be revealed. At least that's what i read in mugglenet..i think

i always wondered how Wormtail is going to repay harry for sparing his life.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Rowling has left Lily and Petunia's background vague for the entire series. We really don't know anything about Lily Potter other than superficial things. Petunia's background (at least in relation to the wizarding society) is equally unexplained. It's almost impossible to deduce what might be important about either of them in relation to Harry's quest. It could be that there are small hints throughout the series that we won't recognize the significance of until we learn what these secrets are. Then again, I recently read an old editorial on mugglenet written shortly after the fourth book which pretty much had the whole horcrux thing figured out based on the diary and one line Voldemort said when he was revived. The person even already had the Harry is a horcrux idea out there.

Harry seems to be a magnet for life debts. I believe that only Wormtail's life debt (as it is the only one specifically mentioned) will be significant, and I can't believe that it won't be paid since Dumbledore mentioned it explicitly. Three Weasleys owe Harry a life debt as well: Ginny (book 2), Arthur (book 5), and Ron (book 6). I wouldn't mind Arthur paying his debt by somehow saving Harry, but Ginny and Ron better not be called on for it.

Edit: In a recent interview, Helen Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) announced that Rowling had sent her a letter explaining that her character would be very important in the last book. Ever since her first appearance in Order of the Phoenix, Bellatrix has become a more and more important figure in Voldemort's inner circle. Harry and Neville both have a vendetta against her and she's shown to be very distrustful of Snape. I never thought that she'd be worth sending a letter to Carter when she'd be able to find out for herself in less than two weeks.

By the way, 11 days. <3
    Last edited by Ouch!; 07-11-2007 at 04:14 AM.

oooooohhhhh! i know ;_____;!
    i personally think that one of the weaslys are gonna get it! my bets on bill, charlie or arthur! maybee one of the twins./ i also think the gianets will be involved too. they may come back and help the order!

10 days. Also, this idea partly came in a dream. While JK has always said that Dumbledore is, and forever will be, dead, she has never been able to give a definitive answer to whether Sirius is actually dead. Also, I read somewhere (Possibly even in this thread, I just can't remember), that one person will sacrifice his own life to bring back someone else. That's where I believe Wormtail will repay his debt; sacrificing his own life so that he may bring Sirius back.

i would have thought that the sacrifice would be to bring someone back who had more recently died, that is the sacrifice would be used as a direct and immediate response.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Doomie View Post
    10 days. Also, this idea partly came in a dream. While JK has always said that Dumbledore is, and forever will be, dead, she has never been able to give a definitive answer to whether Sirius is actually dead. Also, I read somewhere (Possibly even in this thread, I just can't remember), that one person will sacrifice his own life to bring back someone else. That's where I believe Wormtail will repay his debt; sacrificing his own life so that he may bring Sirius back.
    I doubt Sirius is coming back. Rowling always said that he had to die, as mentioned toward the beginning of this thread. I don't think it's just that he had to die, I think Sirius had to die by falling through the Veil. As many people are starting to believe, I, too, am absolutely convinced that the Deathly Hallows, whatever they may be, are beyond the Veil. It would help Harry a great deal to get there if he starts using the two-way mirror to speak with Sirius on the other side.

As for the sacrifice thing, I've not heard anything like it. Rowling has said that magic cannot revive the dead. She's been vehement about this, as she's said when she began to describe what magic can do, it was easier to set down what it can't do. Resurrection is the big thing she stresses cannot be done.

When you say "*Atleast one character will die", I'm willing to bet it's going to be Ron just like in the first movie except he will die....atleast that's what I think, but if it does happens, it will suck very bad.

I think Sirius will make an appearence, albeit a short one.
    I have noticed a certain character has been missed out from this convosation....Tonks. She blames herself for Bellatrix for "killing" Sirius.
    I cannot remember whether this was merely a rumor in the book, but I think Tonks may play a part, just a hunch. Just like my hunch that we find out that the Weasley's are infact, decendents of Godric Gryffindor.