Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deathly Hallows (Mark Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomie View Post
    I decided to re-read the six first books for the bazillionth time before I read the seventh, and one thing really bugged me. In book four, when Harry is battling Voldemort, there was the Priori Incantatem. I remember Dumbledore later telling Harry that that particular effect makes the wand regurgitate its past spells in reverse order. However, when the echoes of the people Voldemort killed in the past are coming out of his wand, James comes out before Lily, which would mean that Lily was the first to be killed, contrary to what the first six books have been describing.
    Rowling admitted that to be a mistake on her part, I believe they even corrected that in the later releases.

so you mean she didn't know her own story?~?~?~?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicon View Post
    so you mean she didn't know her own story?~?~?~?
    Scary.

On page 697, US hardcover edition (Scholastic), Dumbledore states, "If, however, the owners of the wands force the wands to do battle... a very rare effect will take place. One of the wands will force the other to regurgitate spells it has performed - in reverse. The most recent first. . . and then those which preceded it. . . .". The series has maintained that James Potter was murdered before Lily. Therefore, logically, Lily, the more recently killed of the two, should emerge from Voldemort's wand before James during the Priori Incantatem scene. However, in the original edition of the book, James Potter comes out first, and says, "Hold on, your mother is coming and wants to see you." Rowling had originally written that Lily emerged from the wand first, however, her American editor, in the rush to edit the book, incorrectly pointed this out as an error, and Rowling "changed it without thinking."[1] Subsequent editions of the book corrected the mistake, and Rowling's original order (Lily appearing before James) stands as canon.
    Source

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by KH-Cloudy View Post
    When you say "*Atleast one character will die", I'm willing to bet it's going to be Ron just like in the first movie except he will die....atleast that's what I think, but if it does happens, it will suck very bad.
    At the very least, three people will die at this point. Rowling undoubtedly meant to kill off at least one character, but since then she has announced that another two she never meant to die will die.

its gonna be a bloodbath aperently!!
    allso i agree that tonks probally will have a part to play! possiblly avenging the daeth for her couisen or maybe evenr her new found love!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

If Tonks gets Bellatrix over Neville, I will be very, very disappointed. Nobody has more of a right to challenge Bellatrix than Neville.

I do hope that Remus gets a happy ending with Tonks, though.

Articles

Adding more evidence to the Snape is good theory. I believe he heard the WHOLE prophecy, yet he only told the first part of the prophecy to Voldy. Therefore Voldy went out and marked Harry, fulfilling the first part of the prophecy and thus creating his greatest nemesis in the process. Everyone else has already mentioned the rest of the evidence backing up the Snape is good theory, so I won't even add that.

Harry being a horcrux makes too much sense. Just because he is a horcrux does not mean he has to die. If a part of Voldemort's soul is a part of him, and the scar could be the physical manifestation of that, it doesn't mean his soul has taken over him. Remember the scene where Dumbledore produces a snake out of a puff of smoke and mutters, "In essence divided?" or something along the lines of that with a gleam of triumph in his eyes? Harry may have a part of Voldy's soul but he still has the ability to love. Also, destroying a horcrux does not necessarily destroy the entire object. The object may become damaged but not utterly destroyed.

Let's also take a back track to Book 3, The Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm not going to buy that the reason the Dementors went after Harry and tried to suck his soul out then was because he had much horror and drama in his past life. They went after him because he had a part of Voldy's soul inside him. Also think back to the comment Rowling made about Cuaron unknowingly and unintentionally putting things in the movie that greatly foreshadowed events in the last two books. Could this have related to the dementors?

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

I hate snape with every fiber of my being but I am almost sure he is good. I want to believe he is evil I just have a hunch that Dumbledore knew he was going to die since book six began. The arguement with snape was probably that Snape couldn't kill him but Dumbledore wouldn't allow it.

Book 7 has taken all my hype from the 5th movie.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Blog Entries

I hope hermione kills voldemort and becomes head of hogwarts or minister of magic or something
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

lol Hermione fan boy!
    its like i said dumblydoor isnt stoopid! he knew his death was gonna happen. he knew even befor the mission to the cave. the only thing we cant be sure about is why he had to die

EDIT: ok just seen the film loved it!
    but i noticed theres spoilers there for the hallows.
    you actully saw alberforth in the hogs head with a goat lol!
    so now im damn sure its alberforth in the hallows
    Last edited by Garnie; 07-12-2007 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy View Post
    I hate snape with every fiber of my being but I am almost sure he is good. I want to believe he is evil I just have a hunch that Dumbledore knew he was going to die since book six began. The arguement with snape was probably that Snape couldn't kill him but Dumbledore wouldn't allow it.

Book 7 has taken all my hype from the 5th movie.
    you hate him even after the hogwarts memory?!

ah well.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garnie View Post
    lol Hermione fan boy!
    its like i said dumblydoor isnt stoopid! he knew his death was gonna happen. he knew even befor the mission to the cave. the only thing we cant be sure about is why he had to die

EDIT: ok just seen the film loved it!
    but i noticed theres spoilers there for the hallows.
    you actully saw alberforth in the hogs head with a goat lol!
    so now im damn sure its alberforth in the hallows
    Thats funny because I too thought that was Alfberforth when they went to the Hogs Head scene.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

and in nine days you'll find out..

its 8 days!

you know they could have not actully spoiled that aswell! if HPANA wasnt advertising the pic as alberforth none of us would have realised its him!