Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6162021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: The Deathly Hallows (Mark Spoilers!)

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

(SPOILER)I expected her to, really. She was unbelievably and endlessly devoted to Voldemort in a way that I really thought resembled unrequited love. I felt this particularly over how bitter she was with Snape when Snape made out that Voldemort trusted him more than Bellatrix.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    (SPOILER)I expected her to, really. She was unbelievably and endlessly devoted to Voldemort in a way that I really thought resembled unrequited love. I felt this particularly over how bitter she was with Snape when Snape made out that Voldemort trusted him more than Bellatrix.
    That's true, and J.K even wrote a line saying "the way she knelt beside Voldomort and gazed up at him, was of that of lover would"

She was one of the best though.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Doomie View Post
    (SPOILER)I think the best part of the book, and a line that will be forever etched in my mind is "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"
    (SPOILER)That was actually one of the "groan" parts of the book for me. It seemed that this scene was written specifically with the movie in mind.
    Figaro Castle

Articles

I've very disappointed she just decided to change her mind about the person who performs magic late in life. Why wouldn't she have told us this after book 3 was released?

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    (SPOILER)I think the best part of the book, and a line that will be forever etched in my mind is "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"
    (SPOILER)That was actually one of the "groan" parts of the book for me. It seemed that this scene was written specifically with the movie in mind.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    Yes.
    reminded me of aliens

that bit made me laugh

personally im a bit confusd about the kings cross chapter. (SPOILER)how did harry ''die''( i know he didnt acually die) then woke up again when he was speaking to dumbledore. waas it all just a dream kinda thing in his head?

it was a very good book though and i agree about (SPOILER)harry and voldemorts battle it was very short

also i expeted that (SPOILER) after lupin and tonks died the child would have gone to harry.

and it was expected really that (SPOILER)ginny and harry got married. its nice that hermionie and ron did too. that last 19 years later chpter was good. it was a really good ending1

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

ROFL!!! Great site Disco Potato!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Ciddieless since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by The Site
    ...Harry starts reading the book, which records a most unbelievable story -- after Dumbledore's mom died and Big D. settled down to take care of his family...
    I knew he had something to do with it!
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Yay, loving the recap.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

That bit actually made me laugh.

I finished the book this morning, and (SPOILER)I found the ending really disappointing. It should have just ended when they described how they put Voldemort's body in a seperate room. END.

There were loads of deaths! It became quite repetitive, and each time it didn't have as much impact as it the death before that. I was all upset when Dobby died, but no one else. Fred and Lupin shouldn't have died either, I loved those 2 ;__;

The book was probably my 2nd favourite, none of them beat the 3rd. I can't remember its name, but that one was immense. Deathly Hallows was alot maturer and alot more interesting, imho.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

It's my fave now. (SPOILER)I think Snape is the best character, I really truly thought he had the best backstory and the way he was written was excellent.

Favourites for meee: DH, PoA, GoF, PS, CoS, HBP, OoTP.

I finished this yesterday
    I really liked it, cleared up a lot of missing background behind some of the charecters.
    Was a lot more darker then the others this one. the final battle (SPOILER) a few words from harry, a avarda kadarvra and an expelliarmus and it was all over. hit by his own spell, dissapointing but somehow...satisfying.

The 19 years later bit was sweet (SPOILER) kinda predictable that ginny and harry would end up getting it on, not so predictable that they have 3 kids :S cutre though. something isnt right with Harry Potter having sex though :S i dunno just dont seem...right!
    Get on Ron and Hermiony too!, that was a complete shock that they chose to have children and such. and Draco shocked me by actually finding somebody to give him a child...scorponius?! what a name!!
    still very nice. good closure