Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Batman Begins?

Default What do you think of Batman Begins?

I like it but I don't understand why people say "Batman Begins was boring it took itself too seriously." Of course the film took itself seriously he's The Dark Knight not the rainbow-colored knight.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 08-20-2008 at 05:39 PM.

I think we need one all-inclusive super hero movie thread. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Just answer my question.

Kiss my ass.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I loved that film. I've loved everything about the new 'realistic' take on Batman. =o

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    Just answer my question.
    Kiss my ass.
    You, two. So feisty

Kiss my ass.
    Why would I wanna kiss my your ass? I'd rather kiss a sexy lady's ass.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

roto shut up <3

I loved batman begins. It was very eye-opening in a 'wow, I've never thought of bruce wayne in this way before'

It was also an effective way for me to learn his early history which I'd never been exposed to before.

It was my favourite Batman movie until The Dark Knight happened and blew my mind.

Jellyfish swim by.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney King View Post
    It was my favourite Batman movie until The Dark Knight happened and blew my mind.
    The same applies for me. Therefore I am quoting it and not really going to put any more of an effort into my answer.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by bipper View Post
    The same applies for me. Therefore I am quoting it and not really going to put any more of an effort into my answer.
    So am I.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    So am I.
    Agreed! I didnt mind the Tim Burton movies though...Its probably the first movie i saw at the cinema (well actually...the earliest i can remember lol)!

but yeah i just got it on blu-ray and it was a fine movie indeed! Caine's Alfred was the highlight for me though!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    So am I.
    And me.

Nah. I enjoyed Batman Begins. I really enjoyed the really dark tone to the film and thought that it hit the nail on the head entirely how I thought Batman should be portrayed. For a start, Robin was nowhere to be seen. The Dark Knight was definitely better, but Batman Begins is definitely a fantastic film in its own right.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Never understood why this film was so highly rated. The villains were boring and there was too much exposition as to why he became Batman. An hour in and I was like "JUST BECOME BATMAN ALREADY!". Plus the fight scenes were horribly edited. I couldn't even see what was happening.

A lot of the problems were fixed in The Dark Knight which was the best Batman movie since Tim Burtons original Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Never understood why this film was so highly rated. The villains were boring and there was too much exposition as to why he became Batman. An hour in and I was like "JUST BECOME BATMAN ALREADY!". Plus the fight scenes were horribly edited. I couldn't even see what was happening.
    You can bitch and moan about Batman Begins all you want but the fact is Chris Nolan breathed new life into a dead franchise with Batman Begins.

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    You can bitch and moan about Batman Begins all you want but the fact is Chris Nolan breathed new life into a dead franchise with Batman Begins.
    Dude, if you're going to make a thread where people voice their opinions, you need to accept that they are opinions.
    Not saying you're attacking people, it's just the way you worded the above makes me believe that you're not okay with people of differing opinions.

With that said, I was pretty bored with Batman Begins. Love The Dark Knight though, I was honestly worried that the next movies in the series were going to be slow, but The Dark Knight brought back my hope.