Page 1 of 27 12345671121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deathly Hallows (Mark Spoilers!)

The Deathly Hallows (Mark Spoilers!)

ok so the books out in 13 days and im all excited!

theres lots to descuss here! So lets start with what we know that will happen
    Character Information

* We will find out something "incredibly important" about Lily Potter.
    * R.A.B's identity will be revealed.
    * We will discover more about Dumbledore's past.
    * We will learn with whom Snape's loyalties lie.
    * Something will be revealed about Petunia Dursley, although we already know that she is not a Squib.
    * Viktor Krum will return (World Book Day, 2004 interview).
    * We will see a reappearance of Dolores Umbridge: "It's too much fun to torture her not to have another little bit more before I finish."
    * JKR has said "There is a character who does manage, in desperate circumstances, to do magic quite late in life, but that is very rare..."

Plot Information

* Harry will face Voldemort for the final time.
    * Harry will be attempting to find and destroy Voldemort’s remaining Horcruxes.
    * Harry will return to the Dursleys' during the school vacation, but the magical protection Dumbledore arranged will expire when Harry comes of age on his 17th birthday.
    * Harry will go to Godric's Hollow.
    * The two-way mirror will make a reappearance.
    * Fleur and Bill's wedding will occur.li>
    * The fact that Harry "has his mother's eyes" will prove to be an important plot point.
    * At least one character will die.

do you have any therioes? descuss!

oh by the way! when the book is realised ill ask kindly if you PLEASE dont post spoilers! im a big fan of hp and i dont want it spoiled! just theories!
    Last edited by Garnie; 07-21-2007 at 09:55 PM.

You are asking not to post spoilers in a thread clearly marked "Spoilers"?

I read somewhere in the news(!) that at least two people die.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

These aren't really spoilers. Every person who reads Harry Potter should know all these facts already.

Edit: Nevermind I didn't know some of these.
    Last edited by Fonzie; 07-07-2007 at 01:52 AM.

nah what i ment was when you read the 7th book not to post the facts and let everyone have a chance to read it first if you know what i mean
    i recon Hagrid will die!
    hes a big charrictor(no pun intended) and i dont think he would have anymore contribution to the story!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Nice job copy-pasting from mugglenet. =P

Yeah, I'm stoked. As far as deaths go, Rowling said something about true evil attacking people that matter most, and when she told her husband who was going to die, his reply was something like "Oh no! Not that one!" As long as Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny make it through, I'll be fine.

I, too, think Hagrid is a likely candidate. Hagrid's entire life was built on Dumbledore's support. Without Dumbledore to constantly vouch for him, to provide him with a job, a home... well, I just don't think Hagrid has a whole lot going for him if Dumbledore isn't there to back him up. I've always felt that Wormtail was going to die in the end, and given Sirius's death, I imagine Lupin dying is a very real possibility.

Also, Rowling has said that one character got a reprieve from death and another died in that character's place. If this is true, I imagine that means those deaths do not significantly alter the final outcome. She's had this story in her head for years, and I doubt she'd decide to make such a major change as deciding not to kill someone incredibly important (or deciding to kill another important character in his/her place.

Apparently, questioning Dumbledore's past is a "profitable line of inquiry." As such, I believe it is very likely that Aberforth will be making his long-delayed appearance, or rather, he'll be officially announced. I think it's been made abundantly clear that the barman at the Hog's Head is Aberforth Dumbledore. Harry first goes there after seeing a picture of the old Order of the Phoenix, in which he sees Aberforth for the first time, and at the bar its noted that the barman looks familiar. Also, in book four, Dumbledore mentions that his brother performed illegal charms on a goat. The Hog's Head is explicitly described to be smelling of goats. It's also noted that the barman was at Dumbledore's funeral, which wouldn't have deserved mention if he wasn't important. Rowling has also said that we have yet to officially meet her favorite Order member. The only one we know about who has yet to be properly introduced to the story is Aberforth.

If Dumbledore's past is going to become important, who would know it better than his own brother? Also, one must remember that it's possible that Aberforth has a good idea about the prophesy. Trelawny's account of the night of her interview reveals that it took place at the Hogs Head and the one who caught Snape outside of the room was the barman.

I'm particularly interested in the significance of the two-way mirror. If it's making a return, does that mean Sirius is on the other side? Rowling never hesitated to confirm that Dumbledore was dead and gone, but she's always been a little sketchy on the details of Sirius's death. She's always insisted that it was absolutely necessary that Sirius die, and I really doubt that eliminating father figures in Harry's life was the only reason.

Other things I'm curious about:
    How does Harry find Godric's Hollow? A proper explanation of the fidelius charm has not been given, but the only people who should know of the location are Wormtail, the secret-keeper, and Voldemort. If the charm is still in place, does this mean Wormtail will tell Harry where it is as part of his life debt? If not, how will Wormtail fulfill his life debt to Harry?

It was recently announced that when the screenplay for Order of the Phoenix was being written, Rowling said explicitly that it was a bad idea to leave out Kreacher. This lends credibility to the theory that R.A.B. is Regelus Black and that Kreacher was the one who accompanied him.

Given that Rowling has frequently insisted that the power of love is what will allow Harry to defeat Voldemort, I imagine that means most characters will get a happy ending, at least the ones most important to Harry (Ron, Hermione, and Ginny). I don't think she can so easily tear people Harry loves the most. It wouldn't do much to help him use that power against Voldemort.

That's only the surface of what's going through my mind. This post is long enough, though.

My theory: Voldemort will kill Harry and Neville, and maybe the rest of the popular group, and will in turn be killed by a Muggle.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

I always liked the idea of voldermort being shot by petunia.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

wow!
    that post was long but i strongly agree!
    i think everyone knew that sirus isnt really dead! but then again nearlly headless nick mentioned that sirius isnt a ghost and he wont become one! untill you mentioned that kreature may have helped regulas get the locket i never actully thought of that but it makes sense!
    i allways thought that alberthorth was the barman of the hogs head lol!

allso i think that Snape will die too! i dont think hes evil..(but then again hes my favorate charrictor in the book and films.)
    i recon he will be the one to die after saving harry from somthing! it will be either him or wormtail!

i dont think lupin will die! but maybe one of the weaslys will get it like charlie,bill or maybee even Arther.

as for the importent thing about petunia, i have no idea!

as for some being able to perform magic later on in life, i recon that will be filtch!

allso i dont care what mugglenet says i recon that crookshanks has somthing very impoortent about him! he was the only animal in the film to realise scabbers for what he really is.

Neville kills Voldemort.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rowling never hesitated to confirm that Dumbledore was dead and gone, but she's always been a little sketchy on the details of Sirius's death.

I know right!!! :3
    I nearly burst into tears when I read Sirius was gone. But it seemed too abrupt for me and I really really hope he comes back in any form whatsoever. I miss Sirius very much.

GOD I HATE SNAPE.
    I felt so betrayed. I know there must be a purpose to this and crap but OMG I abhor him I wish I didn't trust him ever since he saved harry in year 1. He was pretty consistent on his act as a sinister character but who still helped when it mattered but the moment welcomed the two women ---i forgot the other one's name, the one who caused sirius' death, but I know the other one was malfoy's mom--- AND WHEN HE MADE the ubreakable vow I was all D:< OMGFXX TRAITOR!!!!!!!!

uh ok. I just miss Sirius and Dumbledore a whole lot.

Happy Birthday to Me

i love snape!
    narsissa and bellatrix are the names ya looking for!
    snape is a good guy! remeber in the half blood prince that hagrid mentioned that snape and dumblydoor were argueing!
    well.....you get the picture! i wonder if harry will get back together with Ginny?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Garnie View Post
    t back together with Ginny and Hermione for a "good time"?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Garnie View Post
    i wonder if harry will get back together with Ginny?
    You have no idea how upset I'd be if that didn't happen. That relationship was a long time coming, and I can't believe it's going to end so abruptly. Harry deserves his happy ending.

Also, Garnie, I think it's abundantly clear that Sirius is dead in the sense that once you fall beyond the Veil, you're stuck there. I never doubted that. While Rowling never gave details about Sirius's death, she did say that he died. If the two-way mirror is indeed making a return, I'm willing to bet it's going to allow Harry to contact Sirius from beyond the Veil. I still think that the Veil is going to be very important, and I know some people seem to think it has to do with the Deathly Hallows, whatever those may turn out to be.

I refuse to believe that Snape is evil. Dumbledore does say that he does make mistakes, and when he does make a mistake, it tends to be much worse than normal ones. However, I do not believe that Dumbledore would trust Snape without a very good reason. Harry seems to believe that Dumbledore trusted Snape because after he told Voldemort about the prophesy, he rushed to Dumbledore and apologized, explaining that he hated himself for it, blah, blah, blah.

Dumbledore may always try to see the good in people, but he's not an idiot. Dumbledore wouldn't just accept an apology as an unwavering bond of trust. There's something else there. All of Snape's actions in HBP are consistent with a good bluff. If he had refused the unbreakable vow, his loyalty would have come into question. I'm absolutely sure that Dumbledore knew of the vow, and I also believe that Dumbledore's argument with Snape in the Forbidden Forest was about whether or not Snape was to complete his vow.

The whole scene when Hogwarts is attacked is a little bit off anyway. I know I'm not the only one who would never peg Dumbledore as the type of guy to plead for his life. I think he was begging Snape to kill him. Also, right before Snape kills Dumbledore, he's described as having a look of pure hatred. I actually believe this is even more proof of his loyalty. As others have mentioned, in the cave, when Dumbledore orders Harry to keep feeding him the potion no matter how much pain it causes him, Harry is also described as feeling utter hatred toward Dumbledore because Dumbledore has forced Harry to cause him pain. The similarities are too uncanny for a coincidence.

Also, as Snape runs away, he taunts Harry, but there are more to these taunts. The way I look at it, the taunts are advice. Snape tells Harry that he can't (and shouldn't) try unforgivable curses. He also says that Harry will never win if he can't shut his mouth and close his mind. Seems like good advice to me. Practice wordless magic and occulmency.

Rowling has also stated that she cannot tell us the form of Snape's patronus or what his boggart is as it is too revealing about his character. Another thing of note regarding Snape is that when Harry accuses him in front of Dumbledore, Fawkes squawks angrily.

Yup... more later maybe?

I decided to re-read the six first books for the bazillionth time before I read the seventh, and one thing really bugged me. In book four, when Harry is battling Voldemort, there was the Priori Incantatem. I remember Dumbledore later telling Harry that that particular effect makes the wand regurgitate its past spells in reverse order. However, when the echoes of the people Voldemort killed in the past are coming out of his wand, James comes out before Lily, which would mean that Lily was the first to be killed, contrary to what the first six books have been describing.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, good one, MP! I didn't catch that, so I wonder if that comes up in the last book.

I think Hermoine or Hagrid die, to be honest. I think Neville has a large part in the final battle too, for some reason. I'm so excited for the book. I'm requesting a day off from work for it. xD