Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "That white Mobile Suit...!"

Default "That white Mobile Suit...!"

So, who here is into Gundam?

I have been a fan for almost 10 years now. I remember getting the the Original Series movies on VHS wayyyy back when... And I haven't been able put the shows or the model kits down since. My favorite series is Victory Gundam, though my appreciations tend to change depending on my mood. Whether the series is an epic space-war opera or a quirky fighting tournament or a bishounen slapfest, I have appreciation for them all on some level.

So, what's everybody's favorite series? Favorite character? Favorite moment? Whatever else?

Discussion, LAUNCH!
    Last edited by Obsidian; 07-03-2007 at 05:11 PM.

smurf gundam
    armslaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Gundam is a fantastic series. The original movie trilogy is my absolute favorite. The characters are real and have very genuine personalities, the storyline is thought-provoking and mature, and even with the aged animation, the battles can be entertaining. It did a fantastic job of delivering the "war is hell" feeling while also focusing on Newtypes and human evolution.

I like quite a bit of other Gundam shows, too. I haven't seen all of them, but I have seen Zeta, Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory, 08th MS Team, G Gundam, Char's Counterattack, and some of Seed and Wing, neither of which I especially liked. My favorite individual mobile suits are probably the God Gundam and Amuro's Nu Gundam, and maybe the Hyaku Shiki (No idea if I spelled that right or not ).

Good stuff.

I'm actually rather fond of Turn A gundam myself. I find it strange that it isn't more popular. I guess one of the reasons it hasn't recieved a dub yet is the fact the main character disguises himself as a girl for quite a few episodes. Oh well, the design and capabilities are still very cool.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've seen a few episodes of Gundam WING and will probably see more. It's an interesting series, obviously older but it seems reasonably interesting.

The fact that Heero is apparently invincible amuses me.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ishin Ookami View Post
    I'm actually rather fond of Turn A gundam myself. I find it strange that it isn't more popular. I guess one of the reasons it hasn't recieved a dub yet is the fact the main character disguises himself as a girl for quite a few episodes. Oh well, the design and capabilities are still very cool.
    Just gotta give it time. Zeta Gundam just came out in the US about a year and a half ago, and it was originally released in Japan about 25 years ago.

i think iv seen it im just not sure coz it was like a thousand years ago....there was no reason for me to reply here was there!

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    I've seen a few episodes of Gundam WING and will probably see more. It's an interesting series, obviously older but it seems reasonably interesting.

Gundam Wing is kind of funny to laugh at. The most sane and down to earth among the main cast thinks he's shikigami (The god of death) and everyone that heero threatens to kill ends up living happily ever after at the end. Oh and I find it very amusing that the psychopathic girl (Dorthy) has a better understanding of pacifism and the effects of war over the girl who has sworn to wipe out all warfare (Relena).

That said, It's an alright series. Nothing too grand about it. Espescially when compared to 0080 or the Original Mobile Suit.

Oh, by the way, has anyone here happned on SD (Super Deformed) gundam. Not to be confused with Superior Defender Gundam. The Former is a chibi series that is a hilarious parody of various gundam sagas, the other is chibi series that known as the most terrible gundam series on the planet.

Just thought I'd ask cuz SD (the funny one) is also one of my favorite series. Man some of those episodes are just too damn funny.

Not a big Gundam fan. Only ones I like are G Gundam and Wing (Though only the second half.) Never saw the original, but I hear good things.

Best Gundams are Death Scythe, Heavy arms, and G Gundams Dragon Gundam.

I hated every series except for Gundam Wing, and I only liked Gundam Wing because of Death Scythe.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Not a big Gundam fan. Only ones I like are G Gundam and Wing (Though only the second half.) Never saw the original, but I hear good things.

Best Gundams are Death Scythe, Heavy arms, and G Gundams Dragon Gundam.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Blog Entries

Gundam wing/endless waltz was awesome. I wasn't a fan of the other series really. Tallgeese is my favorite suit. Tallgeese III was nice too.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've known about Gundam for a few years but my first real introduction to it was Gundam Wing. I do love Gundam Wing (even if it's a pseudo alternate reality version of of the original Gundam series.) I like how it focused on the plight of soldiers during wars as well as the idea of terrorism.

I also love G-Gundam, 0080 War In the Pocket, 0083 Stardust Memory (probably my favorite Gundam) Char's Counterattack, and the first half of the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

I do want to see Turn A Gundam and Gundam X (A Pirate Gundam?!)

Sadly, I'm not a huge fan of Gundam. I still prefer Macross and Robotech

That reminds me... The Master Grade Turn-A model kit is coming out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    Especially after he gets shot, rolls down a cliff, is blown off his Gundam, etc. This is usually what turns people off of Wing. Characters that just won't die. Only one major character in Wing dies after all is said and done.

Oh, by the way, has anyone here happned on SD (Super Deformed) gundam. Not to be confused with Superior Defender Gundam. The Former is a chibi series that is a hilarious parody of various gundam sagas, the other is chibi series that known as the most terrible gundam series on the planet.

Just thought I'd ask cuz SD (the funny one) is also one of my favorite series. Man some of those episodes are just too damn funny.
    Hearts for SD. <3 Especially the Pension episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I do want to see Turn A Gundam and Gundam X (A Pirate Gundam?!)
    You may be confusing Gundam X with Crossbone Gundam, the manga sequel to Gundam F91 that deals alot with pirate themes. The title Gundam also has an X-looking apparatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Sadly, I'm not a huge fan of Gundam. I still prefer Macross and Robotech
    STAGE LIGHTS FLASHING. THE FEELING SMAAAASHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post

STAGE LIGHTS FLASHING. THE FEELING SMAAAASHING.
    Arrrrrrghhhh, Robotech Minmei song reference.

Ookami SMASH!

I'm actually a fan of Mari Iijima, the J-Pop starlet that played Minmei in Macross. And a Macross (Original, Plus, and Zero) fan. That said having seen those Robotech went from something Pretty good, to something that is merely tolerable at times.