Thread: .Hack

Default .Hack

What do you think of the .Hack franchise? I think it sucks. Because you can't complete the storyline in one game. The developers want you to buy more games so you can complete a storyline that's not THAT interesting.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

I think it's a great idea, the game is based off anime, in anime you need to have suspense to wait for the next episode, same goes for the games which simply gives me more reason to want the next game.

As for the storyline being bad, do you even understand it? and which one are you talking about? G.U.? or?

Blog Entries

The games were good. but the animes are what make it for me.

Yeah it'd be a great GAME but it sucks as multiple.

You obviously don't understand marketing ploys. In the original 4, a DVD came with each, in that case, if you watch the DVD, like most anime DVDs after you buy one, you've got to wait for the next. Or from the game point of view, to put it on one disk would be quite expensive, if not impossible at the time, and if they put them on seperate disks but in one game, they'd either have to charge more for the game, and put people off buying it, or sell it at regular price, thuse losing money, they did what they had to do. Same goes for the original and G.U.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    I think it's a great idea, the game is based off anime, in anime you need to have suspense to wait for the next episode, same goes for the games which simply gives me more reason to want the next game.

As for the storyline being bad, do you even understand it? and which one are you talking about? G.U.? or?
    I played .Hack: Infection and it wasn't very interesting IMHO so I wasn't compelled to buy the sequels.

Blog Entries

It's differnt if you enjoy and know the full story of .HACK. Just playing the first game would make it crappy imo. Maybe try watching .HACK//sign

I've never been interested in .Hack, and I'm not interested or obsessed with anime like some people I know. =\

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I am not a huge fan of them making the games so separate but I am a huge fan and I have logged an insane amount of time playing these games. Looking for every weapon, item and completing all the side quests. For no good reason I find it fun. I also like the rich history they have given their story. So much past that I wish was more fleshed out but at the same time that uncertainty gives the whole thing more mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    It's differnt if you enjoy and know the full story of .HACK. Just playing the first game would make it crappy imo. Maybe try watching .HACK//sign
    Agreed. You have to explore all of the books and stuff so you can get an idea about all the connections they make between all the different games, books, anime, manga, etc. If you look at some of the character profiles on .hack wiki, you'd be surprised how many of them show up in different .hack series' other than the one they originally appeared in. Most of the fun for me is to figure out all this stuff.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

.Hack is a good solid game! The best bit is how the anime and manga's expand on the events of the 4 games though...

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

It was done about 1,000,000 times better than the PSU episode by episode play *shudders*. PSU even had fillers (ICK!).

At least with the dot hack games :3... we could do the fillers of character development for the non-Kite/Black Rose optionally.

And the overall Dot Hack Battle system was definetly refined. repetitive but refined.

ps: I liked the storyline because of the Anime aswell xD...

Played some of INFECTION. Didn't like the battle system, the premise of the plot or the use of keywords to randomly generate environments so I shelved it.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

Infection isnt where it gets interesting though its Part 2: Mutation that starts to interest and suck you in.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    Played some of INFECTION. Didn't like the battle system, the premise of the plot or the use of keywords to randomly generate environments so I shelved it.
    The keywords were used to generate preset environments based on statistics so, if you used the same keyword, you would go back to the same location.

^^~

There are about 6 super omega non-mentioned hidden keywords within it that were put in as easter eggs.

sort of like a neat fun house to explore :3