Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTF am I watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    FLCL and Idiocracy are great. I don't think they are bad at all! You guys are crazy.
    I don't believe anyone ever said FLCL was bad. I stated it was a crazy show and how I thought the way they sold it on DVD was a scam. That implies that I actually looked for it on DVD. I was going to buy it, but then I decided not to. There's no way I'm paying $90 for six episodes of any show.

On a side note (and maybe I should start a new thread about this): How does Anime get away with that type of scam when every other genre that tried ended up failing. What I mean is, you buy a DVD with two to six episodes on it for $30+. I've seen them try that with many a show and only the Anime shows seem to be able to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    FLCL and Idiocracy are great. I don't think they are bad at all! You guys are crazy.
    I don't believe anyone ever said FLCL was bad. I stated it was a crazy show and how I thought the way they sold it on DVD was a scam. That implies that I actually looked for it on DVD. I was going to buy it, but then I decided not to. There's no way I'm paying $90 for six episodes of any show.

On a side note (and maybe I should start a new thread about this): How does Anime get away with that type of scam when every other genre that tried ended up failing. What I mean is, you buy a DVD with two to six episodes on it for $30+. I've seen them try that with many a show and only the Anime shows seem to be able to pull it off.
    those 2-6 episode shows are actually OVA's. Original video animation. They are what amounts to motion pictures, cut up into smaller parts, and marketed straight to video in small segments, with motion picture caliber presentation values. They are either usually what amounts to pilots for series, such as the OVA one shot for blood the last vampire, that evolved into Blood+, or additions to favorite series that are too brief to put onto TV, such as Macross Plus or Gundam 0080.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Pokemon: The Vacation"

This was a "Movie before the real movie" (Probably better name) I saw it at the cinima when I went to see the actual movie,

It was well weird, even I a massive (At the time) Pokemon fan, couldn't make head nor tail of what was going on, and what the hell was all thoes random pokemon dancing around a LSD-esque backround in there for? I never did work out what that was all about!