View Poll Results: Will you buy Blue Dragon or Bioshock?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue Dragon

3 13.04%
  • Bioshock

3 13.04%
  • Both

4 17.39%
  • Neither

12 52.17%
  • Not Sure

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will you buy Bioshock(Aug 21st Xbox 360) or Blue Dragon(Aug 28th Xbox 360)?

Default Will you buy Bioshock(Aug 21st Xbox 360) or Blue Dragon(Aug 28th Xbox 360)?

The rpg season starts on Aug 28th with Blue Dragon on Xbox 360. Bioshock for Xbox 360 comes out on Aug 21st and is just as huge in general but is more of a 1st person shooter and action/adventure game than it is an action rpg. Anyways, these are both huge releases which start the fall gaming season. I'm getting Blue Dragon although I'm interested in Bioshock. If Bioshock doesn't have too many hours of gameplay I could get it, otherwise I don't have time to play it. What game are you getting?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Neither.

Then again, I don't have an XBox 360.
    Figaro Castle

Both. But Ill get Bioshock before Blue Dragon.

I am not sure how many hours of gameplay Bioshock is. Who has an estimate please. I also wonder how many hours it is with no sidequests and 100% sidequests. Please tell me if you know the hours length for Blue Draogn with 0% and 100% sidequests respectively.

Also, I read about Bioshock, but I'm still confused on the type of game it is. What game has similar gameplay? I read about it but didn't see a gameplay trailer yet. Please tell me more.

Blue Dragon seems good but I'm more excited about Zelda and FF XII: RW. I like Lost Odyssey as much as Blue Dragon, and I like Mass Effect less than these four. These are my top 5 rpg's ocming up. I barely like FF XII: RW more than Zelda I believe. I'm looking forward to these 5.

Post editing is loading slow and not loading actually, let me add this...

Dreddz, you say you will get BS before BD but is that based just on the earlier release date for BS or are you just looking forward to BS more than BD?

Edit by Roogle: Dragonsoul, it is against the rules to post a message twice in a row. It does not matter whether you find it quick or slow to edit a post.
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Bioshock, because it is going to be oh-so-much better.

Azar, I don't see your vote, please vote on the poll.

Bioshock looks great! I need to see gameplay footage not just pics and articles and info about it. I seen gameplay, pics, articles on Blue Dragon it is also great.
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Ciddieless since 2004

Bioshock - for the PC, of course.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Also, I read about Bioshock, but I'm still confused on the type of game it is. What game has similar gameplay? I read about it but didn't see a gameplay trailer yet. Please tell me more.
    Bioshock is a spiritual sequel to System Shock 2. It mixes RPG elements with FPS. There is a chemical around the underwater city called Adam, which the player can gather up and use to upgrade their stats (eg strength, speed, weapons, hacking, repair) similar to the cybernetic modules used in System Shock 2.

In System Shock 2, you had to have a weapon skill to use pistols, a higher one for the shotgun and an even higher one for the assault rifle. It was interesting, because a player could improve their skills whatever way they wanted. I usually concentrated on the standard weapons and hacking skills, but I lost out on energy weapons and exotic weapons. I was strong but slow. These RPG-style elements will also appear in Bioshock.
    Last edited by Odaisé Gaelach; 07-10-2007 at 09:25 PM.
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

I wonder if it would cost me more money to upgrade my pc to play Bioshock or to get the cheap version of XB 360($299).

I don't need to upgrade my pc until Starcraft 2 comes out because I only play Real time strategy games on pc. As far as those go I only play Warcraft 2(before) and Starcraft(before and now), haven't played Warcraft III much or World of Warcraft ever by the way. I also play emulated games but they don't need to have a high quality pc though.

I'll get XB 360, it has tons of games I can play.
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Neither.

Then again, I don't have an XBox 360.
    Same here, plus my laptop probably won't be able to handle Bioshock. I'm hoping to meet someone in college who has a 360 and will get Bioshock so I can try it out.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bioshock, but for the PC. Honestly, Blue Dragon holds no interest for me at all despite being from Mist Walker. Honestly, it sounds too much like a traditional Japanese RPG to me from what I've read. Just the fact that it's a turn based system is enough to put me off at this point. I've been playing RPG's with turn based battle systems for about 15 years or more now. It's time to move on. Bioshock on the other hand looks like one of the most creative and original games I've seen in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Dreddz, you say you will get BS before BD but is that based just on the earlier release date for BS or are you just looking forward to BS more than BD?
    Because Bioshock is going to kick the crap out of Blue Dragon. So the latter.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, Xbox doesn't exactly have the Final Fantasy Fanbase that would go for Blue Dragon, but those that do exist will go for it. I will admit that I'm more excited for Blue Dragon (DEMO ON XBOX LIVE RIGHT NOW), but I haven't done much research on Bioshock and both are 'less important' games for me right now. Though I will get both.

Mass Effect in November ftw.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The fate of the world hangs in the balance.

*Cringe*

I'm not going to buy a 360 (my priorities are a psp,ps3,and maybe a wii much much later) so i'm not geting any of these two.
    If i had a 360 though,i would have got blue dragon.
    Bioshock looks and feels great but it's a FPS and i'm not into that.

i would get both but my 360 is on ice right now...since it was one of the originals, i'm trying to figure out how to get microsoft to repair it since i was past warranty when it broke and i got it temporarily repaired by a third party....i think i'm just plain SOL.