Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance

Default So You Think You Can Dance

Does anybody here watch So You Think You Can Dance?

I've been following it fairly closely, and I gotta say I really like Lacey, Lauren, Neil and Hok. I can see them getting through to the end.

I'm sorry, America, but if you vote to keep Cedric alive, I will come to your doorstep and viciously maim you...
    "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." --Colossians 3:23-24

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    I recall seeing a few dances at one point, and it looked quite fun. But as soon as I realized it was a show that had the uninformed, naive, impressionable America deciding who stayed and who didn't... I didn't bother with it for more than 10 minutes.
    America decides who is in the bottom 6, the Judges take it from there. America generally gets it about half and half. A mix of deserving and undesrving people placed in the bottom 6. But the Judges, these judges who should know better have screwed up a couple times. The final decision lies with them, and god dammit they've made the wrong decision quite a few times this season. In any case, I think you're missing out, if you're not watching these amazing dancers and even more amazing choreographers simply because you think the American public is naive.

Anyway. I looooove SYTYCD. Even though it pisses me off when the judges boot off amazing dancers and keep the so-so ones. Despite that, I freakin' adore watching the amazing dancers do their thing.

I've been addicted since season 1. I've even met some of the dancers who have appeared on the show (at other dance related functions).

For this season, I was totally rooting for Jessi and Pasha, Hok, Sabra, and Sara. I seriously dislike Lauren. Seriously. Aside from the dancers, I think the dances choreographed by Wade Robson and Mia Michaels are simply genius. Genius, I tell ya!

This dance by Wade Robson was my favorite dance from Season 3 (so far) and this dance by Mia Miachels is my favorite from all three seasons. That's the kind of choreography I always dreamed about as a dancer. Evocative, powerful, and both fluid and precise. I don't breathe when I watch it.

Dancing with the Stars owns this show. :rolleyes2

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Dancing with the Stars owns this show.
    This show strikes me as annoying. They will bring in break/street dancers and go 'okay now do some ballroom dancing'. I do appreciate bringing dancing to the public eye -- I know most people 'dance' but not many people in my experience dance 'well'.

Yeah i watch this show sometimes but I really like to watch America's Got Talent.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    Dancing with the Stars owns this show.
    This show strikes me as annoying. They will bring in break/street dancers and go 'okay now do some ballroom dancing'. I do appreciate bringing dancing to the public eye -- I know most people 'dance' but not many people in my experience dance 'well'.
    What's the problem with it?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by *~Dagger Trepe~* View Post
    I can't understand how someone can say that. The level of dancing on SYTYCD is extraordinary. The talent is mindboggling. How exactly does Dancing with the Stars compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    Why is that annoying? Break dancers are asked to do ballroom, the same way lyrical dancers are asked to do hip hop or crunk. One of the best things about this show is seeing people who are amazing in one type of dance and watching them blow you away in a completely different and foreign genre of dance.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can just skip the show and watch the dance clips online then.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by *~Dagger Trepe~* View Post
    I can't understand how someone can say that. The level of dancing on SYTYCD is extraordinary. The talent is mindboggling. How exactly does Dancing with the Stars compare?
    I just think DWTS is much more entertaining and the people in my sig met on that show.

I'm biased.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Ah, I should have figured on such a thing, though for some reason I needed you to directly tell me something obvious.

Us humans are silly creatures.

I'm probably the silliest-celebrity-stalkingest one of em all.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never seen this show before, but I really liked the Wade Robson dance Miriel posted. I think just looking at the dances online is the way to go, since yes, TV and America suck. =D
    --Box Box Box Box

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I've spent an awful lot of time on the couch the past few days (wisdom teeth removal and whatnot), and my sister and mom have been watching the SYTYCD episodes they recorded. Although the whole drama aspect doesn't really appeal to me, some of the dancing is absolutely fantastic.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Words cannot express how absolutely furious I am at the judges for eliminating Hok last week.

Seriously, I was fuming.

I'm not even sure I can watch the show anymore.

God damn idiots...

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Keep in mind when the judges eliminated some people they probably did it for more corporate reasons...such as keeping exciting people on the tour because their personal dance style can be so much more electrifying.

Having said that I don't follow the show enough to know who is who except for Lacey. As soon as I saw her audition I said 'won'. She is just as good a dance and has just as fun of a personality as her brother. I think she has this thing in the bag.